TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-29-2004, 08:52 PM

cool thanks...

I have three cars that I run outdoors right now and 1 has RS bearings. The other 2 cars w/o metal bearings die much quicker.

I need 2 sets of bearings!

Any word of the THE day?

Quote:
I want sealed bearings damn it! I can only hold out so long before i go with Rs ones.

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD

Last edited by newbitowner; 02-29-2004 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by vtec
yeah I bought some of those sealed bearings off ebay for a little under $17. They only look gold in the picture, they are really silver. Anyway, I've had them in there for a few days now and they work great! The only thing was that since they are a little wider than the stock plastic bushings, it requires some modifying in some areas to get them to fit properly.
From what I understand these are the wrong size, if you want to have to hack your car to pieces, let us know and we'll sell you 14 MZR Dry bearings. Our bearings are being made to our specifications in a factory, unlike this off-the-shelf junk.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:14 AM
not so newbie member

yes, they are slightly wider than the stock bushings like I was saying. But they definitely aren't junk and worth getting if one is interested in sealed bearings.

Now that I've had this set of bearings, I will make notice of one thing. If you get the AWD kit then you will have to replace four of the bearings up front with ones that are of the right thickness. Therefore, if you're not in too much of a hurry, you're probably just better off waiting for the TinyRC bearings.

Although, TinyRC should really not act as a child and call products that aren't making him a profit "junk". Grow up.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Sorry, I didn't mean that they were junk, what I meant to convey is that these are not any kind of special bearings, they are standard-sized bearings, the same size as the ones we already sell for Mini-Zs, but of lower performance. I meant to draw a contrast between our purpose-built XMOD bearings, which are a TRC exclusive, factory-made to our specs, and something that anyone can go to a hobby shop and purchase from loose, consumer-grade, standard-size bearings. As you point out, the kit is not usable w/ 4WD, which is precisely why we are developing a kit that is of the correct size. I certainly didn't mean to offend the seller or any buyers of the product, just looking to protect users who may misinterpret that auction as being some sort of XMOD-specific bearing set that won't require significant hacking in order to work.

Old 03-02-2004, 09:46 AM
not so newbie member

TinyRC, my apologies as well. I misunderstood what you said and took offense by it. Anyway, I'm glad you're developing your bearings because once they are for sale, you will be recieving an order from me. Thank you. :-)
Old 03-02-2004, 03:47 PM
0reZepyT

tiny, any ETA of the bearings or an estimated cost?
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:25 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to RGM1524
yea, I'm starting to get exicted about this. I think one of my current bearings are starting to sieze up... causing a bad right hook. Anyone got any new news?
Old 03-18-2004, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by vtec
TinyRC, my apologies as well. I misunderstood what you said and took offense by it. Anyway, I'm glad you're developing your bearings because once they are for sale, you will be recieving an order from me. Thank you. :-)
Thanks vtec, sorry if my post did not read as intended!

Update: the bearings should be here in just 1-2 weeks now! We've upgraded the shipping to get them here as soon as possible. Tentative pricing:

TinyRC.com Racing Dry Shielded Bearing Set - 14PCS - $27.99/set.
TinyRC.com Enduro UNShielded Bearing Set - 14PCS - $14.99/set.

The Racing Dry Shielded are a unique offering, the world's only properly sized, shielded bearing for the XMOD. This is a specially developed bearing produced for TinyRC.com and no one else. The Enduro UnShielded are indentical to the RadioShack set, though lower in price, but better in quality! We welcome your feedback on pricing, we have made every effort to keep prices as low as possible in order to help as many of our XMODS racers as possible!

Old 03-18-2004, 04:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sky_Liner
I think your prices are good, (I would expect the shielded to be alot more) but thats just my opinion, maybe 25.99 would be better.

Peace,
Old 03-18-2004, 06:55 PM
It's Really Fast!

Sweet!
Old 03-20-2004, 07:01 AM

if the sheilded went for 24/25.99 then i'll try and get some. and with the shielded bearings do you have to clean them or not?
Old 03-21-2004, 05:51 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

one of my bearings blew apart. all of the balls went flying. in the car. all that is left is the inner and outer rings and the cage that was supposed to hold the balls. i need bearings!

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 03-21-2004, 08:53 PM
It's Really Fast!

You should take it back!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:08 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

the bearings? too late. i got them about a week after the XMODS came out. when i get some money im gonna take a trip to rs and get a "rotary switch" its a little resistor knob its got 4 prongs. it is used to adjust the neutral on the speed control. its a traxxas XL-1. it is adjusted via a phillips screwdriver. soldering it on is no problem. would RS have it? i gotta order some other stuff too. (body, bearing, crystal, hardware kit. etc... little stuff)

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 04-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by aperson
one of my bearings blew apart. all of the balls went flying. in the car. all that is left is the inner and outer rings and the cage that was supposed to hold the balls. i need bearings!
aperson, we'll send you one free!

Good news: the bearings are finally on their way after a production delay - should be available any day now!