TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

View Poll Results: What would you think of the URL being created?
Hell yes! 9 100.00%
It's dumb. 0 0%
I dunno. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2004, 03:56 PM
It's Really Fast!

Underground Racing League?

Seeing as how the XRL sucks from what I heard, anyone want to help set up an undergorund or outlaw racing league? I dunno, URL sounds cool, but ORL wouldn't be bad. What would be cool about the league would be that it would have levels. The first would be for stock or factory upgraded cars (i.e., no 6 cellers, li-ions, etc.). The next level would be for 6 cell cars, aftermarket motors that do not require FETs, and 2 li-ion cars. The final level would be all out, where anything can run. It would consist of 7 cellers and up, 3 or more li-ion cars, and insane motors that require FEts, plus anything else you could cram into an xmod (brushless cars, maybe?). I was also thinking of minimum weights to even the field (not for the experimental class, though), etc. So, what do you think? Anyone in the tri-state area wanna try this out?
Old 06-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Tiny RC Guru

wow that sounds sweet! you know what would be to tight? race for pink slips! hell yeh! i think you need to have another class though for "Virgins" you know any motor,no FET's,only 4 cells,body or chassis lightening,it wood be like for the serious but not rich racer you know like the "On a Budget Racer" but other than that this is gonne be awesome!
Old 06-30-2004, 04:45 PM
It's Really Fast!

That's what the lowest class would be for, for the people woh cannot solder, etc. BTW, aluminum cups, while not necessary in the bottom class with the power being put out, are alolowed, as are CF driveshafts. It also could be where all cars run in a single race, but the higher class the car, the more of a weight penalty it would have. I like the first idea better though, as it would allow noobs to race without being burned badly by more powerful cars, and for the people who own crazy xmods, they can also race, unlike the XRL.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Tiny RC Guru

im sorry i guess i said that wrong i meant it would be just like Experimeantal Class but no FETs and only 4 cells
Old 06-30-2004, 05:34 PM
It's Really Fast!

That is a possibility, but most likely, the 4 cell experimental would be put into the 6 cell/2 li-ion category. Anyway, I made this bootleg logo:

Edit: I forgot to mention that there would be road racing AND drag racing. If there were enough people, then maybe there could be a car show too.

Last edited by viperdout; 06-30-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm not a pyro, really.

Quote:
Originally posted by viperdout
That's what the lowest class would be for, for the people woh cannot solder, etc. BTW, aluminum cups, while not necessary in the bottom class with the power being put out, are alolowed, as are CF driveshafts. It also could be where all cars run in a single race, but the higher class the car, the more of a weight penalty it would have. I like the first idea better though, as it would allow noobs to race without being burned badly by more powerful cars, and for the people who own crazy xmods, they can also race, unlike the XRL.
people who cant solder couldnt race if they had stock rs wires.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER
OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE NUMBERS!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:42 PM
It's Really Fast!

Quote:
Originally posted by aperson
people who cant solder couldnt race if they had stock rs wires.
ROFL! You get the point of what I meant.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Tiny RC Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by viperdout
AND drag racing

Hallelujah ! Hallelujah ! Hallelujah ! This is like the highlight of my X-mod life Underground drag racing! Yay! Wow this is gonna be SOO awesome it would be like Glamis but with R/C's *dazes off into a fantasy*. I can see it know little Xmods with underglow and sound sytems and opening hoods,doors,trunks and hydrolics,runnin the "1/4" mile, dyno's, beer, woman, bikes,car shows,sound system contests,illegal street racing,scrambles,partying. *Wakes up from dream* . but really this is gonna be awesome man!

way off subject but in my RSX a.k.a. Drag Bitch, when i gun this thing the motor "rocks" from side to side just like in a real car ( i dunno why i said this just wanted to)

Redman out till next time,peace!
Old 07-04-2004, 12:49 PM
It's Really Fast!

I'm gonna get some people together in my area soon hopefully, and maybe I can hve this thing. Anybody located near White Plains, NY, Lake Placid, NY, or Paramus, NJ, email me at viperdout@gmail.com . I hope to get this thing together in my area, then work on getting people to head up other sections if all goes well.