TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-02-2004, 09:22 PM

Replies

We are always adding designs for Xmods. I will see which designs off of the site you have the link to will work on Xmods. When you start making decals in the scale that Xmod cars are in you start to lose detail but I will take some of those designs and convert them! Let me know which one you would be the most interested in and I will start there! You can take a piece of very fine sand paper (260-400 grit) and just hit the end of the DS with that. You can also reduce the diameter of the shaft by turning the shaft inside a loop of sand paper as well. The shafts are fitted for a car with bearings so they maybe tight on a bushing car. be careful when sanding you can get them too thin and make them very brittle. you should have enough material to get them to fit the bushing. You could also send it back to me and I will remachine the DS to fit a bushing instead fo a bearing at no charge. If you do that I will upgrade you to the latest design that will never break unless you step on it or something. Second question, the URL is http://xmods.decals-r-us.com. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:56 PM
I Shall Return!

Send a message via AIM to xxspeednplayaxx
because i dont wanna mess with the shaft (seeing how i wish to convert to bearings) ill prolly just make my bushings a little wider, as for the unbreakable version, id be happy to purchase one if this ds were to break.. again thans for the offer...
Old 02-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Happiness is a warm gun..

Send a message via AIM to spitty12
Well I got a parts car that included bearings in the back and drive shaft but no bearings up front. Where would I be able to use the wider sealed bearings in the car?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by QPizzle
Sealed bearings ARE available for XMODS.

http://xmods.decals-r-us.com/catalog...1cfb838484b57a

they sell for rather much, for 8 bearings, its way over 64$. although they are abec 5 or 7 which are fast as hell.
That's totally outrageous! The bearings we are working on will be the correct size, best quality, and shielded. And much, much cheaper. Surely no one has ever bought these from them?!

By the way, RE CF shafts:

http://tinyrc.com/shop/products.php?pid=14

Old 02-04-2004, 11:55 PM
Happiness is a warm gun..

Send a message via AIM to spitty12
Any idea on when they will be ready for sale?
Old 02-06-2004, 10:56 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to QPizzle
there is some guy on eBay selling shielded xmods bearings, a whole set for 20$, they look like gold too
CL lights
CF centershaft
locked diff.
2nd stg. drift setup
hard slick rear/soft slick front
hard sus. rear/med sus. front
6 Cell w/IC-3's
FET upgrade
Dremel polished motor heatsink (mass mirror)
Flat black rims/chassis/front and rear plates

only thing i really needed.. and only thing i didnt buy:

AWD kit (out of stock everywhere...)
Old 02-25-2004, 09:54 AM
not so newbie member

yeah I bought some of those sealed bearings off ebay for a little under $17. They only look gold in the picture, they are really silver. Anyway, I've had them in there for a few days now and they work great! The only thing was that since they are a little wider than the stock plastic bushings, it requires some modifying in some areas to get them to fit properly.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:00 PM

what's the auction item # you won?

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
67' Camaro...lights..reversed rear wheels..alloy nuts
NSX..RSX wheels..smoked headlight housing..lights..alloy nuts
black Civic...lights..lowered..Skyline clip..black Supra wheels
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-25-2004, 08:48 PM
not so newbie member

just keep in mind that they are wider than the stock bushings and you'll need to do some minor modifications.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:31 PM

They're $16 + shipping. I'd rather get the RS bearings.

RSX...FWD..soft tread F & hard tread R tires..gloss black skyline wheels..crystal clear headlights..euro taillights..4.5 tie rod..lights..red suspension arms..red springs..alloy nuts
white Supra...RWD..doubled rear stock tires..white 5 spoke wheels(from 1st RS upgrade)..lowered..st.2 drift..lights..alloy nuts
350Z...Supra wheels..chrome exhaust tips..lowered..lights..lifted rear with spacers for leveled stance..alloy nuts..body match painted supra wheels
black Skyline...AWD..RSX wheels..lowered..all orange painted silvers..st.2 drift..lights..yellow springs..alloy nuts
yellow Skyline, outdoor car..LITHS..AWD - front LSD & locked rear..drift tires or hard tires..dipped 9T st. 2 motor..black chassis, rear upper deck & motor holders..yellow springs...rear monoshock..F&R alloy cups, shafts, and knuckles
F150 mods include fets, 7.4V liths, st1 motor with stock gearing, F&R gpm diffs monster tires, bearings, lift kit and 4WD.
silver Supra on evo chassis, liths, AWD, lowering kit, wide rear stance, st2, bearings, 1.5 TR, F&R gpm knuckles
G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-29-2004, 12:45 PM
I really should change my title...

Send a message via AIM to QPizzle
Quote:
Originally posted by newbitowner
They're $16 + shipping. I'd rather get the RS bearings.
are you missing the whole idea.. RS bearings suck in comparison. these are shielded, at almost the exact same price.
CL lights
CF centershaft
locked diff.
2nd stg. drift setup
hard slick rear/soft slick front
hard sus. rear/med sus. front
6 Cell w/IC-3's
FET upgrade
Dremel polished motor heatsink (mass mirror)
Flat black rims/chassis/front and rear plates

only thing i really needed.. and only thing i didnt buy:

AWD kit (out of stock everywhere...)
Old 02-29-2004, 12:57 PM

but the RS bearings are easier to install

G35 rolling chassis
H2 rolling chassis
Cobra,rolling chassis
red Supra SOLD
65' Mustang...SOLD
Corvette... SOLD
WRX...SOLD
blue Civic...SOLD
Old 02-29-2004, 05:08 PM
0reZepyT

Quote:
Originally posted by newbitowner
but the RS bearings are easier to install
how? they're both bearings, it's not like you need to assemble the sealed bearings. sealed bearings install as easily as RS bearings since the only difference is they're sealed
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:31 PM
not so newbie member

Actually newbitowner is kinda right. The sealed ones that I purchased off ebay are slightly thicker than the stock bushings and therfore they do require some dremel-ing to fit properly in certain spots. However, it's a pretty easy procedure. Plus the added effort is worth it to have sealed bearings in my opinion.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:44 PM
0reZepyT

well the bearings being tested for TRC are designed to match the size of the RS bearings so no dremeling should be necessary
Rachel: No! No Joey! U-N-I-sex.
Joey: Well, I ain't gonna say no to that.