TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-14-2004, 09:02 PM
TinyRC Newbie

HPI and Xmod v.2

http://mini-z-bar.com/

If you go to this page and scroll down you will see that HPI is marketing Xmods overseas.
My two questions are:
1) Has HPI been involved with the development of the Xmod from the beginning?
2) Is HPI planning on releasing a new version of the Xmod anytime soon?
Perhaps somebody can translate that page.

I'm thinking that HPI is teaming up with RadioShack to enter this smaller RC market.
HPI's engineering & reputation in the "real" RC world combined with RadioShack's inexpensive manufacturing & high visibility sounds like a win/win situation. This might put a whole new spin on the next Stop,Drop,and Race Tour.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated and I'm sure someone out there has actual information. I did a search here and didn't find anything.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:11 PM
TinyRC Pro

An HPI Xmod, now that sounds sweet. At first read I would wonder why HPI wouldn't just come up with there own 1/24 scale design but after thinking about Radioshacks marketing power, it does sound like putting these two big names together to build one ultimate ride is a smart idea. Im just curious to see what the price will be. Maybe it will be an Xmod chasis design with HPI electronics and motor upgrades. Is this new car going to be availbable here in the US or just HPI japan?
Old 05-15-2004, 05:14 AM
I make great sandwiches

Send a message via AIM to Shiporu Send a message via Yahoo to Shiporu
HPI

wow!!! that is good to hear. these new HPI xmods must be really cool. and they won't break on as easily That is some sweet news... cannot wait for these to hit the markets here.

now has Tiny Rc parts and schools everyone here!!!
Old 05-16-2004, 09:11 AM
It's Really Fast!

I see no Hpi in text when put into babelfish.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:01 AM
5Zigen

Send a message via AIM to SHIFT_DRIFT
i also see no mentioning of HPI there...

the pics at the Sizuoka Hobby Show say RS all over the XMopd stuff also.\
i noticed the XMods where on HPI's display and HPI's products where right behind the XMods too...

DRIFT my ANTI-rice

Last edited by SHIFT_DRIFT; 05-16-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:12 AM
5Zigen

pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img2282.jpg (26.0 KB, 234 views)

DRIFT my ANTI-rice
Old 05-16-2004, 03:16 PM
5Zigen

yeah and here's the translation.
HPI

The 4WD ミニッツサイズ RC car of RadioShack sells finally formally from HPI!

July sale probably will put out decision, is! The Wireless Telegraphy Act which has become matter of concern there is no problem!

When considering the rate of USD, being cheap, HPI it gains the part more? With (っ) it is the feeling.

In the story of the staff presently still at stage of the circumstances seeing, with reaction circumstance of the user also HPI individual part development

When it is planned, it was thing!

If it can sell, don't you think? it means that the high accuracy of HPI also the part comes out,!

As for position of a vessel's helm insufficiency and when simultaneous travelling failure and the like of ミニッツ due to the difference of the wave cord/code it is recognized, it is thing, but

After all unless this becomes trading, that it cannot put out, we said the original part. You will buy steadily, (laughing)

As for the drift tire for micro RS4 which is sold by the way from HPI being the heat contraction tube, even in XMODS

Also similar development is thought. Well in case of the car weight light XMODS it is being grip is necessary

Perhaps, it becomes カタチ which is different...

You probably will play in any case with the drift! In other words ヒソカ of HPI the intrigue (laughing) it probably will put out, because is, as MINI-Z BAR

In order for everyone who is purchased to be able to play properly, helping we would like you to be able to point,!

DRIFT my ANTI-rice
Old 05-20-2004, 09:54 PM
3D Racer

radioshack does not have its own products. must stuff radioshack sells is built by other companies that sell the rights of the product to radioshack
Old 05-21-2004, 07:32 AM
5Zigen

ahh yeah and HPI now markets XMods in Japan...

DRIFT my ANTI-rice
Old 05-22-2004, 01:27 AM
CJ's Hobbies.net

Send a message via ICQ to cj1267 Send a message via Yahoo to cj1267
There are some larger pictures and mor info HERE.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:45 AM
("\(0.o)/") Rawr!

Send a message via AIM to kasper01001
hopefully HPI would fix the wiring.......
Old 05-26-2004, 10:03 AM
CJ's Hobbies.net

Send a message via ICQ to cj1267 Send a message via Yahoo to cj1267
If HPI is involved in the Xmods I don't understand why they feel so much like a toy. I have ran other HPI products and they seem far superior to the Xmods. There seems to be NO campaison to a Xmod and a HPI Micro RS4 in control or design.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:47 PM
like my dog??

Send a message via AIM to aero528
I have moved on to bigger and better(no offense to anyone) r/c stuff. I have relized that there realy are two classes of r/c products. There is the 'toy' class and the 'hobby' class. No matter what anybody tries or says xmods are still in the 'toy' class. Mini-z's are in the 'hobby' class. This is the main reason that mini zs and xmods can NOT be compared. Most all cars in the 'hobby' class are FAR superior to anything in the 'toy' class. They have a tx and rx that are true digatial proportional. Xmods are not. HPI makes 'hobby' class cars (they are not the best but they are better than some). Radioshack sells 'toy' class cars. I doubt that hpi will make a 'toy' class car. As i said i am not trying to affend anyone, but this is just my experiance in 'hobby' quility r/c. I would recomend to anyone to try some type of hobby quality r/c, you wont regrete it.

EDIT: I have a micro rs4 and they are so much better than xmods, cj. BTW, if you have a mrs4, than come on over to www.tinyrc.com's sister site, www.yourmicro.com, and check us out! Cj, the reason mrs4's are so much better is up there/\.

Aka...aero528

Last edited by aero528; 06-01-2004 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:54 AM
("\(0.o)/") Rawr!

Send a message via AIM to kasper01001
Quote:
Originally posted by aero528
I have moved on to bigger and better(no offense to anyone) r/c stuff. I have relized that there realy are two classes of r/c products. There is the 'toy' class and the 'hobby' class. No matter what anybody tries or says xmods are still in the 'toy' class. Mini-z's are in the 'hobby' class. This is the main reason that mini zs and xmods can NOT be compared. Most all cars in the 'hobby' class are FAR superior to anything in the 'toy' class. They have a tx and rx that are true digatial proportional. Xmods are not. HPI makes 'hobby' class cars (they are not the best but they are better than some). Radioshack sells 'toy' class cars. I doubt that hpi will make a 'toy' class car. As i said i am not trying to affend anyone, but this is just my experiance in 'hobby' quility r/c. I would recomend to anyone to try some type of hobby quality r/c, you wont regrete it.

true, very true....