TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS Parts and Hop-Ups

View Poll Results: should i do Front Wheel Drive mod?
yes 21 48.84%
no 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2004, 11:33 PM
got supra?

should i do Front Wheel Drive mod?

should i do Front Wheel Drive mod? plze vote i just want your .02 cents

thanks
all upgrades[by rs]
Old 01-02-2004, 12:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to Joey
You might as well, it's totally reversible, so you can go back to A- or RWD if you don't like how it turns out.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Jofir
is awd better them fwd or rwd?
if yes is it a lot better?
Old 01-02-2004, 01:53 PM
I really should change my title...

AWD utilizes the power of all four wheels to move the car. Front Wheel Drive pulls the car foward, and RWD pushes it. I would think pulling something might have better speed, better stability....and less drifting. So, FWD would probably be better for torque....I think......

RWD pushes the car, and that will cause tighter turns, well at least for me. It can also be useful for drifting........but, that's just me.

AWD has more traction, a LITTLE less speed, but the loss in speed can easily be remedied with the metal bearings. Correct me if I'm wrong (Don't take this too oppurtunisticly RedRSX ) but I would think AWD may cause a tighter turning radius. It WOULD put out more torque, and have more of an advantage than RWD or FWD in some cases. It might lessen drifting, but it also may help, depending on your style and skills or driving. *Suddenly comes out of trance*

Woah, what did I just say???............

Chuckster...
Old 01-02-2004, 02:47 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Red face don't do it!

I did a FWD conversion to my RSX and I got no type of traction on floors. Carpet wasn't too bad, but on smooth tiled or wooden floors the traction sucks. I tell you what, try it and see for yourself. I tried FWD for a minute and quickly reinstalled the rear differentail gear for AWD.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Joey
The stock rubber tires on the XMODS are really pathetic; the only reason RWD gets any traction is because there's weight back there. FWD cars don't get the same kind of acceleration traction as RWD cars do anyway, but it's especially bad with these thiny RCs. You should put better tires on your car, regardless of drivetrain or what you plan to do with it.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:20 PM
got supra?

thanks for the input
all upgrades[by rs]
Old 01-04-2004, 05:56 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Martlet21
You should put your AWD kit in, then you can loosen the ball dif in the back by about three turns per screw to get the FWD effect. That way you can try all three easily and decide which one better fits your driving style.

XMODS Yellow Skyline GT-R
AWD
Jumbo Tires
Stock everything else
Old 01-05-2004, 12:57 AM
DDR PIMP

Quote:
Originally posted by cell21633
don't do the FWD mod if you're going for performance.
the only reason to do FWD is for realism if your car is originally a FWD ( ie civic or rsx ), but you have a supra, which is an RWD car.

go RWD for performance.
go AWD for handling.

RWD gives you more performance because of inertia. when you punch the gas, inertia forces most of the car's weight to the rear, thus giving RWD cars more traction when accelerating. make sense? this is why most high-performing cars in real life are still RWD.

AWD gives you more handling because you have 4 wheels pulling your car.

also, with FWD, you will tend to have more understeer, the opposite is for RWD.
Good summary.

Thunder Charger
Old 01-07-2004, 05:45 PM
TinyRC Pro

NO, or at least in my opinion, with front wheel drive it will not only push a lot, but my friend tried frontwheel drive and he stripped his front gears.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:20 PM
I really should change my title...

Quote:
Originally posted by Snow
Good summary.
what he said.

Chuckster...
Old 01-26-2004, 07:43 PM

I want FWD for my show Civic.

Do I need an AWD kit? Anyone have one for sale?

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-03-2004, 09:36 AM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Dragonsl815
I like the feel of my skyline with the awd kit installed with the stock rear diff in the back.