TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 05-25-2004, 02:09 PM
It's Really Fast!

You have no idea. You can get a stock Mustang GT into the low 13s if you drive really well (and have some good tires). It depends a lot on skill. Have you ever seen a bracket race? That means that if you run exactly your dial in, you guys should hit the finish line at the same time. So yes, it has a lot to do with skill. And BTW, I do think drifting is hard, harder than drag racing, but I'm writing to point out that drag racing is hard also.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:26 AM
boro dori style RC

ahh.. i never said it was easy.. ofcourse reaction time is gonna play a big role in braket racing.. does it matter much in bracket if you can get a mustang into the 13's...? backets all skill and knowing your limits with some luck involved(breaking out, missing a shift point, etc.) bracket racing and just regular drag racing contrast like day and night! but did you read my post? i'm agreeing with you.. well i just think that its easy to learn to drag race.. but.... its very difficult to master, yes. on the other hand drifting takes alot of broken parts just to grasp. its late and im damn tired from typing up this report i have for history so im not gonna get all drawn out on this... but geez stop saying i have no idea.. do you have the experience in drag racing to back up what youre saying?
Old 05-26-2004, 07:06 AM
Got Cheese?

Has anyone used model kit tires on their 1/24 4wd car for drifting? What else have you used or heard about?

I really like that bottle cap idea, and I've seen Ikinari pipe tures in action also, but do these 'tires' it make it really hard to steer though? I drift my mini-x on tarmac with stock Overland tires, but it rolls a lot, so I might try the bottle cap idea, I tried with electrical tape over the wheels, which is fine on wood/linoleum, but gets eaten up on tarmac...

Last edited by Cian; 05-26-2004 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:24 AM
5Zigen

Send a message via AIM to SHIFT_DRIFT
you can go buy a set of xmod tires. (the "upgrade')
and use the little plastic things to fit over the tire.

DRIFT my ANTI-rice
Old 05-27-2004, 05:40 PM

If we are talking about Xmods here, it's really hard to keep the car straight. If we are talking about real cars here, dragging is tough, watch an unskilled driver in a honda civic SI hit a 16.7 then watch a skilled driver hit a 15.9. Anyone who says dragging is 10% skill is 14 and watches too much initial D...It's pointless to argue on this Xmod forum where everyone has access to it and impossible to establish credibility. On one hand it's hard to even establish any credibility with drifting, because it requires the right environment and right car, as opposed to dragging which can be done from light to light in any car.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by viperdout
You have no idea. You can get a stock Mustang GT into the low 13s if you drive really well (and have some good tires).
No one is going to get a stock GT into the low 13s. Mid 13s with some drag radials maybe, not low. 14.0 is the best stock I've ever seen, and I have seen a lot of GTs run.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:27 PM
It's Really Fast!

"(and have some really good tires)" I should of made that clearer. Yes, on drag tires. I saw a bone stock Mach 1 run a 12.7 The owner was dumbfounded.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:57 AM
boro dori style RC

Quote:
Originally posted by 97PrizmLsi
If we are talking about Xmods here, it's really hard to keep the car straight. If we are talking about real cars here, dragging is tough, watch an unskilled driver in a honda civic SI hit a 16.7 then watch a skilled driver hit a 15.9. Anyone who says dragging is 10% skill is 14 and watches too much initial D...It's pointless to argue on this Xmod forum where everyone has access to it and impossible to establish credibility. On one hand it's hard to even establish any credibility with drifting, because it requires the right environment and right car, as opposed to dragging which can be done from light to light in any car.
ok sir, ill burn my dvd's right away 10% skill thing was an exaggeration. i gess what i was trying to say was that anyone can drag light to light(maybe not win but still... light to light) right enviornment and right car? all you need is some tarmac and 4 wheels.( uh oh, initial d influence) the car doesnt even have to be rwd unless you consider ff assdragging. or you could go minus the tarmac and you got rally drifting. maybe the two arnt even comparable because in one you are pushing the limits of the vehicle and in the other i guess youre balancing the laws of physics?