TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-17-2007, 07:45 PM

Parts interchange?

Anyone know if the RC18 batteries, and bumpers fit on the Propulse? Also if any of their other part interchange (motors, suspension, etc.)
Old 06-20-2007, 09:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to BilboBaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rody View Post
Anyone know if the RC18 batteries, and bumpers fit on the Propulse? Also if any of their other part interchange (motors, suspension, etc.)
Motor: Yes

Front Bumper: No

A-Arms: Yes, but will have to replace hinge pins.

Hubs: Yes, but will have to replace hinge pins as may also have to replace axle and dog bone.

Tie-Rods: Probably, but you can get Titanium ones from Rat Shack for $19.99.

Axles, Dog-Bones, and CVD: Yes but some modifying might be needed.

Wheels and Tires: Yes (Mini-T rears will work all around also.)

Differentials: Yes.

Shock Towers: NO, but I'm thinking of making one out of Carbon Fiber with the top being RC18 and the bottom screw holes being Pro-Pulse

Body: Some, the problem I see is with the Pro-Pulses rear body mounts, for the truck they are further apart. So the mounts would be in the area of the shock towers on the body. I'm pretty sure Pro-Lines Hummer SUT for the Mini-T will fit with no problems but the stadium trucks you may have to mod your rear body mounts on the tower. For the buggy you would have to relocate your electronics to put the Associated Buggy Body on it, but looking at pictures of the Jconcepts Illusion buggy body it may fit without the relocation of the electronics.

I've just started fiddling with my Pro-Pulse (PRO-T100) by relocating the electronics (speed control now on main chassis not the brace) and shortening wires and replacing the connectors with Deans Ultra Connectors. Also put in a 3racing Antenna tube holder.

I have the Hummer SUT body sitting at home, it was going to go on the Mini-T but I'm going to see how it looks on the Pro-Pulse first. I'm also thinking of getting the RPM A-Arms for the RC18T for it next, MIP Diff and CVD's in the future.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:07 PM

Your car is looking really nice. I like how you relocated the esc. I've also done some playing around with my pro-pulse. So far, I've added the titanium turnbuckles, deans ultra plugs, and went brushless. I installed a Wraith brushless motor with a Quark esc. I ended up mounting the esc with velcro so that I can remove it to program.

I also just ordered the aluminum shocks, and a Lipo battery. It's already crazy fast now, but I want to see how she'll do with the Lipo. I also have some better batteries now that give more punch and runtime. I'm getting the car ready for dirt track racing at a local track, so an oval track body is on order as well. I'll probably need to get some posts to mount it up.

I'm having a blast with this car.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:45 PM

I installed RS titanium turnbuckles last night. I also put the front shock in the lower mounts on the tower. The instructions say to put them on the lower position on the front mount but were installed on the upper (rear) mounts on the tower (yes, the front and rear towers are the same.)

Plus I mounted ProLine's Hummer SUT body for the Mini-T on it. The bodies wheelbase isn't exact, but close enough to fiddle with. I'll be painting it hopefully this weekend, just need to mask out a decent scheme.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:42 PM

I got the aluminum shocks and mounted them also. I tried mounting them on the top of the shock tower, but that lowered the chassis too much for me. Even when I mounted them in the lowe positions, the chassis was lowered. I adjusted the shocks to their highest position, but the chassis was still lowered.

I haven't driven the car since then, but I may put the stock shocks back on. I like a little more clearance. I'll wait until I see what it's like on the road. I guess I won't jump this as much anymore.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:43 PM

I like mine a little lowered. But I run on a carpet track and back alleys, not too many jumps (a few pot holes ).
Old 01-23-2008, 03:23 AM

how do you make the dog bones fit? because i was at my hobby shop and the guy said i would have to modify it but how? i know there a little bit short? so yea
Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 PM

Dog bones aren't too short(springs help with that) esp. if your camber is in tight, but the knuckes are a bit fat on them, so you need new cups, or shaving the dogbones down that way. Fits otherwise, but quite tight(I got a pair to check for when I break mine, not in production yet)
Old 02-24-2008, 11:13 PM

thank you yea the guy said they were to small or short and wouldnt fit so ill go tomorrow and pick sum up