TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-26-2005, 05:39 PM

Question Paint in a Can!

hey guys i've done some research and what not and i wanted to paint my yellow skyline but the thing is do i need to prime the car first i was told that the paint i'm using...paint for plastic by Tamiya doesn't need to always need a primed surface is this true?

what i want from my car is for the paint to look great! and have a shine to the surface like a glossy look the car had when stock...what i have done was cover up the windows with gel glue...yes gel glue you whip it on with a q-tip or some thing evenly and wait to dry 110% and then paint away and after paint has is dry then pull off the glue it's like skin made from glue...it will feel like rubber but it works great and i use it on thing i don't want paint to cover up

so i hope someone can help me out thanks!
Old 01-26-2005, 09:05 PM

you guys aren't very helpful now are you?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:56 PM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
Here's all the help you need.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:45 PM

i did a search it didn't come up so i ask a question? if you don't have anything. you aren't funny

Last edited by Zero-Man; 01-28-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
RadRacer

O.K. first of all...calm down. He must have not read your post, or forgot, it's not like the world's goin to come to an end. I almost wasn't goin to help you because of your attitude, but here's the steps:

Step1- Buy your primer, paint, airbrush kit, and I don't mean those cheapo testors kits, go buy the $80 ones! YES YOU DO NEED THE EXPENSIVE AIRBRUSH KIT!!

Step2- Pat yourself on the bak for spending so much money!

Step3- Take the body and all electronics off your car, and throw away all the screws and the chassis.

Step4- Paint it, but do NOT use primer! Make sure you do NOT tape up your windows.

Step5- Once the paint has dried, take your body and all the peices and throw them away since your car looks horrible because you have no clue how to paint correctly.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have succesfully completely screwed up your X-mod, taken all of the electronics out and not be able to put them back in, done a HORRIBLE paint job, and wasted a load of money! ENJOY!

http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread....ighlight=prime

Are you happy now??

Last edited by Zero-Man; 01-28-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Zero-Man

RadRacer, although I admire your creative writing and did LOL, please observe the following:

Please be a touch "gentler"
If you are trying to spoof, try closing with "Just Kidding"
The spacing was a nice touch, but not acceptable when posting.

Thanks for the true link
Old 01-29-2005, 02:44 AM

Thanks for the link...sorry about the being an @ss and all had a bad day that day still shouldn't have reacted like that but what right did he have posting that kind of reply (did i offend anyone?) I did a search and nothing help if he had done what RadRacer had of done then everything would have been ok...but anyways just wanted to say sorry and i didn't mean anything like to offend anyone just "bumping my thread"...once again sorry and thanks for the help

Last edited by ~S20o0~; 01-29-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:27 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
Hey man, it's all good. I know I can come across a bit harsh at times, so I expect to get a few evil responses. You also have to understand that any question you can probably think of has most likely been asked and answered before. You see my join date? That means I've seen all of them. It gets a little tiring seeing the same questions asked over and over again.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:59 PM
RadRacer

I'm like Murcielago659. Although I haven't been a member of these forums long, I'm on here at least 3 hours a day (yes I have no life), and I'm a member of about 3 more forums, so I'm constantly reading people's problems........and sometimes, you just lose it all, after you've seen the same problem 20 times the same day (you're response didn't help any either).

You're welcome for the link, I just did a search......LOL

BTW- When you search, don't search for just one thing, like paint, try many different things before you post, like paint, paint tut, tutorial, etc., etc. just thought I'd let ya know! Someitmes you will get 4 or 5 pages of posts, but look through them! I've done some searches that've found over 10 pages of posts, and I looked through them all. I just did one yesterday that gave me 23 pages of topics, but I just took some time, and searched. My point is, if you don't find what you're searching for, broaden your search, and after doin that 2 or 3 times, then post about it!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:51 PM

ok thanks for the tips...words to live by...at least in a forum

thanks a lot guys
Old 01-31-2005, 02:03 PM
RadRacer

NP