TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-09-2005, 08:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to moebrown20
Quote:
Originally posted by twiki
I recently come across about 30 HYPERFET III's out of novak's cyclone 2 speed controls anyone have any information on these or how I would go about implementing them into my xmod?
Could you take a photo of it(the car & the esc board)?
If the esc is similar maybe I could help?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:47 PM
TinyRC Newbie

How do you stack FETs?

I've been into x-mods for a while,and have been hearing about these stacked FETs. I was wondering, How do you stack thes FETs?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:41 AM
TinyRC Newbie

Re: How do you stack FETs?

Quote:
Originally posted by Falvec
I've been into x-mods for a while,and have been hearing about these stacked FETs. I was wondering, How do you stack thes FETs?
Just solder 2 more right on top of the old ones.. You will need to cut away the heat sink to make it fit though... I would just as soon replace them than stack them and cut the heat sink.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:13 AM
TinyRC Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by RacinSkillZ101
hey moebrown20, heres ur fet schem... it should answer everyones questions regarding how to fet and regulate an xmod w/o spending 50 bux on a inferior version sold by a ripoff artist

some notes...

for regulated users,
-the input is w/e voltage ur batts are, i.e. 4X liion = 14.4V
-the output = 5V, used for the comp chip and if desired can power neons and other accesories
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if your not planning to run a regulated fet system, then discard the regulator and connect input wires where theyd normaly go on ur comp chip.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
random notes with the schematic,
-this is a top view, i.e. how theyd look if u stood above the finished product.
-wires can be put under the board to clean it up a bit, just be careful with your connections
-the optional switch is placed before the regulator so that it controls power to the entire system, thus eliminating the need for the stock switch
-for the high current wired id recomend no smaller than 22guage wires
-for the low current wires u could use ribbon wire from a comp
-make sure to take ur time organising wires and properly heatshrinking them, also do not allow any of the fets touch one another, the IRLs are grounded - and the IRFs are gorunded +, if they touch u get a nasty short that will fry ur fets and ruin ur expensive liions.
-please be care while soldering, and have fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

pic below is the property of racinskillz101 of Custom Engineering inc. if you steal it on me ill be pist!

Thanks for this! Just a short question.... Do you have a part number for the voltage regulator you used?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by twilkie
Thanks for this! Just a short question.... Do you have a part number for the voltage regulator you used?
yeah it's: 276-1770 from Radioshack. To install it is easy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5v.jpg (10.3 KB, 178 views)
Old 05-20-2005, 03:00 PM

As for external boards, I ran across ph2t schematics. A very good design, except that I would like to use 2 wires instead of 4 going to the board. I have a design already for the 2 wires, I just want to cut out a front deck & use that space there.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:58 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Too bad that part number does not exsist for radioshack in canada... Looking at it on the US site I should be able to pick somethin that will work from digikey though. Thanks! I think I'll give your design a try, unless you have something even better. Thanks so much, I was actually thinking a V2 from atomicmods, but this should be more fun as a DIY project.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:18 AM

Send a message via ICQ to aaron
moebrown... How the heck do you propose to use two wires?

Having just completed development of another External MOSFET board I couldn't find a way to minimise control electronics/wires without compromising the performance (either driveability or feature set, or poutright performance).

Obviously there are ways of doing it, but in a cost effective manner?

A.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aaron
moebrown... How the heck do you propose to use two wires?

Having just completed development of another External MOSFET board I couldn't find a way to minimise control electronics/wires without compromising the performance (either driveability or feature set, or poutright performance).

Obviously there are ways of doing it, but in a cost effective manner?

A.
When you say "cost effective", you mean DIY. I got the design for a old turbo, but instead of using S08 type fets, I use 220AB. The main problem I see with it, is that I lose the breaks.
The turbo will have 6 lines instead of 8. The stock fets will controll the turbo(if they are not fried already). I'm drawing a design of what I use, may be we could compare notes?
Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to aaron
Ahhh loose brakes... Sorry then it's not my bag

I was curious how else it would be done and _not_ loose brakes.

A.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:17 PM

were

i live on toronto canada and i wanted 2 know were do u buy FETS heres a website were i found sum http://www.sayal.com/

can u look threw the site and find it the right 1 and send me the exact link plzz thanks
Old 06-30-2006, 09:07 AM
(insert something funny)

Location: Toronto, Ontario in an igloo to all those americans lol
could someone help me im new to xmods and i was wondering if anyone knew which was the forward fet and the reverse fet for the xmod evo and if i replace those fets do i have to replace any other fets
Old 06-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Hardcore Otaku

I don't think you can do this FET mod to the Evos, I think the electronics are different. Wait, actually, they might be similar enough to, idk, this link might help click here
Old 06-30-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetoi
I don't think you can do this FET mod to the Evos, I think the electronics are different. Wait, actually, they might be similar enough to, idk, this link might help click here
These fet's are what most people use to upgrade theirs. If you get 3 set, you could run almost any 130 size motor.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Hardcore Otaku

but will it work for Evos?