TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-25-2004, 11:54 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to e9d6w7a9r2d
Question Ic3

Whats also good about the Rayovac IC3 bateries besides that fact it charges in 15 minutes?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg pc.ray.ps6b.cn.jpeg (9.4 KB, 292 views)
Old 02-25-2004, 07:52 PM
TinyRC Pro

I second that , they rock!
Old 02-25-2004, 08:16 PM
TinyRC Pro

cool i just got me i-c3s but never tried it yet. LOL
ill reply when I try them out
Old 02-26-2004, 02:55 AM
TinyRC Pro

dAMN I-C rips! Hey guys how long do they last on four cells?
Old 02-26-2004, 05:54 PM

Is this IC3 battery at 800mah better than a Nimh 800mah that slow charges for 14 hrs? By better I mean is it punchier, more powerful, longer run time, what?
Old 02-26-2004, 06:17 PM
TinyRC Pro

Yea its better. i just got it so i dunno how long it lasts. I never drained it out, but the package says that you have to keep on charging it to keep it powerful and kast longer
Old 02-26-2004, 06:32 PM

longer running times

...and only 15mins...period

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-26-2004, 10:42 PM
TinyRC Pro

Does anyone drain out their i-c3 batteries before you charge them? or can you charge it even if they're not drained out? Because there are batteries that need to be drained out before you charge them, if not the batteries will charge only halfway. are the i-c 3s like that?

Last edited by e9d6w7a9r2d; 02-26-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:49 PM

I don't charge my I-C3's until they don't move the car.

I don't know if it's better to fully discharge them or not.

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-27-2004, 02:42 AM
codedat

It is recommended to let the batteries completly drain before recharginh.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:41 PM
TinyRC Pro

My understanding is that it is better not to drain your NIMH batteries completely. I have heard you want to store them with about half a charge in them. It is not necessary to discharge them before recharging as the NIMH batteries do not develop a memory like the old NICADS. I am using IC3s and have only run them to the point where they won't move the car once or twice. Otherwise I run them for a 5 minute heat, throw them on the charger and run them again for the next 5 minute heat. I have two sets so each set gets run twice in a day of racing.

Oh, and IC3s do rock. You will notice the difference. On a 20 foot straight a car with IC3 vs Radio Shack Green Xmod batteries will be 2 to 3 car lengths ahead. Granted, not much, but enough to take the lead coming out of the first corner, lol.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:07 PM

ok, now i don't know what to do...

G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 03-03-2004, 04:32 AM
codedat

Let me rephrase what I said. Most experienced RC'ers with NiMh batteries know not to completely drain that batteries. From what I said in the previous post was let the batteries drain down. Meaning run it till the car doesn't work. That should bring the batteries to an acceptable capacity to recharge them. Remember to let the batteries cool down before and after you charge.

Thank You

Last edited by codedat; 03-03-2004 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:48 PM

thanks ^

G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 03-14-2004, 10:49 AM
It's Really Fast!

I always store mine at full charge, then drive them 'till they have no torque, recharge them and put the car away, so I can just pick it up and drive it.