TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 09-09-2002, 11:10 PM

Bit Charg-G Clone FAQ

I recently got into Bit Char-G's recently though the purchase of clone brand units.

I know there are a lot of clone brands out there so I'd like to know what people's experiences have been like with the various clone brands.

It'll be helpful to have pics as well, so if you pics of your clones please post them within the thread.

Here's some info about the clones I bought, I'll post pics tomorrow. . . .

I purchased a total of 4 units at only $10 each. The company name on the english packaging says "Bensu". These were the types with the circular shaped controller that come packaged in a dome. There are 6 different frequencies available, the 4 I have are 27,35, 45, and 57. 2 of them came with Chinese packaging, 2 in english, all with horribly tacky packaging.

In terms of quality, there is great variation with just the 4 I bought.

PERFORMANCE: 2 cars are fast, the other two are relatively slower.
BUILD: Over molding seamed to be fine. One controller did not make a good contact for charging.
RUN TIME: Excellent on all cars, I believe better than the legit Bit although I don't have one yet to compare.
SIGNAL STRENGTH: Excellent on all cars, about 8 foot range or more.

I'd like to hear some info about the other clones and which ones you've found to be the best.

On a seperate note, is the color accent on the motors universal? As orange denotes a specific output etc. I can't tell if some of my cars have better motors than others.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:21 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
There's already lots of info on Clones soulstice.

Check out:
http://tinyrc.com/qfm/racing/ft_clones.htm
http://www.blackadderhall.com/bitchar-g/index.html (Car Showroom)

Good luck.

Quote:
On a seperate note, is the color accent on the motors universal? As orange denotes a specific output etc. I can't tell if some of my cars have better motors than others.
If it's an OFFICIAL Bit Char-G product? Then YES, there's a standard scheme based on color...On clones and OEMs? It's a free-for-all, orange could be ANYTHING on any car. Remember, you're buying a knock-off, they have no obligation to any kind of consistency.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:28 PM
SPEED IS GOOD

I to have an OEM bullet or Bensu. This was the 1st micro i got. It was real fun and real fast. They're not that durable, after taking out the back axle a few times the hole got bigger and the gears wouldn't mesh good. Sometimes the gears doen't even touch its so bad. But fro spares these cars are great. I replaced my Stock 1.0 motor with the bullet motors and with the stock gearing my Bit Char-g flies!!! I alos have a clone similar gto the Bensu/OEM Bullet. it is the Mini Mover. It's also a nice car. Not sure about the durability because i race my TOMY and rarely use the clones. These are fast also. Mine makes a sharp right turn a a wide left. I'm sure i can find a way to fix it. There's a also a difference in antennas......the bensus are a bit larger than the TOMY's and the Mini Movers have thick short antennas in different colors. After messing with these three cars i can only say that TOMY's Bit CHar-g's are the best overall (ofcourse) but for the price i would get the Bullets..........they seam to be made better.........and detailed nicer. But i do like the clear windows of the Mini Movers.