TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/24 and Smaller > XMODS > XMODS

Old 11-05-2003, 11:29 AM

Radio Shack needs to get off their rump and sell parts.

I have a cracked headlight on my Supra... I won't pass my state inspection now. but if it was something serious I'm pretty sure I'd pack it up and return it... RS needs to start selling parts because if they expect to keep people from returning these things they need to give them an alternative besides selling them another one for $50 just for a new rear axle. If they expect people to race these things.. they are gonna have to expect them to break parts. I'm gonna write them and ask... I will post the reply when I get it.

[[Here is what I wrote them:]]

I frequent the www.tinyrc.com website forum and we discuss the X-Mod extensively on there. It's a fairly large community of enthusiaists in the interest of 1/24 scale r/c. I think it would be of interest to you have some type of representative scan/post on there information from Radio Shack or answers to questions regarding the X-Mods. There is a growing number of users, and their questions are legitimate, and could greatly help you in improving your product. (just a suggestion, and invitation to enter our community).

Anyway, my question is in regards to when parts will be available for the X-Mods... in the process of running these things, parts tend to break... It's kind of ridiculous to have to purchase a whole new care to replace one small broken part on here... The other alternative of exchanging it, is cost damaging to you... With the number of people getting these things and potentially racing them (another area in which extra parts may be needed), we'd like to know when parts will be available for purchase?

Last edited by WytSoupBra; 11-05-2003 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Zhuge Liang - My Idol

Send a message via AIM to Heat
they've been out for 2 weeks...give it some time geeze.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:48 PM

in my opinion they should have come out the same time as the cars. and its been more like a month than two weeks.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Zhuge Liang - My Idol

came out october 16th....i am pretty sure that's it. only november 5th so it's not even 3 weeks yet. and they didnt know if it would be successful so obviously they wont make all parts for it available until they are sure it's worth doing and profitable. remember, it's a business and not a hobby. they're selling these things to make money and at the time they didnt know if it would so they obviously wouldnt invest too much into it or make too many parts. ya know, in case it flops.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:29 PM
so I re-wired it

Well, if some enterprising RS employee would keep the returns in a pile, they would be prime for the picking of parts, and probably lessen returns.
Don't know how many managers would like having a mini-RC graveyard in the back room somewhere.
They could do it Mercedes style and diss-assemble them into nice little bins or something.
I know I'd take a new rear axle-bone for my rsx. It works, but the wheel slides around a bit and the threaded part is a little off center.

Famous last words:
Hold my beer and watch this
Old 11-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Told ya.

Send a message via AIM to sessiz10
Parts are a huge issue. I agree with heat and mbartell. Maybe we should remind them (email them) that they wanted to release a "hobby class" car and that they might do well to pay attention to what is needed to maintain these cars. Going further into heats statment though, RS may have allready sent the extra parts into production (ie. repair kits) we do need to be patient. Time will tell gentlemen, lets just hope that rs has learned from the past.

Meh.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:03 PM
I really should change my title...

I bought a mini-z about three years ago when they first came out. My local hobby shop carried the car and only the car for at least a month if not longer. The point is that once these cars are on the market a little longer, I am sure replacement parts will become available. I worked for Radio Shack many years ago and we were able to order replacement rc car parts for customers. I would imagine that will be the case soon for Xmods. As mentioned earlier, these cars are new and it is going to take a little time. They are probably having a tough enough time making the cars fast enough.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Zhuge Liang - My Idol

Quote:
Originally posted by mbartell
Well, if some enterprising RS employee would keep the returns in a pile, they would be prime for the picking of parts, and probably lessen returns.
Don't know how many managers would like having a mini-RC graveyard in the back room somewhere.
They could do it Mercedes style and diss-assemble them into nice little bins or something.
I know I'd take a new rear axle-bone for my rsx. It works, but the wheel slides around a bit and the threaded part is a little off center.
well they might actually send it back and repair it then sell it again...you'd never know so that's prolly why they dont keep it in a pile.

but yea it needs more time before they release anything. i mean look at the body kits. they knew they'd have 4 different models but only made/released 1 body kit at first. so everything takes time.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:02 AM

How many people would actually buy a tool kit? I think the production cost and time could have been spent on making parts than this item... ya know? I mean they engineered it and they drove it around a bunch, I'm sure and they probably know the weak points in the design and should be able to anticipate what's gonna break most often... replacement bodies should be a given.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:37 PM
TinyRC Newbie

I don't know if they are coming out with replacement parts. Most RC's we sell have tons of parts that you can order. Call 1-800-the-shac for RadioShack's Hot line and ask for any RSU numbers for Xmods. If they have the part then you can either order right from them or go to any RadioShack store and order it there.