TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 10-04-2003, 10:44 PM
ihavebadgas

Drifting

Just so tiny doesn't move this to some other place.....I just wanna show the connection, drifting......the racing style in Initial D, Initial D being the poster child anime for Zip Zaps SE....
Tiny Please don't move this ...........or for that matter, no one move this.....please

Anyway, I just wanted to get you opinion, does anyone think it would be posiible to drift a mkIII supra, not only drift i mean, but drift pretty easily without any trouble, cause it is just a bigger AE86.. right? and if a GT-R can drift, why couldn't a RWD, turbo mkIII Supra right???? Right?????

Please respond, and give suggestions as to what cars you would drift.....which aren't already featured in ID
Old 10-05-2003, 02:08 AM
TinyRC Newbie

The mkIII supra isn't a bigger corolla, it's an entirely different chassis and powerplant. Most of the stuff in Initial D is not realistic to actual drifting, and I'm pretty sure you can't drift an AWD Skyline because it's a pretty heavy car, and the AWD layout doesn't help. 240sx and other light, rear wheel drive cars are good for drifting because they can break their back wheels loose easier.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:24 AM
ihavebadgas

gt-r's can be drifted, look at any site and you will see gt-r's gts's and so on.........and anyway, i was looking on the internet and found supra's are being drifted.............and what i meant by a bigger corolla, was rwd, hatch............................................. i had a whole bunch of other things to say.........but its like 3am and i can't reallly remember anything
Old 10-05-2003, 02:50 AM
TinyRC Newbie

I guess i shouldn't have said can't drift an awd car, but still, it's prolly alot easier to drift in a lightweight rwd car like a rwd corolla or a 240sx. The gt-s was rwd, so I imagine that would drift better than the gt-r, the all wheel drive model. But I guess we can agree that you can't drift a fwd cars like a prelude.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:30 AM
0reZepyT

japanese drifters tend to stay away from supras simply cuz it's heavy and i think the weight distribution wasn't what they wanted (not close to 50/50) or soemthing, i forgot, i kno i read it somewhere about them avoiding the supras. but given enough tuning and skills you can drift just about any car, some much harder than others thus requiring more determination
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:46 AM
ihavebadgas

yeah i figured.........i was just asking cause i am looking to buy a better car ( right now i have a 95 ford taurus se ) which is better for drifting, and since the closest ae86 which is in good condition is something like 500 miles away i am looking into my other options, i guess if all else fails i'll go for some 240sx, but i really wanna drift a car that is....................uh................unique more or less.............if anyone has any suggetions feel free to post them..........................PLEASE
Old 10-05-2003, 02:06 PM
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\

well

I can really drift my 56 bel air. I have in it now the 396 out of a chevelle ss and to much more stuff to name. And i've added a power stearing box.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:54 PM
i like pizza

one of the main reasons for people to drift small cars like 240's and AE86's is because if you make a mistake and crash or anything, parts are going to be way less expensive than with a supra for instance. Oh and by the way, some of the best drifts can come from AWD with all 4 tires spinnin'. yes you can drink any AWD or rear wheel drive car...so yes you can drift your supra.
Wild CharG; stock, the lifting one
White Skyline microsizer; only factory upgrades, for good handling
Old 10-05-2003, 09:40 PM
VuN86

the skyline didn't drift in Initial D it was using "grip driving" and supra's can be drifted i seen a video of a gold supra with like 1000 hp drifting it was smoking like make from the rubber burning but it drifted just stick with an AE86 if u want to learn to drift tho cause it would be eaiser to handle cause it's not that powerful... stock that is muahaha
Old 10-05-2003, 09:59 PM
0reZepyT

yeah, it's true that the skyline was used with grip driving techniques in initial d but that doesn't mean it can't drift in real life. it's just that people rather bump up the power of the RB26DET motor up to 1000 hp and run through japan's highways at 200 mph. oh yeah, some of the lower trims of the skyline only had rear wheel drive so if you see a skyline drifting, make sure it's a GT-R Spec-V cuz i kno for sure that's an AWD version.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:36 AM
I have a beach ball...

Send a message via AIM to Murcielago659
This is gonna get moved, whether you like it or not.

Anyway, a 240SX would be a good idea for a drift car, as would an RX-7. Both are lightweight, relatively plentiful, and somewhat inexpensive. IMO, the RX-7 has a better motor than the 240SX. Beyond that, the cars are almost identical in handling charactaristics.

Whatever you do, DON'T drift on the street like they do in Initial D. I've seen a lot of young kids get themselves killed because they thought they were real drifters. Get yourself a nice RX-7 or 240SX, and take it to an autocross or track day. You'll learn more about driving your car at these events than you would trying to teach yourself on the street. It's safer, more intelligent, and in the long run, cheaper. I say cheaper because if you crash while trying to learn on the street, it can cost a lot more than just money. I know you don't want to hear it, I know I didn't when I was younger, but trust me, this is how you should do it. I've lost a few friends to street racing, so I know a few things about it.

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 *DEAD*
Becoming a donor car for:

'04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Soon to be fetted, li-ioned, and all kinds of other goodies.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:00 PM
0reZepyT

Quote:
Originally posted by Murcielago659
This is gonna get moved, whether you like it or not.

Anyway, a 240SX would be a good idea for a drift car, as would an RX-7. Both are lightweight, relatively plentiful, and somewhat inexpensive. IMO, the RX-7 has a better motor than the 240SX. Beyond that, the cars are almost identical in handling charactaristics.

Whatever you do, DON'T drift on the street like they do in Initial D. I've seen a lot of young kids get themselves killed because they thought they were real drifters. Get yourself a nice RX-7 or 240SX, and take it to an autocross or track day. You'll learn more about driving your car at these events than you would trying to teach yourself on the street. It's safer, more intelligent, and in the long run, cheaper. I say cheaper because if you crash while trying to learn on the street, it can cost a lot more than just money. I know you don't want to hear it, I know I didn't when I was younger, but trust me, this is how you should do it. I've lost a few friends to street racing, so I know a few things about it.
very true, i mean if u drift around a corner, what's there to guarantee people aren't crossing the street at the same time? or a car has stopped and pulled over for whatever reason? or a cop waiting for dangerous drivers to go by? what if u spin out and hit something or someone on the sidewalk?

lately, there have been more and more drifting events where you bring your car and pro drivers there give you tips and show you techniques and they probably have an xcross track setup on a parking lot for you to test what they just taught you.

or spend a few bucks and go on a track and try drifting there. like murc said, it's cheaper on the tracks cuz no amount of money will replace a human life