TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > Tracks

Old 12-05-2004, 02:25 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Track idea, comments wanted

I'm planning on building my first racing track for my 1:64 micro cars. I'm planning to make it on a MDF board, I'm not sure yet about all of the construction ideas, I'm still in the designing phase.

I've seen a lot of tracks and designs on the net, but don't like the fact that most of these tracks have only one way of going around the track. So I designed one of my own that can be modified (with pylons and stuff) to have the possibility to have different circuits on the same track.

I have attached a gif of my design. The beige part of the track will become some kind of off-road part (possibly some drops of candle wax to make the cars loose control). I have tried to add all kinds of parts that could make the track hard to go around (differing curves, 180degree turn, straight parts, an S-curve, pile-up intersections, ...). The image also shows three possible tracks, that would each require specific car settings and would allow me to train different skills of driving. Because of the many intersections, more alternative circuits around the track are perfectly possible. The width of the roads is to be 20 centimeters, or 8 inches.

Has anybody tried a similar design of a track that allows different ways of going around the track? Are there maybe any other tips or comments on my current design?

MoobY,-
Attached Images
File Type: gif track.gif (37.3 KB, 75 views)
Old 12-05-2004, 08:06 PM
I KNOW NOTHING!!!

That looks good.

All I have is a 4x8 sheet of particle board with a 1x4 border around the edge and it is painted dark slate gray with grit in the paint for traction.
I have several zipzap/microsizer track layout packs to set up almost any track layout I could want.I havnt used it in almost a year since no one around here wants to race.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:21 PM
TinyRC Newbie

I like the idea of combining on and off road tracks,it's kind of like super motard or rally racing.I was planning to do something similar when I rebuild my track this winter.
Right now my course is set up on a 4'x 18' plywood table covered with brown paper and 1 inch high cardboard barriers with lotsa turns and a big jump.
I also have no one to race with most of the time so I got a microsizers timer.Now I can compete against my own best times and also see if mods are paying off.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:01 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Evolved track

The track design evolved a bit over the past few days, it now also includes a bridge and a narrow connecting road. I'll have to experiment with the bridge in order for the cars to be able to climb it (maybe someone has experiences with bridges they want to share).

The design will probably be stowed away for some time before I start building anything, as I'm quite busy now. I might change the design later on, maybe I'll include some kind of a pit somewhere.

You can find the newer design at http://anthony.liekens.net/track.pdf, it's a PDF at scale 1:5 (I'm working in centimeters).