TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 10-19-2006, 06:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to moddsmann
My hummer needs more power

translated by Jazz32:

Thank you for your posts. As you can tell, I'm new to these forums and I need some help. My hummer has no power climbing and I need to know cheap ways of getting more power for off-roading. I also need to know some good batteries to use because the ones from RS suck.

my cars infinity g35 and a hummer in the shop
Old 10-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Jazz32

First off, we need to know what mods are on your truck. It looks like you have the lift kit. Do you have 4wd installed.

When you start adding power to xmod trucks and putting it in high torque situation, the stock parts usually end up breaking. I have not seen a good stock off roading xmod.

For more power to go through grass, evo boards can handle 6 cells. Adding cells adds stress on all of the components remember. Also, you could buy the motor upgrade kit and increase the gear ratio giving the truck more torque with lower speed.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:51 PM

Translation by Jazz32:

I put that lift sign on for no reason. I have the 4x4 kit installed. What about li-po packs and a FET upgrade? Would that do anything? Please help.

Lack of education:

i put that lift sign 4 no reason and i got the 4x4 kit on it. what about li poly packs and a fet upgrade would that do anything plz help
Old 10-19-2006, 07:13 PM

if you want a true off road truck, dont go with lithiums, they have a powerful off the line blast, but their resistance is not good for steady climbing. if you want a basher, put the li-pons, also get some alloy knuckles, dogbones and differentials. if you want so good torque, go to toys R us, go to the R/C section and get the new bright, 1:20 scale hummer H3 or f-150, its like 8-10 bucks. when you get it, rip it apart (not literaly of course) and take you will see a very cheap set up; just two motor and some gears, get the smallest one, it should have 33 or 34 teeth. if you have th eability, modify it to have the inner part of the second gear on the tranny to this new gear; it will take some trimming of the suspension bracket and tranny casing, but it will not weaken it. you also have to make some sort of cover to hold this new bigger gear; get a six tooth pinion froma kyosho optional pinion set.
really, for good off roading, batteries just nned to last, so get some with goo dinternal resistance, wal mart i think has some duracells with a 1 hour charger, they work OK. so back to the motor, the stock motor will have more torqur than the stage two motor, since it develops its maximum caoacity at much lower RPM, and you want to go slow. if you feel the need for more, put some Neo magnets and maybe a ball bearing case.
i know this probably seems like chinese to you, just look at atomicm*ds.com (change the * for an o) and it will guide you.
to make it simple, a goo doff road xmods needs:
alloy drivetrain,
long lasting batteries,
a good torque ratio tranny,
a slow motor,
and most importantly a good center of balance and articulation.
dont lock the diffs. if you dont have much experience, total F*CK UP for begginners.

-Lino
Old 10-19-2006, 07:21 PM

Translated by Jazz32:

No, I understand all of it. How much would all of this run me? CJ is a good friend of mine and I've ordered all black aluminum. Oh yeah, I've had Xmods since they came out, but the new trucks are a little different from a car so thank you.

Illiteratness:

no i under stand all of it and how much will all of this runn me and cj is a good frind of mine and ive orderd all black aluminum oh yea ive had xmods since they came out but the new trucks r a lil diff from a car so ty
Old 10-20-2006, 10:24 AM

you can make it as expensive or as cheap as you want, obviously, the most expensive parts are the alloy, so dont go all crazy with that, dont buy parts that are not under alot of stress during drivig. the neo magnets are like 6 bucks i think, the little hummer H3 is like 9 bucks i think. a must have are bearings, they are like night and day to bushings, these range from 15-20 bucks depending on the accesories, (some are shielded.) check some reviews on ni-mh batteries to see which one people say is the longest lasting, and make your choice, a 1-hour charger and 4 to 8 batteris will cost like 35-40 dollars. dont get the 15 minute charger because this is only a quick charger and doesnt even fill up a quarter of the batteries potential, and you want long lasting.
remember, the xmods trucks are not very capapble off-roaders, the require a lot of modifications to make them capable and fun. they are more of rally racing trucks, but can climb dirt hills and off road a little. if plan on having just a fun, inexpensive small 4x4, get a SSMT 1/24 scale, they are 20 bucks at Toys R Us. the have some accesories for them in the same display stand, bodies, tires, rims, motors, shocks, etc. with 5 modifications to the SSMT 1:24, which are: longer shocks, taller tires, Iwaver PCB board, making brass dogbones and locking the differentials, you got yourself a beast ot be reconged with for only around $70-90 where two fo the mods are home made.

-Lino
Old 10-20-2006, 04:32 PM

Translation by Jazz32:

Thanks, I've been using a 15min charger and maybe that is my problem. I think I'll stick with Xmods because I love them for the motor. What about spinbrush magnets?

Jibberish:

thanks thats what ive been using is a quick chargeer 15 mins maby tats my prob oh and ill think ill stick wit xmod i love them 4 the engine what about spinbrush mags
Old 10-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Jazz32

There are some problems with the SSMT, mainly that you cannot get iwaver boards anymore. You can get kyosho boards for $100+. I am going to try to put xmod electronics in one but haven't gotten a chance to yet. I haven't seen anyone else do this yet either.

Also, a 15minute charger will not give as good of a charge as a slower charger, but it is probably around 80% not 25%.

Alpha and Moddsmann, please try to write more legibly. This whole post was extremely difficult to read. You'd be suprised how much easier a little punctuation and some paragraph separation makes things to read.

Moddsman, you've seen my translations and what should be written here. If you keep typing poorly, no one is going to help you but maybe Alpha.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:52 PM

well jazz im sorry. i locked the diff and hour charged my batts and it rocked i could relly offroad ty ty ty ty. i need more power in reverse help ps: im sorry for the poor typing but im not to good at english

Old 10-21-2006, 06:57 PM

som 1 plz posts

Old 10-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Jazz32

moddsman, do not bump a post. People will help when they read it... saying please does nothing. This last post just frustrates a lot of people.

Consider this a warning.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:25 PM

sorry jazz

Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 PM

question why is locken da diff a big misstake for a newbe

Old 10-24-2006, 09:00 PM

oh yea what r li pons did u mean li ions

Old 10-24-2006, 09:42 PM

my conclusion im goen with all this 6\33 gear rato titanium drive componets neo mags ball bearing can ball bearings cooling fan and sanyo 900 mah aaa's and thats all oh should i upgrade to stacked fets and 15 ga. wireing