TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-01-2004, 07:26 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to JDMDrifter
Quote:
Originally posted by 97PrizmLsi
Hrmm..I guess you don't know much about Toyota engines. My 4AFE has 16 cylinders in total and is DOHC.
The 4AFE has 16 cylinders? Wow, I am impressed.
(Sorry, that was sarcasm)

-XMod Skyline GT-R
-Yokomo MR-4TCSD Drifter, SS5800 powered, 180SX, Chaser, Stratus, Skyline, RX-8, and a few other bodies
-Yokomo GT-4 RTR, too much to list
-Savage 21, O.S. .21RG-X w/Nova Head, custom center skidplate

Last edited by JDMDrifter; 02-01-2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:37 PM

LoL, 16 valves, sorry. I wish though!
Old 02-01-2004, 07:39 PM

Doesn't that one cadillac with the long ass engine bay have 16 cylinders?
Old 02-14-2004, 10:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Scientist Send a message via Yahoo to Scientist
to the guy buyin the 4A-GE 20V....get the 4A-GZE of the ae111 chasis...makes 170 HP and is already built for forced induction...comes with a supercharger...swap out the supercharger for a turbo...a guy on the island i live on did it with an AE92 GTZ levin(supercharged stock)...but twin charged...has a T3/T4 and the stock supercharger....the car is puttin out 498HP to the wheels...
Old 02-16-2004, 07:33 PM
TinyRC Newbie

I still like the fact that V8's hold the record in the quarter mile, and a V8 won the last 24 Hours of Nurburing. And whoever says imports are better than domestics because they handle better, even though they may be slower: has a ricer ever pulled up to you and asked if you wanted to race through some mountain roads, or does he normally want to go till the next light?
Old 03-01-2004, 12:00 PM
--PCB smoker--

What domestic car have you ever ripped down some twisties???

The corvettes blow, unless its a C5 or a C6.
I still think they suck. AWD may be heavier but it hooks up much, much better and can be pushed way harder. Oversteer or understeer for that matter is not my thing, sure a good driver can drive a RWD hard but that same driver once he got use to the AWD could push it much harder. I think most of the push rod V8's are outdated and NASCAR for that matter has a heck of a time getting 500hp out of a 350(I know there are alot of reg.) and you see street legal Sky's with 1300+ hp or a Audi I-5 with 850+, like Dalbacks Golf or Quattro.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Scientist Send a message via Yahoo to Scientist
well
1. we don't have stop lights
2. all we got is mountain passes
3. V8s don't survive...not even japanese V8s down here...
the straight 6s and the I4s and V6s

as any japanese racer will tell you...balance is key...thats why a well thought out 140HP AE86 levin can be faster around a track than a overly sized skyline or supra. american cars are built to do one thing and one thing good....straight line performance....if thats what i wanted then i'd be driving a muscle car...but since i want all round performance...i drive either a jap, or european car
Old 03-01-2004, 04:30 PM
--PCB smoker--

Quote:
Originally posted by Scientist
as any japanese racer will tell you...balance is key...thats why a well thought out 140HP AE86 levin can be faster around a track than a overly sized skyline or supra. american cars are built to do one thing and one thing good....straight line performance....if thats what i wanted then i'd be driving a muscle car...but since i want all round performance...i drive either a jap, or european car
Agreed also, thats why a little 150-160hp Golf weighing 1200lbs can kill anything at the Autocross if set up right in the suspension.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scientist
well
1. we don't have stop lights
2. all we got is mountain passes
3. V8s don't survive...not even japanese V8s down here...
the straight 6s and the I4s and V6s

Sounds like a cop out to me...but it's cool that you can hit the moutains...nobody asks to go on moutain roads here
Old 03-01-2004, 06:40 PM

Re: ..............

Quote:
Originally posted by boxcrash
What domestic car have you ever ripped down some twisties???

The corvettes blow, unless its a C5 or a C6.
I still think they suck. AWD may be heavier but it hooks up much, much better and can be pushed way harder. Oversteer or understeer for that matter is not my thing, sure a good driver can drive a RWD hard but that same driver once he got use to the AWD could push it much harder. I think most of the push rod V8's are outdated and NASCAR for that matter has a heck of a time getting 500hp out of a 350(I know there are alot of reg.) and you see street legal Sky's with 1300+ hp or a Audi I-5 with 850+, like Dalbacks Golf or Quattro.

Yah, i see a 1300 hp skyline everyday..snicker. But I seriously can go down to the tracks and watch late 80s mustangs with dart blocks hit low 8s all day
Old 03-01-2004, 07:59 PM
TinyRC Newbie

How many of those Skylines make that power naturally aspirated? V8s can be made much more powerful with simple mods, and it is very possible to get 700hp out of a small block with no blower or turbos. So maybe you do get to race through mountain roads, but every guy I have ever met has been stop light racing, and there is where V8s dominate.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:05 PM
--PCB smoker--

Thats..........

That may be true to some extent.........but stop light racing is gay, if I want to go drag race I go to the drag strip.
If I am serious about that straight line I will run what I ran in the previous days or what my friends ran, Busa's with turbo and or Nitros or 900RR with Nitros and stretched swing arms.

Heck I have seen a VR6 Golf GTI twin turbo beat up on everything on the drag strip, it was killing vettes and Vipers.
We can talk this trash all day long, not that I know more our are better than you but I work on cars for a living and sure V8s are nice but its all about power to weight ratio and usualble power. I mean come on you do not see F1's running 4 cylinders or I-6 unless they are CART or some kind of unlimited or what not, I mean shoot heck they just about all run V10's now. I mean why not a V12 instead, whats the big deal with a V8, you know what it is, they are cheap you can go to Autozone and buy a turnkey 350cu, thats why. You can make them fast for cheap, but they are still heavy, mostly pushrod technology which is one reason why Harleys are slow, pushrod tech is old school and not as efficient.
18-26K RPM F1 motors are not pushrod...........
There is not replacement for displacement unless it is old-tech and power to weight ratio is a joke.

Sure old caddys in 1918 or 28 where 16 cylinder monsters, but they can barely get out of there own way.

But hey you do not see 4000hp+ funny cars and rail cars with 4 cylinders or I-6's do you now, but me I could care less about straight line, sure its fun to go 0-200mph+ really, really quick...but you know whats even better is doing it in the corners and whats even more so, on two wheels or the back one.

Not a car that can beat a bike if you can get the bike to hook and stay planted, but then again same issues we face with XMods, getting crap to hook there is a too much power point where you have to add weight to make it hook then you are going backwards, power to weight changes and so does the point.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:11 PM
--PCB smoker--

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Caleetro
How many of those Skylines make that power naturally aspirated?
Not many but nat aspirated takes the fun out, sure its instant and all that but eventualy you have to run race fuel because of compression, sure you can run a 15:1 on normal octane, but it does not like it and it won't be for long you run it that way.

Heck I don't even like superchargers, because they are parasitical.
I love the sound of a turbo or turbos, the spooling, the blow off the lag then sudden neck breaking accel.
What you do is build a fast motor as much as you can naturaly aspirated then slap a turbo or two on with a massive intercooler and plenty of good condensed cold air, of course with a lower compression if you want it to hold together with incrediably high boost.

I use to love stangs and muscle cars, I had a 87 stang and a 69 GTO once,I use to help friends build camaros and stangs, I work with guys now that have Saleens and Grand Sports; but when I discovered the refinemant and the true love for the open road in European and non-domestic cars it was like going from kindergarten to college, such a dramatic maturaity.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:12 PM
--PCB smoker--

Re: Re: ..............

Quote:
Originally posted by 97PrizmLsi
Yah, i see a 1300 hp skyline everyday..snicker. But I seriously can go down to the tracks and watch late 80s mustangs with dart blocks hit low 8s all day
Thats the 1/8th or 1/4th???

Cause I can watch stock bikes run 9's all day in the 1/4th and thats stock for probably a quarter of what those guys have in there rides.

Anywho I am done, opinions are whatever they will be to each his own, on the track things can be proven and disproven. Like the fact harley cannot get a bike on the Superbike or any GP bike course to place better than like 5th even with a miracle rider, thats if the bike can even finish.

But yet Ducati with the Italians built a V Twin that is just as old as Harleys tech that walked all over and still does at times every bike, Japanese, domestic, european, etc.

Last edited by boxcrash; 03-01-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: ..............

Quote:
Originally posted by boxcrash
Thats the 1/8th or 1/4th???

Cause I can watch stock bikes run 9's all day in the 1/4th and thats stock for probably a quarter of what those guys have in there rides.

Anywho I am done, opinions are whatever they will be to each his own, on the track things can be proven and disproven. Like the fact harley cannot get a bike on the Superbike or any GP bike course to place better than like 5th even with a miracle rider, thats if the bike can even finish.

But yet Ducati with the Italians built a V Twin that is just as old as Harleys tech that walked all over and still does at times every bike, Japanese, domestic, european, etc.
who the hell runs the 1/8th? my car lol. I am talking an 8 second quarter with a small block (350 i believe) dart block (the beast wheelies for about the first 100 feet). There are more than a few speed shops in the desert that bring some awesome bracket racers. You would love to see this 67 nova down at the tracks. He is running around 7.5 with a 502 twin turbo. It's not even funny how much gas he burns (jet fuel from the local AFB), but damn...it is fast.
The bottom line is that domestics run big motors...and they are king of the practical drag purpose muscle. I can't totally concede that imports are the best all around cars as far as handling goes, but I can't make my argument at this moment because I have some major calculus to hit up and little time.