TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-02-2004, 09:14 AM
TinyRC Pro

I can't find any either - sorry.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Real Cars Suck

I took a chance and emailed Yokomo about if they knew of any dealers that might still have any. That or if they had any refurbished from returns..

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Yokomo. Stormer and ehobbies were the only dealers I knew of that had any inventory of Puchi Maru cars. We haven't had any since last summer. Occasionally we get inquiries regarding them but I don't know of any still being available anywhere.
Darn, Darn, and double darn!
Old 01-14-2004, 04:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

Try here:

<http://www.speedzoneusa.com/rc/carkits.htm>

$84.95 plus about $10 shipping (US dealer, too).

Lets you add it to the cart, so I assume they still have at least one.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Real Cars Suck

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately at least for me thats too much. I realize that is still a little less than they were actually going for initially, but I was hoping for the clearance sales.

For those interested though, they have a note up front on the site that they are shipping for 7.95 for a limited time all r/c kits. Also, I have gone ahead and sent them a note to verify they still actually have those kits, and if they can give idea of some quantity they have left.

Last edited by potentiality; 01-15-2004 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:00 AM
TinyRC Pro

Thanks - let us know what they say.

Seems to me there would be a lot of used ones around. I just need one or two for the innards!
Old 01-18-2004, 11:41 PM

we have two Puchis that we no longer use. One is taken apart because I tried to fix the stuttering and the 2nd one works but the steering stutters at time. One of the charger plugs is also broken. If you want you can have both for less than half of what we paid ($80 for both) as is. Let me know, as we haven't used these things for a year and they are sitting in a box. --Lorne
Old 01-19-2004, 12:20 AM
TinyRC Pro

I might take you up on that, but only if Potentiality doesn't want them. I already have two, so I am ok for now.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:55 PM
AA member

Send a message via ICQ to strakka Send a message via AIM to strakka Send a message via Yahoo to strakka
dgilpin, if potentially doesnt want them how about i take one you take one? i really want one to hack....
Old 01-19-2004, 09:31 PM
TinyRC Pro

strakka,

Sounds good to me!
Old 01-20-2004, 03:02 AM
Real Cars Suck

Ugh! $80 is a little (little? Ha!) much for me. Go grab them you two!

(BTW, I tried contacting that dealer, and have yet to get a response)
Old 01-20-2004, 07:50 AM
TinyRC Pro

pot,

There is a guy on another forum that says he picked up a new one at his LHS for $40. I have never seen one that cheap before. I asked for a name, number, or web site but have not heard back yet. I'll post it here if I find out. But $40 is as good as you'll probably get. This isn't just a Bit clone you know!

strakka,

Looks like we might be out $40 or so!

lorne,

How do you want to handle this? PayPal maybe?

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:46 AM

..yes, I have paypal. email me at lecherry@rogers,com if you are interested so we can take this off-thread. If someone takes both cars ($80 as is) I'll throw in the shipping. -Lorne
Old 01-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Real Cars Suck

Quote:
picked up a new one at his LHS for $40. I have never seen one that cheap before. I asked for a name, number, or web site but have not heard back yet. I'll post it here if I find out. But $40 is as good as you'll
I know, I know (the price point). If you can share that info (if he responds), I think I will call them to at least find out more details.

I guess another thing about the puchi is I have High quality JR FM radio. So I would be interested in attempting to use it instead (maybe less glitching?).
Old 01-20-2004, 02:52 PM
AA member

Send a message via ICQ to strakka Send a message via AIM to strakka Send a message via Yahoo to strakka
i think the glitching happens when hair gets stuck in the gear box... atleast in my experience thats what its been ....

dgilpin, so $40 each? should i be mailing the money to you or to lornecherry? in anycase i wont be able to mail the money out until next monday....
Old 01-20-2004, 03:06 PM
TinyRC Pro

The jittering did not seem to affect performance, though. It just did a little song and dance when sitting idle. I don't know if it is the transmitter or not - could be.