TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS Gallery

Old 12-27-2003, 05:31 PM
TinyRC Pro

Custom Car Gallery (not xmod stock bodies)

It'd be cool if we could make this a sticky.

But here's one i did today.. from painting to making custom tabs. Basically this is the RSX chassis w/ a Mini-Z subaru body. I made an extension to the tab (via screws) w/ extra plastic pieces from my E-maxx skid plate. I can revert back to my rsx body at any time. Only thing left for me to do is put the light kit.. that's tonight. =) hope u guys like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_5967.jpg (116.1 KB, 401 views)
Old 12-27-2003, 05:32 PM
TinyRC Pro

#2 pic

Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_5968.jpg (147.8 KB, 387 views)
Old 12-27-2003, 05:32 PM
TinyRC Pro

numero tres
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_5970.jpg (133.4 KB, 376 views)
Old 12-27-2003, 05:33 PM
TinyRC Pro

Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_5975.jpg (101.5 KB, 364 views)

Last edited by powerhungry; 12-27-2003 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:34 PM
TinyRC Pro

Mach Go go go

Mach 5 Go GO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_5973.jpg (137.5 KB, 358 views)
Old 12-27-2003, 05:35 PM
TinyRC Pro

okay only a couple more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_5974.jpg (112.6 KB, 348 views)
Old 12-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Import Racer

Nice setup looks good and clean
Old 12-28-2003, 06:38 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Nice car there. I just got my XMod running the day after Christmas and sadly was far from home where I could mess with it, much less drive it stock.

I took out a few models and started tinkering tonight.. the pictures are HORRIBLE since I used a semi-portable webcam type of thing (real digital cam is charging so I'll take pics later when the car looks worthwhile of pics anyway)

I decided on starting with the Porsche bodies I had. I have a 911 Carrera (not pictured) thats going to take a bit of work and the 928 that I actually broke in half and have been screwing with putting it together all night. Finally got it together and set on the car.. only thing left is to assemble the rest of the car as I would like it, sand down some spots, and paint

Oh.. in my Porsche collection I also have a 914-6 Roadster that I will be wanting to attack as soon as my real car is back from the shop.. need a few things to get that one how I'd like it

Why I still bother to use this camera I don't know...

Oops I knocked the exhaust off again before letting it dry

Didn't clamp down the rear

I must agree to a few comments I have read before on here. Mounting a custom model body on these things is the least of your worries. Clearance for the height of the car seems to be the only problem I've had with the 7 cars I have here in total.

Also a note for anyone looking to do something with a custom body. I haven't personally gone through many threads on here about it all since I like to experiment on my own first before looking directly for help and whatnot. But if you are worried about buying a body that will fit, or if you are looking for a 1/24 or 1/25 scale body that won't take much work to get the wheel base aligned... there is a note on the boxes of each model (except AMT kits apparently, the two I have don't have this) that quite simply states the car's length in centimeters. It seems that each car I have in the 16-17cm or so seems to take little work to get the alignment setup.. then its on to clearance and mounting.

Example: My 914-6 is 16cm and it fits perfect as if it came on the car. The 928 was 17.8cm and required a bit of modifying to get right. On the other hand my 911 is barely over 17cm and took just a tiny bit of work. My Mustang is about 18.5cm and without chopping the body - there is no way I'm going to make it look natural when trying to make that one work.

Now since most models are meant to replicate the exact dimensions to scale of each car, you can't be EXACT in deciding on length by centimeters since the wheel wells will be based upon the actual car chassis (meaning two cars that are 16cm may be quite different depending on the car). But it is still a good point in the right direction so you don't buy something way too big and get upset afterward with it.

All of this information may be old news, useless, or whatever.. but I found it helpful in planning my next bodies. (Yes I'm already planning for more.. I figure I can do 3 or 4 at a time while I let things dry from glue and paint and my own personal issues of not deciding which I like most so I hop from one to another)
Old 12-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Do you getto dremel?

i have a 68 vette convertable that is 19cm and it fits and the rear wheel wells are only about 5mm off but thats nothing sanding cant fix. this thing is gona be sweet! i agree wiht breezer mounting is the least of your worrys unless the body is way to narrow like the Opel GT i tryed last night i used to be a model that i made into a drag car with a blown big block but the thing fell off the shelf
Old 01-26-2004, 09:29 PM
mini-eX-Driver

Send a message via ICQ to 3series takumi Send a message via AIM to 3series takumi Send a message via Yahoo to 3series takumi
can you post a pic of your mounts?

novak xxl receiver
lrp quantum micro esc
hpi micro mod
5 2/3a zapped cells
novak 10v 4700u power cap
xmod suspension
xmod wheels and tire upgrade