TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 12-02-2003, 07:57 PM
duwain

i returned 1 supra and got another one and it works great.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:31 PM
TinyRC Pro

well the first one i returned was probaly ok but my batts where cheap ones from rs so i dont know
Old 12-05-2003, 06:21 AM
Acura RSX

Quote:
Originally posted by aperson
now my local RS doesnt want to deal with me unless i'm buying something. and if i walk in with another XMOD theyll just turn me away.
Try returning it to another radioshack. I think in the manual or something says that you can return items at any radioshack.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

i got 3 others i can get to on the weekends if i absolutely have to go, but my parents wont let me return it anymore so im stuck fixing and resoldering every single wire in the freaking thing until i can order some electronics.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 12-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Supin Supras?!

Send a message via AIM to xzipensco
skyline

i have to return my skyline. i think i fried somethin. and i have a working supra.

Red supra
stage 2 drag motor
blue shocks all the way around
headlights and tail lights
awd kit
ball bearing bushings
carbon fiber center shaft
wild body kit
rims
rechargable batteries

soon to come:
custom decals
Old 12-05-2003, 10:22 PM
tiny rc master

LUCKY ME

i now have skyline,rsx,civic(black),supra(white),
and all of them have worked perfect from the start
Old 12-06-2003, 12:46 AM

The question is why? What made you take them back. If readers don't know why you took it back then we can't help diagnose the common problems with them. I don't work for RS and personally I wish I would have never bought two cars. I have also returned two cars both for the same reasons. I returned first a skyline then an RSX both cars had the same problem. The car would be sitting there off and smoke would come right out of the crystal. The smoke smelled strong and hurt my lungs. I want to know if anyone else had this problem. The guy at the rs here said this was the last time. I think it's BS. The cars are too much of a hassle compared to mini-z's to go and buy replacements.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:12 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
you will never hear about smoking z's unless you've done something you shouldn't have....it oges back to the quaility issue.

sorry to hear you guys are having problems though. i know it's frustrating to buy something and have it not work or break due to a lack of quality control.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:33 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

it probably wasnt a crystal that fried it was most likely a resistor. the same thing happend to me read my thread "Extended Range?" for a fix

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 01-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Sup Dude

Send a message via AIM to rplpt
Quote:
Originally posted by RSXRacer001
does anyone know how good the RSX's are? im getting one for christmas but i want to know how good they are so i could tell my mom to take it back. any information would be nice.

The RSX's are very good. I have a RSX and a Skyline.

My Skyline is currently fried..!!!!!..
Old 01-04-2004, 11:23 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to RGM1524
I had a supra that worked excelent before I fried it. Then I got a RSX which will be going back soon, crappy range.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:50 AM

Returning Thee X-mod.....

Howdy,
I have a Skyline and I have never had a problem with it. I have had it a few months now with no probs. I don't understand why people are having all the problems they are. I'm an electronics tech so maybe I'm a little more careful then some others or maybe I just got lucky and got a good one. But I don't think the problems are car specific. The chassis are all the same. They are made on the same line just assembled in a different configuration. My friend also has a Supra and has had no problems with it either. Like I said who knows. Maybe we got lucky. Oh well. I wish you all luck at getting your cars fixed or returned. Later

Easymoney
AWD, All RS Hop Ups, Tiny RC bearings
1965 Blue Ford Mustang:
RWD, All RS Hop Ups
2004 Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi:
AWD, All RS Hop Ups
2005 Blue Ford F-150:
Lifted 4x4, All RS Hop Ups
Old 01-04-2004, 12:19 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to RGM1524
yea, I agree. I don't think that it has anything to do with the body style. Since the guts are all the same... accept some have a shorter drive shaft then others. (I know that the RSX does.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:29 PM

I've had two cars and both are broken, but modded to much to return, so I think i'm just gonna sell all the junk I have for $40 or something on ebay. The total spent on all of it is well over $300, but it's not in perfect condition anymore If anyone's interested, here's the list of stuff I'd be selling (all in one package)...

-2 xmod chassis & bodies (red and white supra)
-1 mini-z chassis (red RX-7)
(both red bodies are pretty beat up, white one is fine except for a large hole drilled in the hood for antenna mod; also, the xmod and mini-z bodies aren't interchangalbe without some modification)
-a few stage 2 motors that may or may not work and I can't check them, but I know at least 2 or 3 work
-mini-4WD speed checker/dyno type thing (works fine)
-Mini-z chassis
-bunch of wheels and tires and locknuts and stuff, also 4 blue anodized locknuts and 4 all-copper locknuts
-mini-z TX
-2 xmod TX's, only 1 antenna though
(all TX's work perfectly)
-XMOD toolset (small hand drill broke but large one still works)
-Just random odds and ends that will come in handy at some point

if I put it up for sale, it probably won't be for a few weeks, but I'd like to know if there is any interest in something like this? Thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 10:57 PM

I returned my first Skyline and got a RSX b/c they didn't have anymore Skylines. I shorted it out while trying to do a 5th cell mod.

The next day, less than 24hrs, I returned the RSX. It was a terrible car, not my fault.

The next RSX is my racecar...6 cells and still going strong! I flipped it about 100 times. No joke. It runs better than new!

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD

Last edited by newbitowner; 01-26-2004 at 11:03 PM.