TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 AM

Stutter problem

I was able to land a Puchi at ultimatehobbies.com for 44.95 plus shipping. I was playing with it yesterday, and it had an annoying stuttter problem. It would drive fine for a little while, but then would stop running a little bit, and would creep for a little while, stop start stop start, and then would go again.

I tried to break in the gears like the instructions said, and I ran it without a load (not on the ground) three times, but it still stutters. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I won't give an opinion on the car until it runs right.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:13 AM

Anyone? This thing is running pretty lousy, which kind of sucks since it's my most expensive micro.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
How long does it run "normally" before it starts the stuttering?

I can't remember exactly (as it's been literally YEARS since I've run my Puchi), but I believe the mechanism is similar to the Epoch...In that the stutter is normal and indicates lack of power from the battery (in other words, that the battery is going to be out of juice soon).

If you got your Puchi new, then that means it's been sitting in storage a LONG time...It'll take a good 5 to 10 charge/discharge cycles before you start seeing proper "mileage" from that battery.

Good luck.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:59 AM

It could be the battery, but I stutters like this from the get go. I've run this thing a number of times, thinking the battery would come back to life, but it still does this. It's like what happens to car when it goes out of range. It's not out of range because I'm running right by my feet. It just stops and starts.

My new problem with it is now when I turn it, it sticks in that direction, and will not straighten or even go the other direction. I tried playing with the trim, but that doesn't work. I opened it up thing it may have some dust or hairs in it, so I cleaned it all out, but it didn't help. Can anyone help?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
If you've got a voltmeter, try to get a reading on the car.

As for the steering lockup, that's the exact same thing that happened to me. I guess it boils down to having too much steering angle and then it locks into one place...But mine would get so bad that I'd have to basically dismantle the whole steering mechanism to center it again.

...My Puchi's been in pieces for years. When it ran proper it was VERY smooth and nice, but it was just too prone to problems.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:52 PM

tighten

latch ok it haps with evry thing