TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 06-07-2004, 05:33 AM
TinyRC Pro

Talking How much fun!!??!!

Hi to all,

Wow!

A few weeks ago I ordered a new rolling chassis. I had so many probs with old car, I thought $22 was ok. I went for the Subaru, I used to live in Banbury where the Prodrive World Rally team are based (and Aston Martin Lagonda!!) also have found 1/24th 555 decals for the racing livery. Will post pics soon.

I had almost forgotten the joy of assembling a brand new kit! I took a few days over the building and 'planting of components, bearings etc and made a foam bumper. My receiver must be knackered I have 10' of range anywhere. Now using my 2 channel Futaba from my 1/10th days (HUGE) but range is superb.

QUESTION: Anyone recommend a compatible small receiver??

As for driving, I had also almost forgotten how much fun this car could be! I now run outside in our private car park area, this is only achievable on O/l tyres. This car is really quick on 6 cells but the extra mass and raised cg will make it roll now and then. Will be following tips on o/l tyre mounting. Have had some reallly quick runs so far though!!

QUESTION: Any advice on high speed stability?

Next I will be closley following pics on xmod suspension mod, anyone want to sell me a spare set of shocks? (R.S. hard to get in UK) IMO this would be the holy grail, 4 independant oil shocks and shaft 4WD!

Will post pics on my car etc.

I love this car, it is perfect. Fast, very agile and fits in my pocket!
vented bearing can
O/l tyres
Old 06-08-2004, 06:12 AM
Got Cheese?

Hi Ted!
Good to hear you're having so much fun! Is that Radio Fm or AM? I have yet to find a receiver that fits perfectly into the tiny space where the stock Rx is situated. The smallest receivers I have come across are the Airtronics Super Micro receiver (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXFTC5**&P=7 ), and the
Hitec 2-Channel BEC Receiver 27MHz AM
(http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN510&P=7)
Look to spend about $30, ( £20 STG) ...

I De-cased & Heatshrunk (sp?) the Airtronics unit, and I have mounted it over the motor on a plastic plate with servo tape... Works Great! Best of Luck.
Cian
Old 06-10-2004, 08:01 AM
TinyRC Pro

Thanks Cian for the rx suggestions, I shall investigate.

I mounted the o/l tyres initialy with half a stock tyre widthwise as an insert, althought this worked it was a little weighty and left no gap between the stock tyre and the new one. I replaced the strips of tyre with small rubber bands, which work well. They leave a slight gap and as a result are squigier than the other setup which helps with handling, previously unless driving on glass it bounced around something cronic. This is a lot smoother and quieter and keeps the tyres on just as well, highly recomended mod.

Anyone know of a mail order site for Radio Shack? I need one that will deliver to the UK. If it is reasonable I will get the XMOD shock set.

Next: More torque!

Has anyone tried shimming the mags to reduce the airgap between arm and mag?

What about using an oversize commutator?

Any other ideas for increasing torque from the motor?

Also what ideas/experiences have you guys had with the chasis flex? Strutbrace?

Cheers guys

Ted
vented bearing can
O/l tyres