TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-30-2002, 01:12 AM
Moderator - Modifier

BitDra-G reg. times for the ZipZap in!

I timed my 2.4v ZipZap equipped w/a 3.8 motor, spring suspension, soft tires (BitChar-G) and 12:1 gearing on a BitDra-G regulation run for the open modifieds division. That division requires a 20 foot straightaway. The car times in at approx 4.74 seconds (+/- .25). I did about 4 runs and all the runs were sub 5.

The surface was actually a newly polished and buffed stone marble floor. We drove to the "new" terminal C area at Newark airport at 11pm (thats when they polishing the floors) and immediately broke in the pristine floor with the ZipZap. I am talking huge open space without any debris, as it was newly polished just 5 minutes before we took the floor. We drove there solely to test the ZipZap. We only put in 4 timed runs and then monkeyed around blasting the car continuously in a circle that was about 30 feet in diameter till the batteries died (couldnt stay longer cuz we were parked right at the curb w/ our hazards on). The whole test took only about 15-20 mins.

I assume that if it was a single cell w/3.8 the times would be closer to 9-10 seconds on a 1.2v. I am interested to see what kind of times you guys are pulling on a BitDra-G Regulation track length. Please post.

But when posting, please remember to time all STOCK BitChar-G and ZipZap car runs on a 12' foot track, and all modifieds & boosters on a 20' foot track, according to BitDra-g regulations so that we can all compare equally with the same reference.

Its interesting to note, that it took about 1.5-2 feet for the car to gain top speed w/a 3.8 motor. So theoretically, a booster with a slower 2.6 or 3.2, has an advantage and could possibly take a 3.8, if it shot off the line in low speed, and boosted just when the 3.8 hit the 2 foot mark. I think the distance gained over the 3.8 as its trying to top out, is sustainable over the remaining 18' feet. havent tested this yet, but I always wondered when it would be most appropriate to hit boost in a drag, and it seems that it is much earlier in the race than I expected.

Old 10-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Very cool info guys; do you have times for other cars as a comparison? I'll create a thread in the BC-G area for people to just post their times!
Old 10-02-2002, 01:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to 323iT
check out my post about 3.8 vs 3.0Boost
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=1349