TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Mr. Goop

Send a message via Yahoo to Spanky
Subaru Rally Team USA - Video

video is of a start of a stage in a rally that took place this past weekend. i have other vids and tons of pics. i plan on making my clear wrx body to match this car...

Subaru Rally car launching in the mud.

I just love the sound of these cars!
Old 05-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Rice Me

Send a message via ICQ to nrmcj Send a message via AIM to nrmcj
mmmmmm turbo... **gurgle** ...

gotta love those crazy sounding engines...
Old 05-07-2003, 10:04 PM
TinyRC Pro

That sounds sweet!!! I'm expecting my Subaru rally decals from eBay any day now.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Mr. Goop

yea i was thinking about getting those too.. however im going to make some decals accurate to the subaru usa cars. complete with numberplate, flags, and hopefully driver names on the windows... i was in the service area befor the rally started and got some good shots of all the decals, on the cars.. time to fire up photoshop and illustrator and get making some SCCA SRT-USA decal kits...
Old 05-08-2003, 03:04 AM
TinyRC Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
yea i was thinking about getting those too.. however im going to make some decals accurate to the subaru usa cars. complete with numberplate, flags, and hopefully driver names on the windows... i was in the service area befor the rally started and got some good shots of all the decals, on the cars.. time to fire up photoshop and illustrator and get making some SCCA SRT-USA decal kits...
LMK how it turns out. Maybe you'll have an extra set or two left over.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Mr. Goop

when your up close you cant hear the turbo at all. im shocked that the camera picked that up.. even so. they had a lot of drag cars too... i think i posted pics of the 800hp world record holding wrx somewhere in here... anyway the turbo on the rally car sounds completely different. but then again... with well over a couple hundred thousand dollars in those rally cars they are gonna sound awesome!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 11:57 AM
Mr. Goop

ok, i have posted the albums of photos from the rally.. the weather sucked so i didnt get to bust out the digi cam as much as i wanted.. so i bought some disposable cams. if they got wet and destroyed, so what.. it was only 7 bucks...

http://tonyspics.home.attbi.com/rally/rallyphotos.html

and

http://turb00.home.attbi.com/rally/rallypics.html
Old 05-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Fear the 1's and 0's

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanky
when your up close you cant hear the turbo at all. im shocked that the camera picked that up.. even so. they had a lot of drag cars too... i think i posted pics of the 800hp world record holding wrx somewhere in here... anyway the turbo on the rally car sounds completely different. but then again... with well over a couple hundred thousand dollars in those rally cars they are gonna sound awesome!!!
The most horsepower ever put in a "rally" car was a pikes peak car. Which is really not a rally but a mountain pass race, both up and downhill. The car was/is the Suzuki Escudo(producing almost 1000 horsepower).

The new 2003 "WRX" Impreza is spec'ed to only make 300bhp.

The group of cars that the Impreza runs in is the A8, which limits all horsepower to 300bhp +/- a few.

I dream of a day when schools receive enough money and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Mr. Goop

true with the new impreza. that class A8 (FIA classification) also , if i remember correctly, limits turbocharged engine displacment to 2.0 liters. which puts the new STi over the limit. this is why you dont see the rally cars with the 2.5 liter sti engine. There are other classes that the 2.5 engine can be run in. but its not group A. Rallying in the states does not go by FIA classifications. although there are simmilar classifications. Most of the big name race teams race in the Open class, which basically means the body has a stock appearance. but under the hood anything goes... In 2000 the scca adopted new classes the almost mimic the FIA. but there are still some differences..

as far as horsepower goes. the group B rally cars were the monsters. many of them with 500+hp, for instance the Lancia delta. This car could accelerate from 0-100 kp/h in 2.3 seconds on gravel!!!! but when you have a turbo and a supercharger on the same car.... WOW... you had the supercharger for low end power and the turbo for high end power..