TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-05-2003, 10:26 AM
BitPimp Enforcer

KIT rear in a Bit......

I'm using the rear from a KIT (after mod-ing it). The gear meshing doesn't seem as smooth as the stock gears. I know it won't compare to the stock gears being as they were made for the car. Is there any "trick" to using KIT rears in Bits to making it smoother?

Thanx
DarkTari

If It Don't Fly....."MODIFY"!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:48 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to dieselboy
i read somewhere about using a 7 tooth gear instead of the stock 6 tooth motor gear. You can always try it out if you have one laying around.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:11 PM
My spoon is too big

You should use the white pinion gear that came with the KIT racer. You may also have to trim some plastic from the inside of the motor well to correct the mesh problem. Here's some more info.

CLICK HERE
Old 02-06-2003, 08:06 AM
BitPimp Enforcer

Thanx LowTrac

I am using the white gear, still a lil too much space left in there. It's not skipping or sticking but just doesn't mesh smoothly.
ANd the post is right about the take off, sllow, but top end is Shhhpow!
I may/may not try trimming the motor bay to move the motor closer to the gear...?

Thanx again
DarkTari

If It Don't Fly....."MODIFY"!
Old 02-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Retarded Stunt Driver

if you pick it up and throw it across the room it is much faster.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:10 AM
My spoon is too big

Agreed.

As for trimming the motor well, I was a little leary about it because I was afraid that the stock gearset may be TOO close afterwords. I haven't had any problems though.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Mr. Goop

Send a message via Yahoo to Spanky
the gearing on the kit cars was designed for the motor to get voltage directly from the battery. these cars have the voltage regulated through the pcb. so the motor is not spinnign as hard, hence the gears dont work as good. but in a dual cell mod they work great, if you dont mind the noise they make.