TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/64 and Smaller > ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE > ZipZaps SE

Old 12-14-2004, 10:14 PM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Also my one wheel got some fibers wrapped into it, so one wheel turns more freely than the other. How do I get the fibers out?
Tweezers work really well. If you look around on these forums there are detailed instructions explaining how to remove the axle from the knuckle. So you can really get all the debris out.

EDIT: I found the thread:

how to pull the wheel axle

Last edited by damootch; 12-14-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:41 PM
ax0n

I'm on my third SE. My first was a Savannah which I completely ruined while experimenting with the uneven steering problem. The next was an Audi TT (60-7028) that still works, but I lost the controller. I think the TT was still a first-gen.

Picked up a new Ford GT (60-7051) today, mostly for a new controller for my Audi, and some NiMH batteries because Xmas has put a dent in my supply of spare, un-used AAA's, and I noticed that the 3rd gen GT is a hell of a lot faster than any other ZZ I've played with, ever. I put my Perfection King Pro 4.2 in it and it literally hauls balls. I can actually use the red gears on this with the 4.2 motor and get decent accelleration and blistering speed (okay not as fast as my double cell MS-Pro).

I even have enough torque to drift it at speed using any of the Microsizer tires, even soft block tread, on the back. The soft radio shack brand tires keep the back end planted though.

Steering issues: None. Even number of "Clicks" both ways.

Has anyone else noticed the apparent boost in power that the new SE's are putting to the drive motor?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:25 PM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Azimov
Doesn't seem bullet proof. Bought a Chevelle today, date code 01A04, rock solid. Not a twitch. Can't check the others as I don't save the packaging.
To find the date code if you threw away the packaging is to look on the inside of the battery door on the controller. that is, if you can remember wich zip goes to which controller..
Old 12-18-2005, 02:58 PM

ok
Old 12-18-2005, 03:20 PM

3rd G rocks and you no it
Old 04-21-2006, 01:12 AM
TinyRC Pro

Chassis part number...

I just got a used Ford mustang GT SE from ebay today and the chassis has the part number 60-7053 and comparing that to my Aston Martin SE I got 2 weeks ago which has a chassis part number of 60-7080...the Mustang GT is so much slower than my Aston martin....This is only my second Zip Zap SE...so I dont know much about them...I put on the motor from the Mustang Gt on my Aston Martin Chassis and it zooms fast!...but with the same motor in the Mustang Chassis it goes slow...so I am thinking maybe the latest SEs got an improvement in the PCB? Also the motors look different...and the Astons motor wont run in the Mustangs Chassis...like the connectors are different so the current doesnt pass through...check the pics...

So I was wondering how can I mod the Mustang so its as fast as the Aston?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zzmotors.jpg (44.4 KB, 67 views)
Old 04-21-2006, 01:16 AM
TinyRC Pro

Motor Comparison

Heres a photo showing the back of the two motors...the new one has an "up" sticker on it and the motor from the mustang Gt SE doesnt...and the back looks totally different...so it this a norm between the different generations fo SEs or did the guy I bought it from put in a clone motor or something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zzmotors comparison.jpg (11.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 04-25-2006, 06:34 PM
I process, therefore I am

Quote:
so it this a norm between the different generations fo SEs
Yes. The SEs as well as the regular zips have been improved as new models come out. Problem is, Rat Shak doesn't pull the old stock when the better stuff comes out. As a matter of fact, they mix old chassis with new bodies sometimes. Your best bet is to buy the latest versions only. You can look around the boards here for stock numbers that correlate to the newer, better chassis, but it can still be a crap shoot. Two things to look for as you look over the package in the store. If it's a regular zip and it has front springs AND is one of the newer body styles, it's probably a newer, faster chassis. With the SEs, look for that new engine bell housing connection. The big one. This is a good indicator that your getting the latest chassis. Look for the highest possible stock number on the package as well. This can help in finding the latest versions of the chassis. As far as beefing up the older chassis, your only option is customizing the PCBs with better transistors (or Mosfets as the case may be) to allow more juice to pass through to the engine.
Myself, I keep the older cars as they are. A slower car is very useful when learning to drive the cars, particularly on a track. Once you get a feel for em, you can whip out the faster cars for more of a challenge.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:53 AM

oh dosent this suck i just finaly got around to reading this

i picked one of my cars up for 8 bucks
and the other for 12
the 12 dollare austan marten goes so fast i have accualy rolled it over
but the other one part number 60-7026 sucks ass
exept for the fact that the slower speeds make it easer to learn how to drive

now im ganna have to pay attinion
Old 04-27-2006, 01:49 PM

Just a quick off topic question here Antimatter. What does your location "IN YOUR MOM" mean?

Last edited by Azimov; 04-28-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:06 PM

haha oops forgot i did that
Old 04-27-2006, 02:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snake Mod
hey azimov, a little of subject, okay alot of subject but those solar car in bit science are killer. Yes, i know their old threads but just thought about how ingenius they were.

[color=green]
Old 04-28-2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:
those solar car in bit science are killer
Thanks. I still get that thing out and run it around on a concrete slab in front of the garage. The red one that is. It's the only one I saved as it performed the best of all three.
Antimatter: Just wondering as I'm fairly sure this is still a G rated site. Obviously not being moderated as it once was though. You should consider changing it to something a bit more child friendly.

Last edited by Azimov; 04-28-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:41 AM

Newbie ? about the SE's

Hello Everyone! I just joined this forum today. I must say I'm quite impressed with what I've found here!

I just wanted to stop in and say Hello!

My question is..... does anyone know what the Radio Shack part number is (60-____) for the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish SE from 007 Die Another Day.

I would also like to know what the part numbers are, for the "Cars" movie Zip Zaps, if anyone knows them.

I tried contacting the Radio Shack stores in my area to find out, but I had no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:04 PM

Here is a link to Chilli's website that should have all the info you need.
http://www.gcrossett.com/zipzaps/
The forum has slowed somewhat since new micro RC cars have pretty much evaporated. Still, there is alot of useful info buried here.
I won't be home for the next few days, so I can't answer more questions. The link will help alot though.