TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-13-2009, 07:27 PM

RealTracks 24" wide dNaNo track update

We have been getting a lot of emails asking when the 24” wide dNaNo and Mini Z track will be out. We finally ran the pre-production units last week, but we were unhappy with the appearance of the lane marking lines. We originally decided to use the same .1875” wide lane markers as used on our 16” wide track. With the 16” wide track the lines are a scale 8” wide in 1/43rd, , and a scale 5 ¼” wide in 1/28th. This has the right look when used on the 16” wide track which is a scale 57 feet wide. Unfortunately it just did not look right with the wide track. The reason is that the 24” wide track is now a scale 86 feet wide which is closer to a 1/20th scale track. So we scraped most of the fixtures and fabricated new ones that now give us .3125” wide lines. Splitting the difference between 1/43rd and 1/28th the new lane markers give us a scale 11” wide stripe at 1/35th scale. It is slightly oversize but is scale to the track width and most importantly, it has the right look. We will be running pre-production units tomorrow and get some pics up ASAP. We know .125” width in a stripe does not seem like much, but it does matter to us.

Thanks,
Miles
RealTracks RC Racing Systems
http://realtracksonline.com

Last edited by RealTracks; 05-13-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
thanks for the update. please let me know when you have formal product listings available as i would like to document your products here
Old 05-14-2009, 06:29 PM

Wide dNaNo track product listings

Thanks Arch,
We have been selling the 16" wide track for almost a year now and it is fully documented. We should have the spec. and copy sheets for the 24" wide track soon. Please email me at sales@realtracksonline.com and let me know the format you would like it in.

Thanks Again
Old 05-14-2009, 07:32 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

thanks, i sent you an emial.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 PM

After several delays and changes the 24" wide dNaNo and Mini Z tracks are ready. The pictures are the first pre-production units used to verify the tooling and fixtures. The 16" wide track is shown for comparison. After a few tweaks we should be rolling by Monday and have the first TrackPacks shipped by Wednesday. We still like the Epochs better on the 16" track, but if you have the room the 24" wide track lets you use more of the dNaNo’s performance, and of course the Mini Z’s perform equally well on the wide track. We think the new 1/32nd HPI will be perfect for the wide track and can’t wait to get our hands on them. All of the 24" wide track sections have the guardrail lugs. Those that have not pre-ordered by email will be able to order Track Packs online by Wednesday. We usually ship out within 24 hours but we may be slightly behind on the 24" track for a few weeks.

Thanks for your Patience

Miles

Last edited by RealTracks; 05-18-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:34 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i must say the red/white striping does add to the scale look in a very good way.

here are some comparison pictures i took tonight.

here is a 24" realtracks tile over a mini-96 rcp track. the size is actually very close.

here is a 16" tile over a 24" tile over a 3 tile wide rcp mini-96 track

here is a tile finish comparison with the 24" tile and rough side rcp tile

here are 4 mini-z's on a 24" tile. it's very scale width but too tight for several mini-z's to race competitively unless you have some tight lines.

as you can see here, the dnano fits more than comfortably on the 24" tile. i think you could easily race a couple of dnano's on this.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:00 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i managed to get my 34 track layout setup this morning!

bear with me, i don't yet have the recommended background carpet so it does not appear as nicely as it should.

it should also be noted this is a pre-production test track so there are some faded lane markings, misalignment of some lane markings, etc.

i'm uploading images and video now.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:10 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

here are some pictures....

Old 06-06-2009, 02:14 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i have my track over a tile floor and given the impercise nature of tile installation, there are some spots where uneven tiles create small uneven spots in tile joints

this should disappear as soon as i get the recommended background carpet.

for the most part, nearly all the tile joints look like this. there are some gaps where tiles do not align exactly edge to edge however the surface level is smooth. it may be my tile floor or me not getting the slack out of the track. even with rcp, you need to move it around a bit to get the kinks from assembly out of it. i need to do the same with this.

i feel compelled to confirm my inquires as to the durability of the track. i asked about the durability of the track connections knowing my kids were going to walk on them, ride scooters, etc. as the track is setup in thier game room. i was told the track would hold up to foot traffic and it sure has. you can see in the video's that my youngest cut over the track with a scooter and no problems at all.

Last edited by arch2b; 06-06-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:25 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i keep looking at the new kyosho dnano track and i can't help but notice it looks similar to your tiles. in particular, see the tile sitting on the counter next to the computer....

Old 07-30-2009, 01:54 PM

nice foto,s of the track and all the pieces of the track
i don,t have the space for that kind of track
so what track do you like more the mini 96 or the real track ??
thanks

patrick
Old 07-30-2009, 06:34 PM

Dnano Tracks

What happen to the Kyosho usa tracks?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:57 PM

arch2B,

What kind of track is that in the photo with the laptop and what are the dimensions?

Thanks,
Neil