TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 04-26-2009, 01:39 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
just trying to keep everyone informed an educated consumer is a good consumer
Old 04-26-2009, 11:29 PM

Sounds very interesting! A few questions come to mind:

Will the seams/interlocking system be different than say a mini96? The dNaNo works well on the mini tiles but the seams need to be really smoothed out for the smaller cars.

Any estimated date for availability?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime View Post

Will the seams/interlocking system be different than say a mini96? The dNaNo works well on the mini tiles but the seams need to be really smoothed out for the smaller cars.

I'm interested in this as well. I'm assuming not since it can be combined with existing RCP tracks, but I hope so.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime View Post

I can't get into too much detail at the moment, until some documents come back from the USTPO office, but yes there is a difference in the new tracks modular linking system compared to the standard Mini-96. The joints for the smaller cars should not be an issue. We will have adapter pieces available to join current kits with the new tracks.

All our current track tiles are groomed at the factor to give it the porous or sponge texture that allows the dust to settle in the pores and helps the track obtain its grip. During this process, the tile height from section to section get very close to each other. Standard exercise mats do not go through this process, so due to temperatures and the materials the mats are made up of, you can get a big difference in thickness from tile to tile. You can see this in some of the home tracks that people have used exercise mats. There are usually large gaps between the links as well as a much larger height differences from tile to tile. Our grooming process helps bring the heights closer from tile to tile at the interlocking link. We also make the tiles out of the best material mixes, so this also helps keep the tiles from expanding or growing in height. Most exorcise mats are made from lower quality mixes which make them stiff and pron to shrinkage and expansion at higher rates than the RCP tiles.

Even with the grooming process and the high quality mixes we use, you will still find height differences in some of the tiles. Do to the temperature differences from our factory and other locations, there will always be a slight difference on selected tiles. When running my dNaNo on Mini-96 track layouts, I simply find the tile or tiles that are affecting the cars performance and put a piece of thick tape under the tile at the interlocking line where it joins up with a thicker tile. This brings the lower tile up to the height of the adjoining tile. This has worked very well on our tracks and the tracks I have built for Kyosho for trade show dNaNo demos.

Below is a picture of a custom track I did for the Mitsubishi Corporation. You can see how the tiles mesh together. It almost looks like one piece of mat. I fit a piece of tape on some of the tile interlocking sections that were off just a little.

We are working to make the new tracks available to Tinyrc as soon as possible.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 04-27-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

that is a very interesting track layout
Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 PM

Yes, we were given exact measurements to follow. Something to do with the Mitsubishi logo. Another custom track was created to match the Puma cat logo and the Shanghai International Circuit track. Those layouts were huge and measured close to 60ft in length.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Administrator

You beat me to it, I was going to suggest it looked a bit like the three diamonds! I'd love to see the Puma one, those who have met me in person know that I'm made of 80% Puma and 40% Red Bull (yes, I realize the overflow - 100% isn't enough).
Old 04-29-2009, 07:45 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

yeah, i too would love to see pictures of the other two
Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 PM

Any idea when you'll be able to post pics of your new dNano track?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Any idea when you'll be able to post pics of your new dNano track?
Should have something for you to view by next week.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 AM

Sounds good...can't wait to check it out!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:41 PM

I guess this is the week to see the new track :-)
Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z View Post
Although we do manufacture interlocking carpet tiles, we are most likely not going to incorporate them into the new tracks. We had our factory make some one off RCP Wide L kits using the carpet tile surface and we could not get the joints smooth enough for the dNaNo car. The process of laminating the carpet to the 5/8" foam and the carpet closed loop height difference from loop to loop, is what made the tiles uneven. The standard Mini-96 RCP tiles do have a slight difference in height which can be corrected with a few tape shims, but the carpet tiles were too far off from doing this fix. We are going to do one more test with thin 1/4" carpet tiles. With the thin foam, we may end up with a smoother joint for the dNaNo. We are also going to laminate a flatter, non-closed loop carpet surface to them to see if this helps. I will let you know how those tests work out.

Our new carpet track design incorporate large sections of racing carpet. Standard sections will be approx 6ft x 12ft or a little less, which will be plenty of room for a starter dNaNo track for someones home, garage or office space. If someone wants to increase the size of the track, they can use standard carpet tape or velcro to join the seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z View Post
Thanks guys for the nice comments about our tracks.

FYI, we do have a new carpet track coming out that will suit those who are looking for more of a permanent and scale looking track layout. The carpet track will be available with either our existing foam barriers or can be ordered with our new PP (polypropylene) worm rails. The kits will incorporate scale like inside corner curbs and grass run off options. We designed the track for the dNaNo cars, but it can be used for the mini-z as well. The worm rails are 3/4" high and can flex to any radius, sweep or chicane. You can vary the lane width at any point of the track .. The worm rails will attach to either our carpet or our RCP foam tiles for those that may already have some of our track products, but are looking to change the foam rails out.
^ This is what RCP posted on MZR on the subject. Sounds promising.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
I guess this is the week to see the new track :-)
Yes, this week is still looking good.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 PM

We are taking some media and marketing pictures tomorrow. I will have the pictures available here at Tinyrc sometime over the weekend or early next week at the latest.

We are working to provide two different surfaces for the carpet version of the dNaNo tracks. The first will be made out of a very similar if not the exact type of carpet used on the HTUSA tracks. This way if you have your car set up for those tracks, you won't have to make adjustments to your set up. The second version will be more of a high grip racing surface for those that like this type of set up. We are working with one of the members here on the forums who has done extensive research in carpet tracks and are working together to provide the best surface for high grip dNaNo tracks.

The new track rails, curbs and grass runoffs will be available for those who would like to run their dNaNo on our current RCP racing tiles. We will provide a special attachment that will allow the new worm rails, curbs and other props to secure to the RCP tiles.

I am also taking pictures of our new inside radius curbs and rail liner for the standard 50cm and 30cm RCP tracks. I will have those pictures available at the same time.

Last edited by RCP-Tracks, Inc; 05-15-2009 at 11:36 AM.