TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-14-2006, 09:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to zzultimate Send a message via MSN to zzultimate
ZZMT Stuttering

So i bought this zzmt from a forum member over at another rc forum. It has third cell mod with deans plug, flipped wheels, and underglow. So i was so excited on the day it was sopose to get here that I ran from the bus to my house, dropped my books, and ran for the package. I opened it, and my first impression was, sweet, this thing looks awesome. I put some fress batts in the controller, turn it on, and charge the truck for 70 seconds(like he told me to) i put it on the floor and go, it stutters like crazy. like put, put put put put......
So i pick it up and put it right next to the controller and it works. Put it back on the floor and it stutters. So i go outside and it does the same thing. The only way to get it to not stutter is to put the tx right next to the antenna and fallow the truck when it goes.

What do i do? The guy i bought it from says he tested it out right before he sent it. I've also noticed pleanty of times where he has tryied to sell it on differnt forums. I am not accusing him of scamming me, because he has been very nice and helpful, and even trying to help me fix it.

Any suggestions? Have you had this problem before. I've never had a zzmt, but wish i had, i'm missing out on a lot of fun, and i don't even know how it preforms yet!

Thanks in advance.

Xmods:
Drifter-05 mustang- AWD, PVC drift wheels, bearings.
Racer -Dodge Viper- Custom body, Flipped wheels, suspension upgrade, steering upgrade, tire upgrade, stage two.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Jazz32

Your problem is either signal or power. I'm going to guess signal. I would retry batteries in the remote, than look to see if the antenna on the truck is firmly soldered in place.

It might also be that the batteries in the truck are low, which will also cause it to stutter. Try double charging the batteries in the truck.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:19 PM

I was using fresh batts and the antenna on the truck is attached. I'll try double charging the batts.

EDIT: I tried double charging, didn't make a difference.

Xmods:
Racer -Dodge Viper- Custom body, Flipped wheels, suspension upgrade, steering upgrade, tire upgrade, stage two.

Last edited by zzultimate; 04-15-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:44 PM
TinyRC Super Pro

this might help:NEVER touch the tx antenna, it drastically shortens range, if that doesnt work, openup the tx and look for loose, unsoldered wires that could have came undone during shipment, then make sure the screw on the antenna of the tx(inside the tx, on the very bottom, where it screws onto a wire) is tight and tightened up tight with the wire.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:06 PM
zipped up tight!

From my experience, the PCB has been cooked by too much voltage. It usually happens when trying to charge a tri or quad cell setup, because even though you're only running around 5 volts, you have to charge it with more, which will cook the PCB.

It's just a guess, but I've seen the exact problem over and over...and over.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:14 PM
TinyRC Super Pro

one question...how much was it?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:33 AM

$27 shipped.

The guy i bought it from said if i sent it back, he would look at it, so i'm going to send it back.

Xmods: