TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-28-2004, 01:25 AM

I have one Mad Tune coming along with 4 other cars so if anyone here is interested feel free to e-mail.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:26 PM

Keyence Mad Tune Directions HELP

Does any of you MAD TUNE guys out there have and English Directions for your Mad Tune?

I have a "NEVER DRIVEN" Red Celica that I bought about 10 years ago from a colleague in Japan (for a small fortune I might add) and I want to give her a maiden voyage soon. I still have an intact decal sheet.................. killer car.

I only have a Japanese Generic sheet and a Road Plan. I need to know if the TX light blinks during charge or if this means ERROR (my cell may need replacing after 10 - 12 years)?

I placed batteries in my TX today and tried to charge this bad boy, but got a blinking light. After 2 minutes of charge, the wheels didn't do much, thus I expect a need to replace the cell. Just wanted to be sure, before I do micro surgery.

If anyone wants to see some pictures, EMAIL me.

If anyone can convince me that they need this more than I do, EMAIL me with your offer....... If no takers..... Keep your eyes out there in auction land ...................

Best Regards to all you MICRO FREAKS out there.

Reply to this forum below or email me for pictures and/or questions. Please title your message FORUM QUESTION, otherwise your message will get spam blocked. Remove CAPS from my email address below.

kyREMOVETHISdawg1@yahoo.com
[/list][IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by kylelucas; 04-29-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Overworked

Kyle,
I am on the road in Vancouver BC right now. I will pull mine out of storage and check the charge light when I get back to CA this weekend.

I think my docs are all japaneese also. I'll let you know.

-Todd

Micro RC for way over a decade
Old 04-27-2004, 11:50 PM

Hi kyle and congrats for your Celica!
Yes blinking is normal, there are 2 steps during charge.
1. Discharging and then 2. Charging. Depending on the condition of the battery, the charger gives complete discharge before charging. During discharge the led is still and then starts to blink when charging begins. After 3-4 mn charging is complete and led goes off.
After charging do the steering work even a small amount when there is no juice for the motor? After full charge the motor should work for a short amount of time even if the battery is worn out.

Have fun!

Last edited by fovea3d; 04-27-2004 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:21 AM

fovea3d-

Thanks for the help on this. I appreciate your input.

Looks like I will need to change the cell. Time for micro-surgery.

I hope all is well.

Kind Regards.
-Kyle
Old 05-02-2004, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Time for micro-surgery.
Just a few inputs

When you take out the body, take extreme care off the micro steering, don't touch the steering bar or even the steering motor.
The steering motor has an helicoidal pinion that is only "laying" on the steering bar. Misalignment of the ST motor can be fatal to the steering as it risk to disengage permanently after the operation. My Sylvia had this problem, steering was not responding again until you pressed on the hood to reengage the ST motor
Also handle the rear motor pinions with care, and in general, don't apply force to the wheels, the axle are very soft.
For the battery no problem, just good soldering and insulation of contacts with tape is required.
Good luck

Last edited by fovea3d; 05-02-2004 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:36 PM

hey if you guys like these cars i found a new company that is coming out with a car similar in size scale and feature called xxap www.xxap.com check it out they have metal and plastic bodies and use lithium batteries proportional controlls and 8 selectable frequencies they were featured in rc car action magazine this month
Old 05-25-2004, 09:07 AM

Their cars are not released yet and they are heavy die cast. They will not be fast if you see their video.

It will be interesting to see how "digital proportional" they are.

The magazines show their first models as well. You can see the detail is also not very good. It will never be able to meet Mad Tune detail.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Overworked

Well of course I must have one as soon as I can get my hands on one.

However, these guys say they are the first, but they are about 12 years behind Keyence.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:51 PM

>>SOLD<< Anyone interested in the my Mad Tune

Greetings.

The Mad Tune that I have shown in this forum is >>SOLD<<.

Last edited by kylelucas; 06-19-2004 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Overworked

I will buy it!!

I just sent an email to you.

-Todd

Old 06-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Tiny RC Pro

You suck! I was going to get it!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:59 AM

Have a Mad-tune for sale

Hi there,

I've an original NIB Keyence Mad-tune here for sale. I've no particular interest in it myself, but found your site thru goog. This one is in brand-new condition, in the box, is a Nissan Silvia and is unmarked in any way. One of the two antennae is still in the bag and the tiny decal set is untouched in any way. The box still has the original price sticker on it (in Yen!) and the original track and bilingual instructions are included, unopened.

The original Ni-Cad button-cell is a little the worse for age and doesn't hold charge for long. I charged it up last week and gave it a whirl. Wow - that little thing is fast!

Anyway - interested? I'm in California, BTW.

-- A

(not my RL name above. I'm careful of my privacy!)
Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Tiny RC Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Jones View Post
Hi there,

I've an original NIB Keyence Mad-tune here for sale. I've no particular interest in it myself, but found your site thru goog. This one is in brand-new condition, in the box, is a Nissan Silvia and is unmarked in any way. One of the two antennae is still in the bag and the tiny decal set is untouched in any way. The box still has the original price sticker on it (in Yen!) and the original track and bilingual instructions are included, unopened.

The original Ni-Cad button-cell is a little the worse for age and doesn't hold charge for long. I charged it up last week and gave it a whirl. Wow - that little thing is fast!

Anyway - interested? I'm in California, BTW.

-- A

(not my RL name above. I'm careful of my privacy!)
Hmm. I had forgotten about this thread, but just recently remembered these cars and went on the search again. Still got the Mad-Tune?

Last edited by Racer9; 12-09-2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: whee typos
Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
cherylfoster

WOW! This would explain why they were not as popular as Bit Char-G! Keyence do incredible things, but they do not seem to have their prices quite ready yet. Thank you for the explanation RE Flexi-PCB, which is very unusual.