TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-31-2004, 07:41 PM
I must be Nuckin' Futs!!!

Send a message via AIM to Gaian
Thumbs up Cool, I found a MPH Kit Racer....

Found it today at TRU for $3.98. It's the one with the dark green axle.Gonna trim it down later and try it out.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:06 PM
5Zigen

Send a message via AIM to SHIFT_DRIFT
my Sears is selling the BIT RACER track and a limited Bit racer
for 9.99 and its 75% off
how much is it now?
im not good @ math...

DRIFT my ANTI-rice
Old 01-31-2004, 10:22 PM

How much?

Sounds like that would make it around $2.50!

Old 02-01-2004, 12:35 AM
TinyRC Pro

kit racer

I am new to the micro rc scene, but I am no idiot. I work everyday for Cummins building 100 to 600 hp diesel engines. But I have to admit it takes dexterity to work on these tiny things, also a few Jack and Cokes to calm the hand for me. I recenty purchased a Kit Racer at my local TRU for $3.95. Mine was labeled as a slalom car with only three marks for mph, BUT the gears were still one tooth higher than the ZZ red gears! I have not tried them yet, I just completed my first first full Mosfet fed mod and will add another cell before trying these gears. I wil be going bach to TRU and picking up a few more of these gems. For $3.95 I got a brand new Tomy battery, some killer gears, axles, wheels, and some neat body and chassis parts to use in mods! These little cars are addicting, and I am 31.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:44 AM

Re: kit racer

Quote:
Originally posted by dnuts
These little cars are addicting, and I am 31.
I hear ya. I'm still kinda new here in the bit world. What actually got me started was the XMODS. Got me a Yellow Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R a couple of weeks before christmas.

Then a little while back, I was at TRU looking around and found these MicroSizer things. Didn't know anything about them at the time so I started looking through them.

And then, there it was, the very same Yellow Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R! It even had the same spoiler that I put on mine!! (But a whole lot smaller and cuter)

That was it, instantly hooked. And now ironically, I'm selling the XMOD to get many more bits (I love ToyEast.com). I liked all the different mods that you could do with the XMOD, but you can do just about all the same type of things to the bits, and it's more impressive that way because of their size.

I think the dark green gears on the KIT Racer are the good ones, I think it's a 3:43 to 1 ratio! (Not much for torque, but big on speed once going)

Thats all for now, gotta head back over to eBay for a while.

And I've got you beat, i'm 35 (but never guess it by looking at me, long hair, beard & moustache, 5/8" holes in my ears, and a 14 gauge ring through my septum)

Old 02-11-2004, 01:02 AM
TinyRC Pro

microsizer pro

Hey Gaian good to hear someone else my age still likes toys. Was that a Microsizer pro you picked up? I bought one at TRU and put a 28k zz motor, and did the laymans tricell mod. I also took the remote charging base from a Cannonball bit and wired it to a 110v RS adapter set at 4.5V. My MSPRO screams when I hit the boost button, just as fast as my fetted Cannonball.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:05 PM
BitPimp Enforcer

Man U Guys are talkin up the gears, has anybody bothered to try the motors? The motors are the BEST thing about the KIT cars. They are faster than your average 2.2 / 2.6 . The KIT slalom has a 2.2 and it'll kick the 5hit out the MS 2.6. The MPH & RPM comes with a 2.6 that runs better than a Tomy 3.0. KBToys are clearing them 2/$5.00, I picked up 3 a couple days ago. Also the mag wheels are very nice for doing a full wheel mod. They're going fast!

31/35 yrs. old Young-uns

If It Don't Fly....."MODIFY"!

Last edited by DarkTari; 02-11-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:06 PM
bitPimp

Send a message via AIM to SuperFly
hue35 and I have been using the KIT gears for a while, usually the red ones. They do a great job taking some of the torque edge off with dual cells or mosfetted cars. Also, the front tires that come with the Energi and Slalom sets are the best, period. If anyone has some they want to trade, I'm willing.

As Dark Tari said, those orange motors kick booty, and even though they are rated the same and colored the same as the Microsizer and Bit motors, they are way faster and torquier.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:58 AM
TinyRC Pro

kit racers

Hey Superfly are the kit racer tires your refering to the small black hard shiny ones? I just put them on and they rule, prevents many rollovers. I have not tried the motor yet, I threw in a bag with rest i guess I will have to search for it.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:05 AM
TinyRC Pro

my bits

I am pretty new to this hobby. My garage consists of three cars, well it used to be three. My first car was a Cannonball that is now RIP as a good parts car. I destroyed that chassis attempting a duel cell Tomy under the PCB mod. I inverted and fetted the board and performed some carefull dremel work on the chassis and managed to get both cells to fit under the board. I had just finished soldering the last battery wire to the charge pad and realized that I had gotten it to hot and melted the bottom of the chassis. So I took my fetted board and put it in the mspro chassis. Now I need another chassis for mspro board because I miss my boost button. Does anyone know if there is a thread to properly fet a mspro pcb?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:24 AM
You can't beat it.

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkTari
Man U Guys are talkin up the gears, has anybody bothered to try the motors? The motors are the BEST thing about the KIT cars. They are faster than your average 2.2 / 2.6 . The KIT slalom has a 2.2 and it'll kick the 5hit out the MS 2.6. The MPH & RPM comes with a 2.6 that runs better than a Tomy 3.0. KBToys are clearing them 2/$5.00, I picked up 3 a couple days ago.
DT, what 'bout the 4.2?
One Mercedes SL600.

1 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Two 95' Mazda RX7s.
And 4 dozen Toyota Supras, 6 Skylines, and a Hino Blue Ribbon Bus from the Keisei Line.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:07 AM
5Zigen

Send a message via AIM to SHIFT_DRIFT
i bought 3 KIT racers @ KB Toys today!
the RPM has MASSIVE accel!

DRIFT my ANTI-rice
Old 02-16-2004, 08:20 PM
BitPimp Enforcer

Quote:
Originally posted by SHIFT_DRIFT
i bought 3 KIT racers @ KB Toys today!
the RPM has MASSIVE accel!
Told Ya! Madd Speed for a 2.6 . Try the 2.2, great track motor!

If It Don't Fly....."MODIFY"!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:27 PM
You can't beat it.

Now where's my KR 2.2........
One Mercedes SL600.

1 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Two 95' Mazda RX7s.
And 4 dozen Toyota Supras, 6 Skylines, and a Hino Blue Ribbon Bus from the Keisei Line.