TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 08-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Hardcore Otaku

Stock bit battery charger

I just now read here (somewhere) That 45 minutes can be attained from the stock bit battery. I have a rayovac 1-hour charger for nimh and nicd AA and AAA batteries. I want to charge my bit battery with this, but I don't know at what rate it charges at and even if it is safe. When I pull out freshly charged 1850 Mah nimh's, they are hot enough to burn my fingers. Has anyone tried to charge their bit battery with one of these chargers? Oh yeah, it's model number is PS4 (I think).
Old 08-03-2003, 10:26 PM
custom title

Send a message via AIM to eman1
any batterys you charge should be warm when done. If they are hot, your charging too much or too fast.
perfection 200mah battery
Pullback wheel mod

Plantraco desktop rover for sale
email me at eman54@optonline.net if you want it
Old 08-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Camera springs

Nimh charge slightly different. They hold heat internally where nicads discharge the heat externally, so if a nimh is warm on the outside, it probably means that the inside is baking itself to death.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Hardcore Otaku

Well, I can't control the charging rate of this charger, and this was done with a charger and it's recommended type of batteries. Same brand too.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:48 PM
SkyLiNEz MK-V

then why not take it off the charger after like a half hour? then you have a full charge and you wont have to worry about having to buy new batteries, or melting your PCB
Old 08-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Hardcore Otaku

AAhhh. Nevermind, disregard this thread. I tried it, but then I forgot that the charger can tell what it is charging. Instead of frying the battery, the charger light just kept blinking and didn't charge it. So much for using what you already have. I guess it's either the digital multimeter or the high-end peak charger
Old 08-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Hulk smash!

Send a message via AIM to Namuna Send a message via Yahoo to Namuna
That 1-hour Rayovac puts out something like 1.5Amp or 1.8Amp (I believe. That's a good bit of juice, but if properly monitored should be able to handle the Bit Battery.

...UNLESS, that Rayovac can only charge batteries in pairs? If so, then the circuitry is looking for a 2.4v pair of batts and is cutting off when not detecting it.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Retarded Stunt Driver

why do you need 45min runtimes? i get bored or distracted after about 10mins
Old 08-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Hardcore Otaku

WOW, 1.5 to 1.8 amps????? That's sounds scary if I were to use it on one of those 1/3AAA cells. BTW, the charger charges each cell independently, no dual cell setups needed. And yes, I get bored after 10 minutes too. Actually, with only a 1.6 motor I get bored after 2 minutes. I think I'm going to scrape my resources together and go "full size" rc-ing again. I just don't get any thrills from bits, esp. with no one to race When I get behind the wheel of my rustler after not driving it for a while, or after getting a substantial speed hop up, I feel like I'm the controller of a real fire-breather, and it's electric!