TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 06-28-2007, 10:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to BilboBaggins
Bilbo's Pro-Pulse PRO-T100

I've been working on the Pro-Pulse T100 and did some work to the wife's B100 too.

I put on the slick (yeah right slicks, don't make me laugh) tires and used Losi body clips with a 90 degree bend to attach the body.

But it's it's under the body that the changes are apparent.

I relocated the speed control and receiver. I put the speed control between the motor and the servo (in the spot where the saddle part of the battery would go if I was using the dual motor setup.) I added a 3racing mount for the longer antenna tube (Trinity I think.) I also added Deans connectors to the 1400mah battery and the motor, shortening the wires in the process. I also made an adapter so I can charge the deans plugged batteries on my Prophet Plus LCD charger.

The Receiver was moved over to hang off on the battery side of the upper chassis brace.

But I had to notch the battery hold down for easier removal. I reinforced it with a piece of styrene. See the white line on the hold down.

I think the shortened wires neatens up the truck and putting the speed control on the chassis instead of the upper brace should lower the CG.

I didn't take pictures of the wife's buggy but I put a standard HPI mini plug on her battery and ESC so she can use her batteries from her Vendetta and Mini Quake in her Pro-Pulse. The added benefit is that she can charge the batteries on her charger.

Now I'm finally finished with the new body for my little Pro-Pulse, ProLine Hummer SUT for Mini-T.

I had a few problems with it during detailing but it looks OK.

The original plan was to use some old water slide decals I had sitting around but decade old decals didn't stick like I wanted.

The first couple of shots is before I went crazy with the decals.

I mixed a dot of black with the red to make the darker hue. It was intended to use some old decals, Black Flag Insect Repellent. While putting the decals one they didn't want to stay down. I've used these on lexan bodies before and didn't have a problem but after a decade (probably longer) the glue didn't hold. The numbers are from a newer set of decals I had.

So I went through the decal/sticker bag and found something I thought would look good. Raybestos Brakes

But then another problem, the word Raybestos for the hood decal was red. I didn't think it would look good against the darker red. So I pulled out some yellow film (covering for RC airplanes I used on slot cars years ago) and make an oval to be the background of the decal.

Hope you like.

Last edited by BilboBaggins; 06-29-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Nice work Bilbo. Have you noticed any handling improvement from moving the electonics to the pan? How are those slicks? I saw those at RS, and because I do run my PP on asphalt at times, I thought about them. Doesn't really look like slicks though.

I like your Hummer. It looked good without the decals, but they are a nice enhancement. I'm partial to two tones anyway, so I really like what you did.

I had to switch out my brushless set up after my burning incident, because it was too glitchy. So I'm pretty much back to my stock setup (other than aluminium shocks, and titanium turnbuckles). I did throw in a Lipo battery (7.4V 2s), and the runtimes I get are great. I get tired of running it before the battery goes out.

Have you tried the RS high speed motor? Since I took out my brushless, I've been looking for a bit more from the car. It was a blast with brushless, and now it feels like it's missing something. What gearing are you using? Sorry for all the questions, but it's nice to know what's working for others.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rody View Post
Nice work Bilbo. Have you noticed any handling improvement from moving the electonics to the pan? How are those slicks? I saw those at RS, and because I do run my PP on asphalt at times, I thought about them. Doesn't really look like slicks though.
I've only run them on a carpet track but they seem to work better than the Losi Street tires I have on my RC18T. I think RS/Megatech should be ashamed for calling them slicks, they are STREET TIRES.

Quote:
I like your Hummer. It looked good without the decals, but they are a nice enhancement. I'm partial to two tones anyway, so I really like what you did.
I wish the original decals I was going to use would have works (too old and the glue didn't hold.) I did one change to the trucks decals since I posted the pictures, I weeded the yellow around hood decal. It was bothering me since I had to put something down so I see the Raybestos part of the decal.

Quote:
I had to switch out my brushless set up after my burning incident, because it was too glitchy. So I'm pretty much back to my stock setup (other than aluminum shocks, and titanium turnbuckles). I did throw in a Lipo battery (7.4V 2s), and the runtimes I get are great. I get tired of running it before the battery goes out.
I havent switched out the stocks yet, but I did install the titanium turnbuckles. I'm running 1400mah Ni-MH batteries in it with Deans Connectors.

Quote:
Have you tried the RS high speed motor? Since I took out my brushless, I've been looking for a bit more from the car. It was a blast with brushless, and now it feels like it's missing something. What gearing are you using? Sorry for all the questions, but it's nice to know what's working for others.
I have the motor, but haven't installed it yet. I did put the deans connector on it and will probably put the motor in soon. I wan't to get used to it with the stock set up before going faster.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:54 PM

I didn't like the look of the hood decal so I moified it with a hobby knife.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:28 PM

You're hood looks much better. I think that's a keeper.

I ended up buying the high speed motor, and the "slicks" because my tires are starting to go bald, and I figured I'd need new tires soon. I haven't installed them yet though. I'll wait until I run a hole in them, and I just haven't had time to swap motors yet. I still need to play with gearing, but first I think I'll stick with the stock gears, and then experiment, until I find something I'll like.

I miss my brushless though. The high speed runs I was doing up and down my street were soo much fun.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
You're hood looks much better. I think that's a keeper.
Thanks

Quote:
I ended up buying the high speed motor, and the "slicks" because my tires are starting to go bald, and I figured I'd need new tires soon. I haven't installed them yet though. I'll wait until I run a hole in them, and I just haven't had time to swap motors yet. I still need to play with gearing, but first I think I'll stick with the stock gears, and then experiment, until I find something I'll like.
I found out the Driven Productions touring wheel adapters will work on the Pro-Pulse without having to install RC18T stub Axles. They are Delrin and thinner than the aluminium ones I've seen. I test fit some sedan rims on it my wife bought and it looks good on the hummer (would be better it the color matched.) This gives me more tire and compound choices.

Quote:
I miss my brushless though. The high speed runs I was doing up and down my street were soo much fun.
Once you go brushless you never want to go back.