TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-07-2006, 10:05 AM
TinyRC Pro

New Zipzaps CARS! From Pixar

Hi, good news for everyone.
Sally

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZipZaps-Micro-RC...QQcmdZViewItem
McQueen

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZipZaps-Micro-RC...QQcmdZViewItem

They are ZipZaps SE BTW.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Tool User

Send a message via AIM to frizzen Send a message via Yahoo to frizzen
Those are actually looking pretty nice! I was afraid they'd be a lot worse.

Ok, so they finally did away with the hubcaps?

Sally is maybe a Porsche 911 carerra, still trying to figure out what McQueen is.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:59 PM
TinyRC Pro

SWEET!!!!!!

Matt
Old 05-08-2006, 03:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snake Mod
Nice I love that they have a new line of little toys for us.

Get more pics for us.

[color=green]
Old 05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
TinyRC Pro

it looks like mcqueen is an outlaw nascar type race car. I like the wheels on that one.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to rfnagel Send a message via Yahoo to rfnagel
Hehe, the McQueen one reminds be of a cartoonish cross between a NASCAR and one of those talking smiley-mouthed cars in the (I think the gas company was) Chevron commercials <LOL>! -
Old 05-09-2006, 12:42 AM
I process, therefore I am

Do they have good chassis under them? Good steering, no chatter, fast like the newer SEs?
Wish they had included the white letter tires too.

Last edited by Azimov; 05-09-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:43 AM

You know I saw your post elsewhere looking for an answer to a question I had (I was having troubles with my (FINALLY!) 2nd zipzap acquisition, so that I could make use of my remaining motor/gearset/body in the Initial D kit, and I was looking for the answer and came across those new ZZSE models.)

DarkT
Old 05-17-2006, 05:13 PM
TinyRC Pro

Sally

Mater

Lightning McQueen

Old 05-17-2006, 11:40 PM

That tow truck's kind of cool. I might have to get one to put on my shelf.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:45 AM

I bought one of these new Pixar ZZs today and found that they aren't SEs. They're actually a weird hybrid chassis thats completely new. They come in the standard 27 and 49mhz frequencies. There is a light connection on the PCB just like an SE. and all of the SE bodies are interchangeable except the GTOs for some reason. The Pixar car only had headlights, but when a standard SE body is plugged in, all lights work as usual.
But, the chassis is not proportional. The steering is magnetic, but the works are behind the front wheels rather than center front. The knuckles are slightly different, but the tiny springs are still there. The steering is very snappy and strong.
The running gears at the back are standard ZZ with the new square end motors and the additional metal tab on the heatsink. The thing is lightning fast. Even with the blue gear setup. The tires and hubcaps are the same, except the car is completely assembled in the box now.
So, what we got here is a new kind of standard ZZ with different magnetic steering and an SE type of lighting setup. It sports a black PCB cover thats much better and doesn't have those tiny little tabs at the back that always break off. And, it would seem that the antenna is solid wire and stiffer than the other ZZs, Very similar to Cat5, and more than effective as range is very good on these cars.
I like them alot. The chassis that is, but I'm glad any ZZ body will snap right on.
Edit: I just noticed that the pics above show the cars on standard ZZ controllers except the first one. Fact is, the top pic is correct, as these new cars have their own controller. The controller is just a slightly different ZZ Monster Truck controller. A standard Zip controller will work the car, but the charging jack is very different and the car can only be charged on one of the new controllers. The new controller uses 4 AAA batteries, and this may account for the increased performance of the cars.

Last edited by Azimov; 05-19-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:33 PM

yah i just got them at my store and i agree with everything that you said.

also Azimov did you notice that when the ZZ is on the charger it lets all the juice though to the motor.

It screams.

I think this is going to be amazing with the multi cells. I cant wait to start tearing them up. I took some pics and videos but i will have to wait till i get home before i can post them up.

I havent heard anything else on the ZZ though RS. so i dont know what if anything will replace the SE or the MTs. I will keep my ears open
Old 05-19-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
i dont know what if anything will replace the SE or the MTs
I'm afraid you may be holding the future of Zips in your hand right there. These Pixar cars seem to incorporate all of the stuff RS got right in the entire Zip line. The SE steering was always an issue. Even after ironing out the steering problems, and making them much faster, you could still buy one with some jitter right to the latest models. Most are good, but they just can't seem to eliminate center jitter in some random chassis no matter what they do. I think RS may be dumping Propo designs and sticking with redesigned magnetic steering.
The transmitters seem to be melding into this single MT derived design with slight asthetic differences. This may mean the MTs are still going to be around. But, I fear SEs might be history.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:35 AM

check this out. hope it works this is my first time loading video. this is out of my camera phone. but it shows how fast these new cars are, this is right out of the box.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:34 PM

Kewl! Workin fine for me. Is that the floor of the Radio Shack there in the video?
I've been playing with these things on linoleum. I have to say, the things are so fast that the cars fishtail out of control during the hole shot. A quick turn will either spin the car out or roll it over depending on the body used. These things are faster than the Panther Chariots that up til now held the speed record for unmodded cars for me.
I haven't cracked open the chassis yet to see the guts as I only have two cars. One of each frequency.