TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Xmodder

Send a message via AIM to rs2000 Send a message via Yahoo to rs2000
Doh i forgot, if you do have the rear red gear that came with the awd kit, don't try glueing it. I had a hard time with mine and it never worked out. Someone needs to machine a fully aluminum drive train for these things!

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-Stage 2 red SB hybrid motor (soon to be neo mags, BB can and BB endbell)
-IC-3 800 mAH bats - 4 cell
-AWD
-Blue springs up front, silver in back
-Aluminum locknuts at all four corners
-Locked rear diff for drift action!
[/color]
Old 01-14-2005, 03:24 PM

ok its just , i havent a spare and im not too confident , as if i eff it up i knackered , so you open up the big white gear , then do you take out the inside parts ??? , and then glue , or glue the inside parts ???
sorry to hasle ya but im just looking foward to trying it
Old 01-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Xmodder

Well you can order another diff at atomicmods if you screw it up. But take the stock diff apart. You will see a big blue gear and 3 little blue gears. Take the 3 blue gears out and the spacer that holds them in. Then you will see another big blue gear. Glue both big gears to the case of the diff. make sure your driveshafts fit in before it dries. After its done drying put the gear back together and put your car together again. You will have all power going to the rear wheels and you can drift with ease, but its easier to strip the glue out than you think. So be careful with the throttle and only drift on low grip surfaces like on linoleum (sp?) and stuff. If I take off at half throttle on carpet and hit full when it picks up, I can do nice fishtails and can actually get the car going sideways on carpet.

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-AWD
[/color]
Old 06-25-2005, 05:59 AM
sunfirerep601

try watching the drift bible... it has 6 drift technigues and guess what... HE BRAKES
Old 07-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Xmodder

Quote:
Originally posted by sunfirerep601
try watching the drift bible... it has 6 drift technigues and guess what... HE BRAKES
Uhh, yeah, braking is involved in a couple drift techniques, but just enough to lose traction, and that isn't the ONLY way to drift...

*Nissan 350z*
[COLOR=royal blue]
-AWD
[/color]
Old 11-26-2005, 07:58 PM
TinyRC Newbie

another technique involves weight transfer of the car using the brakes. when you step on the brakes, weight is transfered to the front of the car which reduces rear traction.

if you get the awd upgrade it gives you an extra diff, but i'm not sure if it's different than the stock one or not. if it isn't you could lock your stock one and keep the two awd ones unlocked just in case you wanted to swap back to an open diff setup.

has anyone tried putting a small amount of silly putty on the diff gears? that could be one way to lock them up temporarily and still be capable of going back to stock if you decide you didn't like it.

BTW- drifting relative to racing is not intended for speed on a track, it's just a way to keep the rpm's up on an engine through a turn which is helpful in rally racing. not on most paved surfaces where maintaining traction would be faster. on a paved track grip is faster than drift.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:49 PM
TinyRC Pro

Re: actually

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fast4u
a corner isnt a straight line so check ur information yes it is show but the point is NOT to loose speed because the tires keep on spinning. so stop the flaming i put this together to help people not so that people can criticize my work. i did research and i actually know what i am talking about.

In general, the fastest line through a corner is the one that allows the greatest radius or the straightest path....believe me...i have plenty of experience in this.

Heres a nice link to some cornering info.... ...and here

anytime you wanna put this theory to the test...come see me @ Moroso motorsports park here in florida and I'll put laps on you while you drift your way to the truth....
Old 11-27-2005, 03:45 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Re: Re: actually

Quote:
Originally posted by BoostCrzy
In general, the fastest line through a corner is the one that allows the greatest radius or the straightest path...
+1, that's why drift competitions are not all about speed and why you don't see nascar, formula 1, cart, indy, etc. cars drifting.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
why would someone come to this thread only to knock drifting? if you don't like it obviously don't reply. like nascar, it's not for everyone. but don't say it's not racing just because you don't think so. japan started the drift craze and use it while racing in events, wrc drift thru turns, it's being done....

someone would be offended if i go to nascar car threads and mock the left hand turns for example so don't come here knocking this subject please.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:17 PM
TinyRC Newbie

personally, i love drifting, but the reason for the controversy is misinterpretation. 2fast4u said something that sounded like the fastest way around a turn is to drift, which upset some of the community here because that's not true. now i realize that he meant that when your drifting, your going to want to go as fast as possible while maintaining the drift, and not that the fastest way to go through a turn is to drift.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:51 AM
(insert something funny)

Location: Toronto, Ontario in an igloo to all those americans lol
i want to drift but i dont know how lol

okay i have a washroom floor (obviously) and its tiled but it doesnt have DEEP ridges just small ones and i have an infiniti g35 with a 5th cell thats my whole setup how do i drift on this kind of floor without the awd kit and is there a way to lock the rear diff no one answered the last post about this

btw REALLY NEWBIE QUESTION but wut is the rear dif. lol im new to xmods and i see this alot im guessing its the white gear but its just a hunch
Old 06-29-2006, 05:43 PM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to color0
there's one excuse to drift... on low-traction surfaces when you need more steering, or you need to get the car through a tight spot quickly. rally racing would be the only place you find these conditions.

the other, theoretical condition is that drifting allows the CG of your car to take a wider radius than if you were to enter the corner using grip (because the rear will often follow a tighter line, thus the CG has to turn tighter). so surprisingly enough you can really cut into a corner with a drift. but (assuming a RWD car) to accelerate efficiently out of the corner, you have to regain traction before you reach the apex of the turn. and since the drift already set up your angle of corner exit, you need very little front grip when exiting the drift.

when you apply this, you can do as follows: set the car up for a touch of off-power oversteer, and as much on-power rear traction as you can get. entering the corner you can coast in and turn, or brake and turn. but you have to start getting on the throttle early to avoid losing the slide (you don't have much inertia to work with). keep the throttle low enough to not gain any angle. when you get to the apex, hopefully you've already got traction; if not, lift off enough to get it back, and accelerate out like a normal grip corner.

that IMO is an efficient use of the drift; under power, there's only one way to get the most out of the tires, and that's under full grip. but when decelerating, you have some options, and the drift is one of them. the scandinavian flick was invented for this purpose.

2fast4u- when you wrote the guide, had you actually tried drifting? without ridiculous skill and good equipment, RWD RC drifting is quite hard.

Greyscale Racing
Old 07-01-2006, 04:11 PM
(insert something funny)

Location: Toronto, Ontario in an igloo to all those americans lol
okay im running a 6 cell setup and im gunna get awd for it now 2 questions.

1) would awd slow down my xmod ALOT or do i HAVE to install lithium ions

2) can i drift with this setup eventhough my car is this heavy

p.s. im getting a rubber tire set in the mail also.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
TinyRC Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sachemtacl
i tried this but it doesnt work wenever i m supposed to drift i spin out. it is probubly because i have no traction. it isall stock. its an xmods g35 evo series
Old 07-14-2006, 01:12 AM
TinyRC Pro

Send a message via AIM to color0
Quote:
Originally posted by sachemtacl
i tried this but it doesnt work wenever i m supposed to drift i spin out. it is probubly because i have no traction. it isall stock. its an xmods g35 evo series
Drifting a RWD Xmod with rubber tires is so improbable... not impossible, but infinitely hard to pull off.

Grab an AWD kit.

Greyscale Racing