TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-30-2002, 01:13 AM
Moderator - Modifier

BItDra-G times recorded for 2.4v ZipZap

I timed my 2.4v ZipZap equipped w/a 3.8 motor, spring suspension, soft tires (BitChar-G) and 12:1 gearing on a BitDra-G regulation run for the open modifieds division. That division requires a 20 foot straightaway. The car times in at approx 4.74 seconds (+/- .25). I did about 4 runs and all the runs were sub 5.

The surface was actually a newly polished and buffed stone marble floor. We drove to the "new" terminal C area at Newark airport at 11pm (thats when they polishing the floors) and immediately broke in the pristine floor with the ZipZap. I am talking huge open space without any debris, as it was newly polished just 5 minutes before we took the floor. We drove there solely to test the ZipZap. We only put in 4 timed runs and then monkeyed around blasting the car continuously in a circle that was about 30 feet in diameter till the batteries died (couldnt stay longer cuz we were parked right at the curb w/ our hazards on). The whole test took only about 15-20 mins.

I assume that if it was a single cell w/3.8 the times would be closer to 9-10 seconds on a 1.2v. I am interested to see what kind of times you guys are pulling on a BitDra-G Regulation track length. Please post.

But when posting, please remember to time all STOCK BitChar-G and ZipZap car runs on a 12' foot track, and all modifieds & boosters on a 20' foot track, according to BitDra-g regulations so that we can all compare equally with the same reference.

Its interesting to note, that it took about 1.5-2 feet for the car to gain top speed w/a 3.8 motor. So theoretically, a booster with a slower 2.6 or 3.2, has an advantage and could possibly take a 3.8, if it shot off the line in low speed, and boosted just when the 3.8 hit the 2 foot mark. I think the distance gained over the 3.8 as its trying to top out, is sustainable over the remaining 18' feet. havent tested this yet, but I always wondered when it would be most appropriate to hit boost in a drag, and it seems that it is much earlier in the race than I expected.

Old 09-30-2002, 10:08 AM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
LOL! I can just picture you guys sneakin into the newly polished area and running your experiments!

Instead of being B.A.S.E. jumpers...You're B.A.S.E. racers!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:43 PM
BIT PIMP

LOL.... You guys are crazy.. Security at Tampa airport is so strong I wouldn't get 2 feet from my car, and they're on me like the wild bunch. I'll test it in the tennis courts behind my crib and let you know...

silla
Old 09-30-2002, 04:29 PM
smoove operator

Quote:
Originally posted by QFM Racing
I timed my 2.4v ZipZap equipped w/a 3.8 motor, spring suspension, soft tires (BitChar-G) and 12:1 gearing
You know I'm starting to believe that it's my ZZ and not the bit motors. On several occasions I tried a 2.2 and a 2.6 with 9.86:1 and 12:1 gearing, the result was the ZZ running about 50% slower with the bit motor than with it's stock 1.6

It seemed to me that the bit motors didn't have enough torque to push the longer, heavier car, my first hypothosis is now questioned.
Any suggestions guys? Maybe I overlooked something.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2002, 05:00 PM
Moderator - Modifier

Kyle mentioned that it might be the circuit board itself. ZipZaps are NOT clones (clones are just knockoffs of the original, anything that warrants a separate patent is a diff product) and actually have completely different circuitry. When he switched the boards he reported improvement in motor speed.

My guess is that its not your Bit motors, but a combination of the weight of the Zip and the PCB circuitry. After all, these motors have alot more car to push.

Really anxious to see your times, so we get a better picture of how our combinations of parts affect performance in diff cars.

FYI: Race in NYC 10/26 by ZipZap. 3 races in (SF), 1 in east bay and 2 on SF side. Race in toronto coming up as well. Gonna try to make all three. Ill take pics like crazy and post on the QuestForMadness website.

Old 09-30-2002, 05:25 PM
TinyRC Pro

Mind posting or sending me the info on the 3 races in the SF area when you get a chance??
Old 09-30-2002, 05:38 PM
smoove operator

QFM, it was a bit 3.8 you ran in the ZZ for the drag correct? And you didn't see any lag or did you?
Old 09-30-2002, 07:02 PM
Moderator - Modifier

3.8 motor in Zip

I was using a 3.8 motor from my Bit in my Zip. The takeoff was slow off the line and it took about 1.5-2 ft before it hit top end. This is the problem. I think a 2.4v booster with a slower motor could thoeretically take me, if they got off the line faster (in low speed) and put a good distance between us. then they would hit the boost button as I top out. Since my Zip hit top end after 2 ft, I would probably be spending the rest of the 18 ft run trying to close the gap. If the gap is big enough, then the car with the slower motor could possibly win.

This is good for BitDra-G competition because it adds dynamic, but bad for me cuz i want to win by a ridiculous margin. hehe. doesnt everybody?! j/k

Heres a pic of the QFM Racing 2.4v team...

Last edited by QFM Racing; 09-30-2002 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:33 PM
smoove operator

I gotcha, thanks for the run-down QFM. Hopefully someone will build a faster ZZ spec. motor. Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:33 PM

OFM....do u have any further info for the ones in the BAY area....need to ask for the days off
Old 09-30-2002, 11:48 PM
Moderator - Modifier

Races in SF

The one in the East Bay has a definite date. The other two are to coincide with the opening of 2 hobby shops in malls in San Mateo and South City I believe. I will get the dates and post for you on this thread. Ill call the guy tomorrow. We are thinking of helping throw the event, and there will be 2 races. A lap type race, and an official BitDra-G event.

IF you have any further questions you can also email me directly at ( qfm @ comcast . net )!

Old 10-01-2002, 02:00 AM

dam I am so excited....although Frisco will be a mish...but well worth it......if you need an extra hand let me know...i would be more than happy to be a part of an event....and maybe Dark will join me ...j/k.......

BTY

I will check your site for updates.....and I hope its not on the 13th.....
Old 10-01-2002, 08:25 AM
TinyRC Pro

Sweeeet... I will deffinetly try to make all 3!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:15 AM

yah Drk........c u there bud.....