TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-22-2002, 04:02 PM
Destroyer of evil

Tokoros & Race tin: pros/cons?

I think I have it narrowed down as to what my next car(s) will be: either the Tokoros (sp?) and/or an Audley Race Tin. My main reasoning on the Audley is the ability to modify, and the Tokoros are just pretty darn nifty looking. Also, the price is more in my range (I really don't want to spend $90-150 for a toy...actually, my wife doesn't want me to!)

Could anyone out there who owns one or both of these post some pros/cons? I need justification...the feeling that I am making a good decision. Help shore up my confidence! So far everything I've found in the Audley posts is pretty positive, but I need more info!!!

Thank you, and good night.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:57 PM

I have both the Tokoros is the same as a Kyosho Palm Runner so you can use a kyosho palm runner xspeed motor for more speed(check Dinball.com) You can also use mini z bodys on the Tokoros. But the motor and the body and tyres are the only upgrade. I have seen one with a tubo chip in it on ebay. The Audley can be super modified. I bought some relays and a 56Kmh motor for my Auldey and its very fast. You can change everything. check tinracers.com the bodys are not as detailed but the speed is icredible. The Tokoros is a more detailed car. It has better handling and has more quality to it. Audley are cheap and whatever you brake you can get a replacment part and mine has lights in it not sure if they all do. I would get both.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:44 AM
Destroyer of evil

Thanks for your input. I saw all the hop-ups for the Auldey...90 kph motor? That's INSANE! (Can't wait to get one and try it!)

Does your Auldey have the push-button controller or the pistol grip? The one I saw on-line and was going to buy shows a pistol-grip type of controller, which I would prefer.

How fast does that x-speed motor for the Tokoros go?
Old 11-23-2002, 09:10 AM

I have push button controller and not sure about the xspeed motor but from start the Tokoros will dust the Auldey until you add one of those 90Kmh motors. My Auldey just spins in circles because I need to put the wide tyres in the back and maybe add a weight to it. Its undrivable with the skinny wheels
Old 11-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Destroyer of evil

I appreciate all the info.

I would like to get something proportional, like a Mini-Z or an Epoch, but the budget doesn't allow for it. These seem like a logical next progression from the ZZ's and MS's. One step at a time!
Old 11-23-2002, 07:07 PM
www.d1gp.com

Send a message via AIM to MTL
my wish list would include a MiniZ
but ill stick to the auldey and bits.
jerm, is it possible to use the same engines in both racetin and racewin? would be kinda strange if its possible...but kool
if you would use the 90kmh motor in the 1:16 i bet it would be pretty good, because its heavier
Old 11-24-2002, 01:19 PM

tHE Race-win uses a bigger motor. Race tin motors are the same size as mini-z motors. Does anyone know whare I can get a race-win? I can't find one on the net.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:46 PM
www.d1gp.com

you can keep an eye on ebay....but all u mostly see is 1-32
i had asked Dinball about them, and they said they will ONLY carry them once they become really popular in america. ;/

well ...you could get one on toyeast, and carmoworld, but there arent ANY u.s. sites that carry them ..*shrug....
lets just hope Tinyrc can get the ball rolling in america
Old 11-30-2002, 10:11 AM
INTP

re: Race-Win In US

I emailed Tinracers.com and asked them to stock Race-Win 1/16th cars. That was a week ago and I haven't heard anything. My guess is, that if enough people show an interest they may being to stock 1/16th.

It is a fairly large committment from thier part to buy a few cases and ship them here. SHipping is the big cost, unless you're buying in the hundreds of units.

Bigbamboo
Old 11-30-2002, 02:55 PM
www.d1gp.com

hobbyfan.com sells racewins/tins individualy on ebay, they say they will carry them on their site "soon" but its been a while
heres the link to ebay search listings on "auldey"
...they sell a new bunch every week...they are selling alot of race wins at the moment, starting at$0.01 cents!! so anything goes
Old 12-03-2002, 06:10 AM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via Yahoo to e_lm_70
Quote:
Originally posted by steve1970
I appreciate all the info.

I would like to get something proportional, like a Mini-Z or an Epoch, but the budget doesn't allow for it. These seem like a logical next progression from the ZZ's and MS's. One step at a time!
There is a smart solution for it.

Forget Cam/Palm/Sucks digital preistorical technology ... my BitCharG booster has far more advanced controlling then these crappy car (but insane fast cars).

For 45$ you can have a real fast and full proportional RC car. The magic name is "TAIYO RADI-BOOK"

The hip/hop/pop parts are not a lot, but I guess that with some inventivity you can get spare part from other cars. So far they just have two kit for 7$ each, one is motor & bearing, the other is Tyres and suspension.

Nothing can compate for this price ...

PS there is a nice shop in HK D...l that is overpricing both the car and both the kits, so avoid it.
Either you ask to Tiny or IRC if they can provide you for around 45$ or you just try to look for a more onest shop in HK like T....

Hope it helps

e_lm_70

P.S: 9$ Aulday is a good toy for mess around, and I can just guess that a 90km/h toy can give fun, but till for mess around ... so at the end you would like to have a real RC car !
Old 12-04-2002, 01:24 AM

they have Radi-books for $45 at toyeast + shipping. IRC had them but don't carry them anymore. That will be my next car. I was going to get it from IRC but I was busy trying to buy my MIni-z at the time.

Last edited by jerm781; 12-04-2002 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:11 AM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via Yahoo to e_lm_70
Me too, I have just ordered my Radi-Book.

I don't expect nothing extraordinary by this car (I have already some Min-Z Mini-Z F1 and Epochs, etc) but for 45$ is too cheap for don't try it out.
I order the Clasonic, it is looking cool.

I will for sure try out to replace the 4 AA bat with 6 AAA or semething similar, for boost the performance ...
Lot of spare engine and pinion to try as well ...
In additional I will get a FM TX, (I will have soon also the one from Puchi Maru, but who know it could come back usefully have an extra FM TX)

I have seen in Dinbal that the same car cost 20$ more, that is creazy, they also want 20$ fot each kit, while the kit in HLJ just cost 7$ ... these HK shops can have good price as well robbery price, never seen such a crazy price policy in TinyRC shop (BTW com'on guys when will you open a eShop also in Europe, it will speed up and reduce cost for the poor RC european , I till have to find an EU eShop that is not a thief !)

I guess that is the best buy compared with all the digital cars like Auldey or similar ... BTW just seen live a clone of Aulday, the one with two AA in the car, my Epoch (ok 6cell tuned up) has smoke it up, no compare in speed, handling and weight ...

e_lm_70