TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

View Poll Results: Should this guy be allowed to screw people?
No, he should get booted off ebay. 8 14.29%
Yes he should be allowed to sell whatever he wants 13 23.21%
He isn't doing anything wrong just trying to make a buck 26 46.43%
This guy ruins the rc hobby for people that can barely afford it and should be reported to the selling community 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 06:55 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to Kubrel Send a message via Yahoo to Kubrel
Thanks monster

I am a seller on ebay and i just sent them the e mail. I have sent people additional items when i thought they were paying too much. I do not screw people i am 29 yrs old and have learned what comes around goes around. I bet a few people will have changed their minds after reading his reply to my e mail
Old 01-02-2004, 08:46 PM
RC Tinkerer

He should not have threatned you, however he has the right to sell whatever he wants and ask however mutch he wants for it. If I wanted to sell my Marvin The Martian Leather Jacket, and listed that it is well worn and contains holes, and I asked $200.00 for it, I have the right to do that. And the buyer's have a right to NOT BID! I have seen people sell CD's of stuff that they downloaded off of the internet. They have things in the description like, "Contains Unregistered Shareware, game demos, and other assorted software, Utils & Games" and I have seen the CD's go for as low as $10.00 and as high as $45.00. All they are is a CD-R that they burned themselves. If I wanted to do that, then more power to me! As long as he is not selling damaged/broken goods as new then there is no problem. He should be allowed to sell as whatever price he feels the marked can handle. If he were to list the lights for $50.00, let him. If some looser pays $50.00 for them, let them! If YOU do not like the price then do not bid! Just like if there is something on TV that you do not approve of, do not watch. It is just that simple.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:58 PM
RC Tinkerer

That does not matter. If he is not missrepresenting what it is, then there is no problem. If he is lying about what it can do, such as "Improves speed and gives you longer running times" then that would be a problem, and his auction should be shut down, however as long as he is not missrepresenting the product, then he can ask whatever he wants for it. Even if it is an old moldy bananna that Elvis ate half of, as long as it is true, then let it be.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:47 PM
TinyRC Pro

I am not saying.

I am not saying he doesn't have the right to sell what he wants. i am saying that by doing that he makes himself and the whole ebay community look lie a bunch of crooks. I also believe that this is supposed to be a fun hobby.

When others see this they see it as an opportunity to take advantage and buy the stuff that you and I have been trying to get. They buy in bulk and essentially hog it all then try to make a profit off of the people who are trying to have fun. This is what makes a hobby not fun. I can afford this stuff some people cannot. 50.00 for a car is great. i just do not like it when these people justify it by saying, " somebody charged xx dollars for this thing" so he saw it and said no I can screw too. How many people see his auction and will try to do the same thing.

Thses are not one off items like "RC Butlers" is selling they are everyday items. I remember they had the same problem with "Tickle me Elmo" and I bought a "Princess Barbie" for my neice but only paid 5.00 more than retail on ebay. Not almost triple. I know people are having a hard time trying to see what point I am getting across. I guess some never will until they get screwed. I am trying to inform the people who read this that there are people out there who will do everything in their power to take advantage of a cost effective rc car and turn in into a money pit. and on and on and on.........
Old 01-02-2004, 11:49 PM
RC Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally posted by flipskater
if you go back and read about it it says brand new never opened still in the box. if it was never opened how would the tape get one there???
Have you seen the Light Kit? It gets mounted to the top inside of the car body. The circuit board is covered with Heat Shrink Tubing, not tape. He took the pic from the RS webpage and rotated it a bit. Take a look: Command Logic Light @ RadioShack.Com
Old 01-03-2004, 12:42 AM

Why care? Really...it's a free country. If you want to make a difference then let people know what your solution is and your positive progress. Don't whine about. I could buy those products all day long and sell them over the internet. If I liked you and came to trust you through this forum I would buy those things at the local stores here and send them to you at cost. I understand that this is a forum but don't turn it into something it doesn't have to be. I have a piece of crap x-mod now that's been taken apart a hundred times and I still can't fix it. I would send that piece of crap anywhere if some one was willing to pay for it.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Real Cars Suck

If you were so worried that someone was getting screwed. Why not inform the highest bidder than the seller?

Also one very STUPID idea to come out of this is: The purchaser WILL NOT have a warranty of any kind which they would have if the bought from Radio Shack.

As far as the purchaser goes:

On a personal level though, I think the guy is greedy, yes. He is the type that takes advantage of others ignorance. Sorta "anti-cooperative" if you will. His feeble excuse that people pay these prices is just that, an excuse. Logically though, he cannot be faulted for supply and demand.

EDIT: Whats wrong with the xmod you have bye bye?
Old 01-03-2004, 01:49 AM
("\(0.o)/") Rawr!

Send a message via AIM to kasper01001
LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Kubrel
you're lucky I didn't send a
Trojan along with this email and wipe your whole life out just for
wasting my f@#kin time
send a trojan? lol is this guy for real or what?

Last edited by kasper01001; 01-03-2004 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:45 AM
TinyRC Pro

Yes that was an actual email he sent me

Yes that was pasted and copied directly from my hotmail. I do not want to interfere with his auctions I just want him to know that there may be a little bit of wrong doing. He obviously feels a tad guilty from the response he gave me. If I would have mailed the high bidder I would have been violating ebay rules. I asked him 2 questions and never threatened or used vulgar language. The tinyrc members have seemed to change opinion a little after reading his letter to me. And yes the warranty issue should be looked at too.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Got 4.2 King? I do : )

i dont see why its a big deal. in america we have supply and demand. its what makes business go. and we also with ebay there are vast amounts of people that bid on items. if someone cant get the light kit where they live and they want to get it on ebay, so this guy charges 15 bucks. if the demand is right people will pay it. as he said the retail price is printed on the package so he's not ripping them off. they're ripping them selves off. its not a big deal if some one isnt smart enought to drive down to radioshack for the light kit. if they want to pay the extra buck its there fault. if you had a light kit and someone told you that they'd give you 15bucks for it would you say, "no, i want to give it to you for 6"?
1.5 degree toe in
hard slicks
Top Speed stage 2 motor
full bearings
AWD
6 spoke wheel upgrade
energizer rechargeables
6 Cell Upgrade
Old 01-03-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

its people like him that make me want to become a hitman.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 01-03-2004, 10:43 PM
TinyRC Pro

Not really

if you had a light kit and someone told you that they'd give you 15bucks for it would you say, "no, i want to give it to you for 6"?

I do not know I wouldn't screw somebody i am not saying i would double or tripple it but i may add a little on for my trouble. If it was the last one in the world of course otherwise I would tell them to go and get one from rs for a better price and a warranty. I have a conscience i guess.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:24 PM

Kubrel, don't hate because you didn't think of it first.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:49 PM
**The Assissin**

Send a message via Yahoo to shadowblade
jacked up prices???

Ok, Heres the scenario. You are complaining that someone started bidding at $16.00 for a light kit right? You say that is robery and he is screwing people. Well as we have stated in here to you its the BUYERS perogative to pay it. Heres what I found on Ebay....Another seller, Starting his bid at a measly $2.99. There has been 14 bids and it is now up to $15.50 and still has over a day left. Here is the auction number if you dont beleive me.
To make it easier, here is the link to the auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2565
So, what you consider as screwing people, It is actually commerce at its best. You dont have to pay it, but someone else will.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:25 PM
TinyRC Pro

I do not hate

# 1 I do not hate him. I was trying to make a point. I enjoy r/c hobbying and hope others do as well. I just think ( and this is my opinion ) that when this happens regardless of the item, it make it not enjoyable for the guy who can barely afford it. Greed is what I see. Greed is bad! I understand commerce I just think that too many people are trying to stick up for this clown. Now if someone starts out at a lower dollar amt and it gets high. Well of course that is an auction scenario. But when someone intentionally screws people and justifies it by saying " Well someone else did it" Than that is weak. I know what he is doing is not illegal it is greedy. And in my mind greed is bad. The only way I have to feel better is to tell people as yourselves in a forum where it will be hopefully read by a ton of people. I hope this explains. I just try to do the right thing. Sometimes you hold a door for an elderly person and sometimes you just do what you can. I am not higher or mightier or even more skilled than anyone here. I am just stating my opinion. I hope this helps any misunderstanding. todd