TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-09-2003, 05:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to vinnyg
ultimate rally car. would you want it?

hey guys, i have been thinking about making the ulitmate bit rally car with 4 wheel independent suspension and 4 wheel drive. i have it all drawn out on paper, I just need to get the right parts and make it come alive. so who would be interested in buying something like this if i could actually make it work. and is 4wd worth it, or should i just scrap the 4wd idea? alright, thanks for reading my crazy idea. vinny
Old 11-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Confirmed: Lost In Fog

i had this ifea before too, exept using zz's because more space to put drive shaft, diff, etc, but i sent the idea to rs asking them to develope
Old 11-09-2003, 07:34 PM
TinyRC fool!

id like to see how you're gonna do this. If it could be made light enough, it'd be a very good idea.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:46 AM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

It's not a crazy idea it's just a difficult one.I have thought about doing some thing like this myself.

I'd just like to see it, I wouldnt buy one untill I try to make one myself and failed at it.

4wd would be nice but why not just start off with 2wd and go from there and if that works do a 4wd one or convert the 2wd to 4wd.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:16 PM

Quote:
diff
Hi there!

Where would you get such a small diff from? Is it true that the Yokomo "Puchi Mru" have a diff? I never saw a photo of this part but would love to. I would need some kind of smallest diff for my new race-chassis ...

4WD is not that easy - I allready tried. But you need "dogbones" (are they really called like this?) and I couldn't make my own (working ones) this small. But I'll keep on trying - there are several TTTT's where the all-wheel-drive (up to 8 wheels!) allready works.

Greeting from Germany!
Old 11-10-2003, 08:19 PM

janniz, i am pretty sure that those cars do not have diffs. at this size, i think a diff is a waste and has not much effect.
I was thinking about trying 2wd first and then work from there. everything has to be so small its rediculous!
Old 11-11-2003, 04:53 PM
TinyRC fool!

will this be made of a bit chassis or something different?
Old 11-11-2003, 06:02 PM

its a custom chassis that i have already made out of flat plastic. the wheel base i have now i a bit longer than a zip zap. its hard now, and it would be really hard to get everything to in there and have the same wheel base as a zip zap. I need to find very small and stiff plastic rods to make the a-arms. i am going to use a microsizer pro reciever so i have a boost button. i am going to make it easy to change the motor but not the gears(with dual cells and mosfets the stock gears will be good for everything) also i will order the suspension springs from questformaddness and use those, hopefully with adjustable spring mounting points.
the only problem with the microsizers is that the front wheels are smaller than the back. i wanted big front wheels. they will make it easier to mount the a-arms. sorry for the long post guys, but i really want to make this thing. vinny
Old 11-12-2003, 04:02 PM
AA member

Send a message via ICQ to strakka Send a message via AIM to strakka Send a message via Yahoo to strakka
puchi marus have diffs.. just theyre really crappy.... and dont work well... but the fact that there are diffs at this size is cool...
Old 11-12-2003, 08:18 PM

oops, sorry about that. should have read before i typed.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Tiny RC Pro

Cool! please make it!
Old 11-13-2003, 05:54 PM

Quote:
puchi marus have diffs.. just theyre really crappy.... and dont work well... but the fact that there are diffs at this size is cool...
Thank you! Thats what I wanted to know. I think I'll order one or two "Marus" now (christmas is comming...) and see if I can use the diff. Where can I get those at a good price?

Greetings from Germany!
Old 11-26-2003, 06:56 PM
AA member

Send a message via ICQ to strakka Send a message via AIM to strakka Send a message via Yahoo to strakka
janniz - the company that made the maru has discontinued them, so it might be difficult for you to find them. i am looking for another maru too.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Acura RSX

If you can actually pull this off, I may be interested.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:45 AM

g'day vinny. i like your idea, wondering how it's coming along. if you're interested, my speciality is custom offroad and suspension bits, and i got a site with tutorials that might help you out.

http://geocities.com/bettyk3332003/