TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 05-03-2004, 04:05 PM
xmod destroyer

tiny rc making motors

I think tiny rc should make motors for xmods. I say this because alot of the motors out ther are overpriced and some aren't good quality. Mabey tiny could work with neuro to make motors. I know neuro could not wind every motor but you could experiment with diffrent machine wound armatures , brushes, and magnets. Y ou could by things like these in bulkto keep cost down just an idea. I posted this because i get tired of kids buying motors for 30 bucks that could be made fo about 10. you know what motor i'm talking about. its just a rip off. this is not slaunder im just proving a point.
------------------------------------------------
civic- powerdash, bearings,cf driveshaft
rsx-fried
4supras fried
2 skylines detroyed
1 civic destroyee
Old 05-03-2004, 04:27 PM

I hope you are not referring to my motors!

Here's the breakdown of what it would cost you:

1. Ball Bearing Can - $11
2. Neodymium Mags - $8
3. High-Temp Endbell - $0.80
4. High Perf Brushes - $3.30

That is $23.10 plus add in the expense of some motor to provide the armature that you must spend hours rewinding and then your magnet wire, and about $0.50 for the 2 caps.

Even the Do-It-Yourselfer can barely make the equivalent of an 'R-Tune' for the same amount of coin unless they happen to already have the parts laying around.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:37 PM
xmod destroyer

i wasn't refering to your motors. I know you make quality stuf. i was refering to the master of machine wound creations. The motor i was refering to was the stage 11. you could make that yourself for the price of a 180 and rewinding skills. i've taken that motor apart and i know what makes it tick. I didn't really think there was anything special about it.
rsx-fried
4supras fried
2 skylines detroyed
1 civic destroyee
Old 05-03-2004, 06:34 PM

No Comment
Old 05-03-2004, 10:22 PM
xmod destroyer

If i ever get another motor that i don't make myself i will probably end up buying it from you. What some people don't realize when that these motor builders are using much larger motors so it is much easier to get speed and power. say you have a 130 size can and make it a 30 turn and use a certian magnet strength. Then you take a 360 ( i think thts what it is) and make it a 25 turn. the 360 is going to perform better because it is larger and has a bigger magnetic field. It will also move the little car much quikcer because it was designed for a 1/10th scale and it is half the size of the car lol. For example say you have a honda civic(real car). Then you drop a dump truck motor in it. Imagine what it will do. get what i'm sayin
rsx-fried
4supras fried
2 skylines detroyed
1 civic destroyee
Old 05-04-2004, 10:01 AM

I hear ya! We do not sell the larger motors because we feel it is not a good ide to compromise the integrity of the chassis design. After all, the quality of the XMOD is NOWHERE near other R/C cars so every little bit of strength helps. Especially supporting the rear of the motor to keep gear alignment correct.

That is why we only sell the 130-sized can motors. Yes, larger motors give more speed, but you need to draw the line between speed and reliability sometime!
Old 05-05-2004, 07:35 AM
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally posted by xmodSpeed
I hope you are not referring to my motors!

Here's the breakdown of what it would cost you:

1. Ball Bearing Can - $11
2. Neodymium Mags - $8
3. High-Temp Endbell - $0.80
4. High Perf Brushes - $3.30

That is $23.10 plus add in the expense of some motor to provide the armature that you must spend hours rewinding and then your magnet wire, and about $0.50 for the 2 caps.

Even the Do-It-Yourselfer can barely make the equivalent of an 'R-Tune' for the same amount of coin unless they happen to already have the parts laying around.
...hence the reason why I never wanted to get into the motor-making business...
Old 05-05-2004, 08:22 AM

Yeah ... these parts are EXPENSIVE!!! What boggles my mind is that I know damn well that same laundry list of parts costs like $3.50 overseas!!!!

Just look at carmoworld.com ... but then getting them to answer e-mails is impossible.

Someone needs to step up, take the bull by the horns, see the need for 130 motor parts and become an importer to help us all out! Anyone out there with 10G's burning a hole in their pocket?!