TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 01-13-2010, 10:06 AM

HOBBYTOWN dNano CHALLANGE VA/NC

On Feb 13th and 14th, 2010 the following stores are having a challange for multiple bragging rights!!

Richmond, VA
Virginia Beach, VA
Greensboro, NC
Mooresville, NC

$10 Entry fee = unlimited laps!!

Prizes for the following:
Most laps
Fastest 100 lap average
Fastest Lap
Endurance Local Race Winner

If you have any questions please contact me at Htuvirginabeach@aol.com

This is going to be a lot of fun, so come on out and support your local Hobbytown!! Thanks.

Sean
Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 AM

Track Record Trophy

We are going to create a traveling track record trophy. The store with the fastest verified lap at the end of the weekend will get to hold the trophy until the next challenge.

Think you are fast? Come on out an prove it. Track record setting driver will win a free DNano car too!!

Bring it on ------- HobbyTown Scott
Old 01-13-2010, 09:31 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
hobby town usa fredrick wasn't interested? i would have been able to participate sunday at the fredrick store.

i do want to say this is an awsome idea!

Last edited by arch2b; 01-13-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM

This is the whole idea behind the HT track.Is it more interesting now even with the small size.I'm tellin you guys this could easily be bigger than slotcars ever have been.Imagine a national race held accross the country with thousands of participants or even a world event and not have to leave your state or possibly even your city.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

we are already doing that with mini-z's with How Fast Are You. i would be very interested if Hobby Town put together the dnano equivalent.

i don't think the idea behind the hobby town kyosho track was a national/regional competition series or shops would have disclosed this long ago. it was marketed toward the online stats and income generating model to hobby town. it would be vastly more successful under the model some of the east coast shops are putting together than the kyosho sales model. i applaud these shops for taking what was forced, sorry, mean tt say given to them and doing something much better with it.

it could easily replicate the earlier kyosho mini-z cup with regional races at the local hobby town and winners moving on to larger national event. call it the hobby town dnano cup

it's only a matter of time before club level interest picks up and a HFAY like club level series starts. i suggest hobby town takes the lead before this happens.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:06 PM

Alright, we now have HTU Fredrick onboard with this challange!!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:16 PM

Another Challenge Site Added

Manassas VA is now on board also.

Mooresville NC has a very low track record (in the 3s). The VA/MD guys better get their cars tuned up. Sub-4 second laps are pretty quick.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

awsome, i will plan to attend the htu fredrick event.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

quick question, i assume you will be using the kyosho timing system for this? i currently have not had any of my purchased cars registered at any hobby town. can you please explain what must be done if anything and what costs are involved? i doubt track time is free.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Faded92mx5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbytownscott View Post
Manassas VA is now on board also.

Mooresville NC has a very low track record (in the 3s). The VA/MD guys better get their cars tuned up. Sub-4 second laps are pretty quick.
We probably won't see numbers that low in the Challenge. We haven't seen anything sub-4sec in a while. Call me crazy, but I think the track is getting slower. The fastest times I've seen lately is maybe 4.20s? Possibly the high teens.

-Mark
Old 01-19-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
quick question, i assume you will be using the kyosho timing system for this? i currently have not had any of my purchased cars registered at any hobby town. can you please explain what must be done if anything and what costs are involved? i doubt track time is free.
Registering the car simply requires you select a username/password for your racednano.com account, provide an email address and run the car over the loop to sync the acct with your RF ID#. We have not yet charged for laps at our store. The $10 entry fee during the dNano Challenge will give you unlimited laps for the weekend. Hope that answered your questions.

-Mark

Last edited by Faded92mx5; 01-19-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:28 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Yep, gives me enough to go on. I'll double check with the Fredrick store to see what, if any other things they require.

If I recall correctly your purchase of a car gets you a period of free membership on the racednano we site after which you must renew via HTU. Does this remain true when you purchase from one HTU and register at another?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
Yep, gives me enough to go on. I'll double check with the Fredrick store to see what, if any other things they require.

If I recall correctly your purchase of a car gets you a period of free membership on the racednano we site after which you must renew via HTU. Does this remain true when you purchase from one HTU and register at another?
If I remember correctly, you get 3 months membership to racednano. After that, its supposed to be 20-30 bucks a year, but I have not had any of my racers ask about or attempt to re-subscribe, and as far as I know their accounts are still active.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

what will happen on saturday vs. sunday? i have mini-z racing on saturday. crap, just realized feb 14th... being married, it would be very foolish of me to spend the day racing on valentines day.

sadly it looks like i will have to miss this event. as soon as the next one is scheduled, let us know!

Last edited by arch2b; 01-19-2010 at 09:11 PM.