TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 03-06-2009, 07:56 AM

dnano track possibility

http://realtracksonline.com/id18.html

not sure what the policies is on this but this looks like a great dnano track just order one so I will let you know! not very expensive !
Old 03-07-2009, 07:47 AM

i also noticed these tracks, i think i seen the guy selling on ebay aswell, but after watching the demo vid , it looks to me like its very hard plastic, will this be a good surface ? i thought it may be a bit to slippery , let us know how you get on though, cos its cheap
Old 03-07-2009, 06:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
i saw these 2 while researching "competition"... i'm into aesthetics and his joint looks cheesy to me. plus i'd have 2 agree with sonik, the surface doesn't look smooth enough for dnano
Old 03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
nice concept. the surface looks too hard as mentioned. it appears to be nothing more than molded plastic sheeting with rolled edges for the normal track. i'm not sure how you lock the off the shelf edging material on?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:36 PM

Hey frist time post just recevied a 16inch x 24 pc realtraks race track. What a blast. This track goes together with ease and the dNaNo flat out handles with ease. The locking system is perfect and althought when I first saw it I had similar doutbs, yet all of those doubts flew out the window when I actually tried it. It is in my opion far better as far as using a dNaNo or an Epoch than a RCP any day. I have four RCP tracks and others and this track is by far the most fun I've had yet!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:17 PM

sorry I haven't posted back on this we just had a baby, and I don't have a lot of time to post, or race right now... but I second what MROSS 1 just said! track is great! especial if you have limited space like myself. and you can't beat the price! Miles the guy that runs the company is super cool as well. I will try and right a proper review when I get some time!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator

Congrats popdada - our daughter was just born on March 2nd - have you slept yet?!?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:34 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i look forward to a proper review.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyrc View Post
Congrats popdada - our daughter was just born on March 2nd - have you slept yet?!?
March 10 th for my baby boy! ( we now have one of each, boy and a 7 yr girl ) so I'm done! he sleeps much better than his sister! will go down for around 3 hours at the end of the nigt! congrats toy you man! nothing better! I got the flat track so the family can just walk around it. Miles is sending me a few of the new curves to try out. the other thing with this track is you can set it up out side and if it rains, just wipe it off and it's good to go!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MROSS 1 View Post
Hey frist time post just recevied a 16inch x 24 pc realtraks race track. What a blast. This track goes together with ease and the dNaNo flat out handles with ease. The locking system is perfect and althought when I first saw it I had similar doutbs, yet all of those doubts flew out the window when I actually tried it. It is in my opion far better as far as using a dNaNo or an Epoch than a RCP any day. I have four RCP tracks and others and this track is by far the most fun I've had yet!
My dNaNo is fast and just as fast as my stock mini-z. Are you sure about how it handles on a 14" plastic track. I consider myself a good driver and I need way more room to run such a little and super fast car.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRaja View Post
My dNaNo is fast and just as fast as my stock mini-z. Are you sure about how it handles on a 14" plastic track. I consider myself a good driver and I need way more room to run such a little and super fast car.
flat track is 16 in, I've raced my mini z on it!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdada View Post
flat track is 16 in, I've raced my mini z on it!
Ok 16in, my opinion still not enough room for the dNaNo. You really need to get one to see how quick they are and they need a semi grippy surface like carpet or rubber to handle the high speed turns. I've run the dNaNo on both types of tracks.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:37 PM

Well, I would consider bringing these back, if there was enough interest. (originally designed for Epoch 1/43 a few years back). The lanes can be any width you desire and the whole thing sets up in 5-10 minutes and then you roll it up and tuck it under your arm to take it home.

Regarding lane width, you can greatly reduce the width, if you bank some of the corners (notice the two far corners). Banked corners= more realistic also.

The surface is Ozite racing carpet, with a "grippy" beginner's side and a regular race side. Rails attach with Velcro and can be bent to any shape, making for true corners or a re-creation of famous circuits.

Need of a market of a 100+ or so to make it worthwhile though and to keep the cost reasonable ($199-249) for the 12'x6' you see in the picture.

I need to get three or four Dnano's here to test, and hopefully the lap timer, if I can find one. Please let me know if you know any worldwide source for the Kyosho timer.

What do you guys think? - Lorne

Last edited by lornecherry; 03-19-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Oh! I remember now - is this the one where you can drop the rail on and it magically stands up etc.?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:47 PM

I did not want there to be any confusion between the previous post showing another product that is not RealTracks. Here is the the 42 Piece 8'x12' RealTracks Road Course.
Thanks
Miles
RealTracks RC Racing Systems

42 Piece Track Pack

42 Piece TrackPack ready to stow.

Standard vs FlatTrack

Off the track with FlatTrack

Last edited by RealTracks; 04-27-2009 at 07:09 PM.