TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Miscellaneous Discussion > 1:1 Scale Cars

Old 11-25-2003, 04:27 AM
Terrible purpose

Send a message via ICQ to PauloBecker
Quote:
Originally posted by sagelwwa
Well I don't drag it, but it does 0-60 in around 4.5 seconds or less. If it makes you feel better, it is very very stressful owning a car like this, no joke. The car you drive doesn't change who you are, it just changes how others see you and its not that great being seen as the guy who owns a Supra, too much pressure. It's like everyone thinks thats what I'm all about, but the car isn't my life as others like to think. God's always first. Anyway, take care, and don't worry about what car you're rollin' in. peace!
Heheh, thanks for trying to make me feel better I agree with you that the car won't change who I am. But I really don't want a car to define me, I want a car that I can have fun while driving Anything with 100-150 hp would be excellent for me. It would be a pleasant drive while not drinking up too much fuel.

Police officer: "Have you any idea how FAST you were going back there?"
Werner Heisenberg: "Nope, but I knew EXACTLY where I was!"
Old 11-29-2003, 03:47 PM
Supin Supras?!

Send a message via AIM to xzipensco
my stock baby

my ride is a 93 ford probe wit a mazda engine. other than that its stock. come summer i'm either gunna mod it or get a supra.

Red supra
stage 2 drag motor
blue shocks all the way around
headlights and tail lights
awd kit
ball bearing bushings
carbon fiber center shaft
wild body kit
rims
rechargable batteries

soon to come:
custom decals
Old 11-29-2003, 04:28 PM
<(- -)> <- Yoda

I just wanted to agree with what sagelwwa was sayin. My parents bought me my WRX and it's not always that fun. Seems like whenever I go somewhere people are always trying to piss me off or race me. This one guy at school was trying to by driving 5 in a 20 but I didn’t do anything and he just looked really stupid. Another time this lady floors it at a stoplight and then just starts tailgating me . It’s like people automatically assume that you’re some punk street racer.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Terrible purpose

Quote:
Originally posted by Impreza WR reX
Another time this lady floors it at a stoplight and then just starts tailgating me
LOL was she hot?

Old 11-30-2003, 04:02 PM
<(- -)> <- Yoda

No, she was old...
Old 12-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Go Banana!

yeah it sucks how people view you when you're in a hyped-up popular sports car. (hope my honda 599 won't be the same way) It's all part of owning one though. I love driving and modding my car so much I'll never get rid of it. I've resorted to flipping the bird...works wonders on little ignorant people who think I do nothing but race from light to light.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to sagelwwa
I've decided I can't handle owning my Supra anymore. It's now for sale. I hate selling it, but I need a more practical car that I won't get hassled for so much and that I can drive whenever/wherever I want to. The Supra brings on too much attention and stress for me to handle, I don't want my life to revolve around this car. There are more important things than this car. I can't get away from the lifestyle that comes with this car except by selling it. By the way, I'm just a teenager going off to college, if I was middle-aged with another car, this would all be a different story. Anyway, if any of yall are interested give me a shout at sage@lwwa.net or wcwworld@hotmail.com
Old 12-02-2003, 07:34 PM
DDR PIMP

It bothers me when I see how many people in this thread are so critical of other people's cars when they themselves are like 14 and carless.

On a brighter note, sagelwwa, you're probably the most mature person I've ever seen on the internet. Good call on selling the Supra. Whatever car you buy when you sell the Supra, I hope you enjoy it.

Thunder Charger
Old 12-02-2003, 07:44 PM

Thanks! You'll never know how much that means to me! Really! Wish me luck selling it though, haha. I am hoping to be able to get a Subaru Impreza WRX STi or a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 out of all this, but I will be happy with anything practical and is somewhat respectable. Going from a Supra to a Geo would be dumb, but I can't set my sights too high either. Anyway, thanks and wish me luck.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:37 PM

Oh, it's already up for sale? Didn't know that. But I guess that's just because you didn't tell me. It's a good idea. I would recommend a Lancer Evo. I wish i had a Lancer Evo. ANYWAY, it's a good choice. It is a really nice car, and anyone would love to have it, but not the reputation you gain while having it. A Lancer Evo or WRX would be a much better choice for someone going off to college. I'm referring to you in the third person even though I've known you for a long time. But anyway, I hate that you're giving it up, but it's a good reason. Have fun with whatever you choose!

P.S. Hey, it'd be nice if you could get a Skyline . But, that's not gonna happen.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:38 PM
S K Y L I N 3

just wondering how much u got it for when u first bought it?
Old 12-02-2003, 08:48 PM

I wish I could get a Skyline too, hehe. Anyway, I have plenty of reasons I'm giving it up and I'm glad you understand. I like WRX STi more than the Evo but they are both fine choices. Let me just say that with all the upgrades and my buying price and the warranty price, it cost more than $43k. Between the previous owners and myself, the modifications have cost more than $15k of that figure.

For those of you who know me, this is "classified" info by the way, don't go blurting this off to everyone I'm only revealing these numbers for selling purposes.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Terrible purpose

And how much are you selling it for? Make it at least 30k so you can buy yourself that Lancer And I too wish you all the luck and fun with your new car. And also hope that your Supra finds a decent and mature driver like you

Old 12-03-2003, 07:24 PM
<(- -)> <- Yoda

Mmmmmm, STi...
Old 12-03-2003, 07:37 PM

I'm asking $28K obo. It was $30K, but I lowered it a bit. I should be able to scrape up a WRX STi or EVO 8 for $28K maybe less with some very good luck. By the way, yall are awesome! For you WRX fans out there, I think the new STi is a heck of a car, Subaru covered all bases with this car.