TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-10-2010, 01:49 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Track

i got a chance to go up to the shop Saturday and take a look at what all the hub bub is about with these.

honestly, i'm not very impressed. the layout space seems very limited. the placement in the store is akward to say the least. it looked very much unused, dirty, had an uneven portion.

in appearance, it looks nice. colors are good, assembly looks solid. the carpet texture is very interesting as i've never raced on carpet before. i'm hoping that once properly leveled, the panel gaps disappear but these were noticeable.

i look forward to meeting up with the maryland guys at some point to actually get some racing done and stats on the website but right now, it doesn't seem like that will be happening anytime with any urgency.

oh, i couldn't find any dnano parts? there was only 2 employee's in the front half of the store and both were at the front register. the dnano display case looked as if it doesn't get used much either. they did not have any of the latest body selections in stock, just the old ones. prices were reasonable but more expensive than the va beach store.

now, i ventured to the back of the shop to their main race track. this was HUGE. the pit space was absolutely jammed pack with people and gear. i walked over to the grand stands to watch a couple races as i've never really watched a 1:10 scale race. lets just say they take it MUCH more seriously than mini-z racing. i heard some angry shouts at what seemed like routine bumps and scrapes. i have to say, if that ever takes route in mini-z racing i'm dropping out of racing. i simply don't like that kind of atmosphere as it's very difficult to enjoy something when everyone seems so frustrated and or angry. i did see some very nice and clean line driving as well. these cars are going VERY fast as well. once you adapt to the awful smell it was a good experience.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 PM

Disapointing to read that report, it seems that there are only three or four HT's that are doing anything to attract racers. Lucky for me I happen to live close to the track that has logged the most laps in the last month, here in AZ. I'd like to say that an impressive stat like that is due to strong particiation but thats just not the case yet. However the five of us that are running these cars are haveing a ton of fun doing so and laying down a bunch of laps.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:56 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
does anyone show up for casual racing? there clearly isn't any regular racing going, or it hasn't been reported.

i have my own dnano and my sons each have one and it would be nice to have a destination other than my basement to race them. i do have my own rcp track and core timing system...

i know there are dnano owners in the area...