TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-28-2005, 09:20 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Talking Pic of most of my fleet...

The black R34 in the front is my baby, 22 mph on a RS stage 2 blue with 2 lithiums on stock fets. It has a clear chassis and CF decks with a CF bumper, full GPM aluminum (arms, driveline, towers, knuckles, tie rod). The red supra sports a white stage 2, 2 flat lithiums, a lightened body with cutouts, 1 1/8" foam drag slicks, and will do 26 mph and pop wheelies on command. The white cobwebbed supra sports a 180 with lithiums, AWD, and drift kit. All three of these have full bearings with lights.

The NSX is slated to get a switchblade kit when it's available, and will also receive the full array of GPM parts, as well as lithiums, a handwound 180, and wide foam tires all the way around. I'm not too sure what to do with the other Skylines, but I do know that the 350Z will be on the receiving end of a chassis i am milling out of 6061 aluminum, and will house 3 lithiums, a Super 16 class slot car motor, and v2 board. There's also a VW Mk2 GTI project in the mix, whenever I get the time to make body mounts.

Given enough time, I'll have a little bit more to play with, including an Xmod-based monster with Mini-Z Monster tires and a full custom suspension.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fleet.jpg (115.2 KB, 437 views)
Old 03-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Obsessive Modder

Wow! And I though I had a lot invested in GPM parts. I've only got 1 car (although pieces of 5 other NSXs floating around), with a buttload invested in it, but I just can't fathom going through this effort more than once! (my car currently has swappable harnesses for lith AA and NiMH AAA plus a pluggable turbo...I'll post picks of my wiring system one of these days, as it's very clean, so it can be any and all things with the exception of being an NSX only)
Very cool lineup. Make sure to let us all know how the switchblade works out. I wish he wouldn't do the single-piece setup, as it just asks for alignment problems, but the overall look is terrific. I will say this, though: I plowed head-on into a Mercury Cougar tranny in a garage at full speed with no body, and the CF chassis didn't budge, even though the lock plate got mangled.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Too many XMODS

My fleet

Here is mine...is this forum dead or what?????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fleet3.jpg (50.4 KB, 349 views)

(2) Yellow Skyline GT-R: AWD, AtomicMods 180S motor, Li-Ion, CF driveshaft, suspension, bearings
(2) Black Skyline GT-R: AWD, Stage2 motor, Li-Ion, suspension, bearings
'04 Mustang: AWD, AtomicMods SS130 motor, Li-Ion, suspension, bearings
C5 Corvette: AtomicMods SS130 motor, Li-Ion, suspension, bearings
C5 Corvette: stocker
(3) STi WRX: AWD, CF chassis, AtomicMods SS130, bearings, body kit, Li-Ions coming
Black RSX: AWD, Stage2 motor, suspension, bearings
Silver RSX: stocker
Red Supra: AWD, Stage2 motor, suspension, bearings
Silver Supra: body kit, Li-Ions soon
(2) 350Z: body kit, Li-Ions soon
NSX: body kit, Li-Ions soon
'65 Mustang: body kit, Li-Ions soon
Old 03-21-2005, 06:09 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to GuiltyEnder
rssjib
that's a nice collection I'd be happy to take one off your hands

yeah well anyways I've been working on my xmod I will post it when I'm done
Old 03-21-2005, 08:09 PM
TinyRC Pro

are you broke yet???
Old 03-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Too many XMODS

Broke? Almost! LOL

I want ot get most of them with Li-Ions eventually...I have 4 Li-Ion cars right now...A couple of them I will just leave alone.

The one I am getting ready to work on is the WRX...I have liked those cars for a few years now, and I am happy that RS made one for the XMODS...it truly is a cool little car.

I wouldn't mind RS doing an M3...

(2) Yellow Skyline GT-R: AWD, AtomicMods 180S motor, Li-Ion, CF driveshaft, suspension, bearings
(2) Black Skyline GT-R: AWD, Stage2 motor, Li-Ion, suspension, bearings
'04 Mustang: AWD, AtomicMods SS130 motor, Li-Ion, suspension, bearings
C5 Corvette: AtomicMods SS130 motor, Li-Ion, suspension, bearings
C5 Corvette: stocker
(3) STi WRX: AWD, CF chassis, AtomicMods SS130, bearings, body kit, Li-Ions coming
Black RSX: AWD, Stage2 motor, suspension, bearings
Silver RSX: stocker
Red Supra: AWD, Stage2 motor, suspension, bearings
Silver Supra: body kit, Li-Ions soon
(2) 350Z: body kit, Li-Ions soon
NSX: body kit, Li-Ions soon
'65 Mustang: body kit, Li-Ions soon
Old 03-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Obsessive Modder

I'd probably have XMODS overload if they'd come out with supercar bodies, ala Kyosho. Right now, I'm killing myself getting around to painting my NSX bodies, but if something cooler than that came along, I'd be hard pressed to finish both of them
Old 03-22-2005, 09:07 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by rssjib
I wouldn't mind RS doing an M3...

Get out of my head! I've been dying for the day that I see a good euro car (M-series, GTI or Mini Cooper on the short chassis setting) come over the system. Oh, BTW, I just picked up an STI too I think that it will be the recepient of the same super 16d, 3 lithiums, and full hobby class R/C gear on an aluminum chassis that I am planning for the 350Z - provided I can gain access to a mill.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Obsessive Modder

Chooie: How did the Switchblade turn out? I bought one of the prototypes thinking a) they're cheap enough to where if they don't work for me, no problem, b) they're not electric purple, and c) the alignment problems were all in the top pieces, which I don't use. Turns out the protos aren't lasercut (at least they don't look it), and it is brutally thin. My Zero tex chassis is twice as thick and much sturdier (which I need, because I've bent the hell out of 2 lock plates already, and the tex chassis has zero (HA!) problems with that force.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:59 AM
("\(0.o)/") Rawr!

Send a message via AIM to kasper01001
Chooie, can I get a closeup of that supra?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to initialricerboy
whoa u have a lot
Old 10-23-2005, 12:10 PM
CUSTOM

and now im broke....

i also have a few mini-zs but they're both dead same with my first xmod, but it was RELLY fun beating it up and driving it off the mall's parking garage.same with how my mr-o1 died. the body and the remains of my first xmod are in that tray in the front.
good thing is all the others are STILL in one piece!!

Last edited by CUSTOM; 10-23-2005 at 12:12 PM.