TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-30-2006, 07:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snake Mod
Exclamation SuperSlicks Motor in my MotorWorks!!!

HOLY MOLY!!!

THANK YOU JAZZ32 FOR PRETTY MUCH HAVING ME RECHECK THE PROBABILITY OF DOING THIS MOD(yes i know you hate all caps .

Here's it is the tape will be takin' off in a little but look at it!!

Oh yeah it climbs over 50* (this * means degrees) and it rocks i've got to say it's better than all the regular zip zap motor and my 2.6 stock motorworks motor.

Note: The white wire connects to a small metal tab and for some reson when connected it adds more power and overheats faster (its connected right now)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg superslicks motor in motorworks!!!!.jpg (12.9 KB, 181 views)

[color=green]
Old 05-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Jazz32

That looks awesome... i've been stuck on xmods for a while but will delve into those again soon.

The Toys R Us still have some of those SS upgrade sets on sale for really cheap if you need anymore.

I have a tri-cell ZZ with one of those, and an added switch, and that thing is pretty ridiculous. I have it in that yellow/black mustang body (my favorite i think).

I also still haven't touched the motorworks yet.... haven't even put batteries in it yet It's time will come.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:26 PM

You got to do it soon these little guys have so much torque, thay were meant for the 30,000 r.p.m. Superslicks motor.

I snuck over and took a pic of your Nascar motorworks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inside nascar motorworks car.jpg (9.1 KB, 147 views)

[color=green]
Old 05-30-2006, 08:47 PM

I love to hear you

Namuna if you have time can I get your thoughts or complaints on this. And Azimov I would love to hear from you as well if you guys have the time.

[color=green]
Old 05-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
Looks sweet to me, get some vid of that badboy in action if you can.

...If you want the degree symbol, like for 50°

Just hold down the Alt key, then press 0176 and then release the Alt key.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:54 PM

Lightbulb The Turbo Tab!!!

The third wire on the motorworks goes on to the motor right?
Well, the cool thing is if I want more speed I can sacrifice going in reverse and attach the "turbo tab" to one of the wires of the motor-superslicks now that is.

You can kind of see the "turbo tab" locked, waiting for it's use.

Hey is bit-science still open? This project probably isn't anything special or anything but i want to make something to get me into bit science, so are people still able to get in to it? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turbo tab!!!.jpg (13.3 KB, 132 views)

[color=green]

Last edited by Snake Mod; 05-31-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:29 PM
I process, therefore I am

Quote:
Oh yeah it climbs over 50* (this * means degrees) and it rocks i've got to say it's better than all the regular zip zap motor and my 2.6 stock motorworks motor.
That's pretty impressive. I noticed the pinion on the motor is pretty large. Is it the one that came with it, or did you switch it out with the motorworks stock pinion?
Quote:
The white wire connects to a small metal tab and for some reson when connected it adds more power and overheats faster (its connected right now)
Can you show all the wires on the SS motor or perhaps a simple diagram?
Old 05-31-2006, 07:16 PM

1) It had already came with it, the pinion.

2) When you buy the 30,000 r.p.m. SS motor, it doesn't have any wires attached. I had to find spare wire hanging around and attach them to the motor and the pcb. Now the white wire is kind of hard to explain how it works but it comes stock with all MotorWorks. I think there is a thread on the topic of the third wire. Let me find it.....Found it, it is:Third Wire Discussion Hope this somehow explains.

You can kind of see on the mioddle of the motor there is a tab on it......that's it there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg examine rc2.jpg (12.2 KB, 121 views)

[color=green]
Old 06-01-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
1) It had already came with it, the pinion.
I see. I was thinking you may be getting some additional speed from the pinion having a different number of teeth than the stock pinion.
Quote:
Well, the cool thing is if I want more speed I can sacrifice going in reverse and attach the "turbo tab"
So, if I understand you, you have the SS motor hooked to the proper pos. and neg. ccntacts on the motorworks PCB. You have fabricated a tab that makes contact with the motorworks common ground and the shell of the motor and this produces added power to the motor.
I'm not sure how this works, as you would seem to be only adding a second ground to the motor circuit, but there could be some factors in the PCB I'm unaware of.
Actually, it could be you are bypassing some current limiting resistors hooked into the negative side of the motor circuit. I dunno.
Wait a minute, you say you lose reverse with this tab connection. So, you have the pos. and neg. motor connections that are used as signal lines for forward and reverse and a common ground coming from the MW PCB. You hook one wire to the pcb and also the common (ground) and you have forward, but no reverse. If you hook up the other wire and leave the common, you have reverse and no forward. If you hook both in place, you have forward and reverse with the common hanging off unconnected. You make a tab connection and hook it to the motor case for more speed, which is shorting reverse as it must be also hooked to the common.
I'm still not sure I understand how this settup works, but it's very interesting.

Last edited by Azimov; 06-01-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:12 PM

Arrow Kind Of

I'm using the wire it already had and connecting it to one of the pos or neg wires of the SS motor but it goes a little faster. It is not connected to the shell of the SS, it doesn't work on those motors. But to the wires I attached to the SS motor i think I'll make a pic.

Quote:
Now the white wire is kind of hard to explain how it works but it comes stock with all MotorWorks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turbo tab 2.jpg (72.4 KB, 114 views)

[color=green]

Last edited by Snake Mod; 06-01-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:01 PM

I'd have to do some testing myself to see whats going on when you attach the white wire to one of the two power rails of the motor. One side would cause a short I would think, while the other would just be a second ground, but I could be wrong. I'm wondering if you had the thing hooked up and held the car in reverse, which now isn't working, if it would smoke the PCB. I'm also wondering about the heat you mentioned earlier that this hookup causes in the engine. I'm not knockin the idea at all, I just don't understand whats happening.
If what you are doing is giving a straight shot to ground that is normally current restricted, then you may have something. But, I don't understand the loss of reverse unless you are shorting that side of the circuit. Which would be bad imho.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
If what you are doing is giving a straight shot to ground that is normally current restricted, then you may have something. But, I don't understand the loss of reverse unless you are shorting that side of the circuit. Which would be bad imho.
That sounds like what i'm saying but ,imho not sure what that means it makes the reverse not have enought power to reverse but only brake.

[color=green]
Old 09-29-2006, 10:49 PM

Problem!!!! (hopefully a fix)

Well I opened up my ZZmt Motor Pack and i noticed that the gears on the motors are 7 tooth. I decided I could add MORE torque by adding that to my Motorworks. Perfect fit! So I drive it around and I started reflecting on my old stuff and looked at the my dual cell mod and wondered why my 1.2v 160maH battery isn't in there (i thought it was). I opened my Motorworks up and I noticed a loose wire. No!!!!! Its one of my motor wires!!! And the other ones about to fall off!!! So i take the motor out and the battery cause i needed to switch it to the best one. And the red wire came loose so I need to know where to put that wire. So If ANYONE ANYONE has a pic of their pcb MOTORWORKS only Please or I can't put it back.

[color=green]
Old 09-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Jazz32

I'll hook you up tomorrow snake.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:53 AM

Thanks man

[color=green]