TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 PM
jeffbird

Cool Dnano nissan fairlady z

Hi guys im thinking of getting this car and i would like to know what you guys think about it. Like the good and bad.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to MrNanoTrax
Talking

good: its wide but not so wide that it turns abruptly (like the LP640). its low profile, stable and takes option parts like SSG-DPS Kits without body mods

bad: its low ground clearance can be a problem on surfaces that aren't perfectly flat. its under/oversteer problem in cornering is difficult to fix.

overall: cool looking car that looks even better hooked up with option parts like aluminum wheels. if you're looking for a car than can handle high speed and provide stability, this should be your pick. good luck!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoTrax View Post

bad: its low ground clearance can be a problem on surfaces that aren't perfectly flat. its under/oversteer problem in cornering is difficult to fix.
Does this mean it's not very good for technical tracks and can you elaborate on oversteer/understeer issue? Thanks!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 AM

its not bad on technical layouts... it just sits really low and can easily get caught on seams in found in RCP circuits and even on our circuit at nanotrax. RobbyDV and I both noticed the car tended to have understeer a bit when corning at high speed, then oversteer on exiting the corner. this normally is resolved by adjusting suspension setup but the problem couldn't be completely eliminated. if you've got a delicate hand, this isn't much of an issue as you can adjust your style to compensate.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:03 PM
jeffbird

so i checked my local hobby town and they dont have it they do have the lamborghini murcielago what do you think of that one.

Thank you so much
Old 02-04-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
its not bad on technical layouts... it just sits really low and can easily get caught on seams in found in RCP circuits and even on our circuit at nanotrax. RobbyDV and I both noticed the car tended to have understeer a bit when corning at high speed, then oversteer on exiting the corner. this normally is resolved by adjusting suspension setup but the problem couldn't be completely eliminated. if you've got a delicate hand, this isn't much of an issue as you can adjust your style to compensate.
Thanks for the 411 regarding handling, good info for all, have a feeling a lot of people will be adding this body to their collection (pretty sells). So far as getting caught on the track I know this will make some cringe but pretty much common practice & necessity with the Zs to just dremel off the front lip all together for a bunch of bodies which are commonly used for racing, so that maybe the way to go?
Old 02-04-2010, 06:04 AM

either that or go up to a 20' size wheel which adds clearance but reduces stability. i 'dremel'ed' mine a bit, threw on some alum. 20s and i've got no clearance issues. i'm not a fan of the murcielago because it handles in a strange manner when cornering. its one of the more stable cars because of the track width but its really a personal preference. its ASC is extremely durable, so you'll never have to worry about cracking a body in the heat of a heat

Last edited by MrNanoTrax; 02-04-2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: adding necessary info
Old 02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i've noticed with my motul z that the front is flexible and wiggles around and thin which i'm sure will equate to cracking. an old mini-z trick is to reinforce the front nose clip area with plastic styrene. i may just try this however any weight added to the nose will make much more of a difference on the dnano than it does to the mini-z.

i put 20's on and removed the interior light buckets all together. i haven't had a chance to race this just yet but i'm hoping to get some track time this weekend.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:52 PM

My two Dnano's happen to be the Z and the Murcielago. I have a Mini-96 track upstairs and have no problem with the low clearance over the seams. I do however have problems with the little chin spoiler. If I hit the rails at the right speed and angle, it can get swedged under the rails and gets stuck.

Straight out of the box, no mods, the Murcielago runs a lot smoother, less hop, and is easier to control around the turns (the understeer and oversteer issue discussed earlier). My best time with the Lambo is around 6.81, and with the Z about 7.1. Big difference. I've tried and tried to get it under the 7.0 mark. Wil probably install my hop-ups this weekend.

I love both of these cars. They look great and are fun to drive. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

Lastly, my Z makes a high pitch chirping noise when you hit the throttle. It's kind of annoying. The lambo chirps a little, but it is so faint you can barely hear it if you try to listen for it. Is this normal? Anyone having the same issue?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:18 AM
jeffbird

Cool

Thanks for all the help guys.

I ended up getting the lambo and i love it.
I hope to some day race at nanotrax

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 03:24 AM

I have the lambo lp640 and my fiancee has the 911 gt3. I love the lambo, it is the widest car and is really stable; the gt3 is better for a technical layout but requires more driver skill because it can be twitchier than the wider/longer cars.

I also noticed the lambo is really quiet while the gt3 is noisier, especially in reverse?

Q'on...any thoughts regarding the autech Z versus db9 versus the GTR (r35)?

Thanks in advance

-Ray
Old 02-12-2010, 08:04 AM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

i was torn between these two choices as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRay6 View Post
Q'on...any thoughts regarding the autech Z versus db9 versus the GTR (r35)?Thanks in advance

-Ray
i HATE the R35... 'nuff said

no seriously... the street cars r just not my thing cuz i'm a race fanatic. none of them can touch GT style race cars in race performance. the R35 is too narrow, its got way too much ground clearance, and its too tall. DBR9 is easier to drive than the Autech Z.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:54 PM
TinyRC & Mini-zRacer Fan

how close to the ground do you want them? my motul is less than 1/8" off the ground, even less in the front, maybe a 1/16"

someday i'll pick up the db9 autoscale. maybe after the r35 gt cars are released as i'm sure i will be switching my motul for one of those to match my mini-z.

off topic but the autoscale prices are crazy. they are comparable to a mini-z autoscale and those prices have risen about $20 in the last couple years which has really cut into sales.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
i HATE the R35... 'nuff said

no seriously... the street cars r just not my thing cuz i'm a race fanatic. none of them can touch GT style race cars in race performance. the R35 is too narrow, its got way too much ground clearance, and its too tall. DBR9 is easier to drive than the Autech Z.
Thanks Q'on...yea i felt a little ridiculous posting a question comparing between race cars versus street car

Is the 911 still one of your favorites? Is the gtr more stable than the gt3 and not as sensitive/twitchy (longer wheelbase)? My girl's gt3 traction rolls fairly easily on rcp track (gripier side) after a straight but can make tighter turns more easily compared to my lambo.

I was thinking the gtr may be a middle ground between the two cars since the gtr is wider than the gt3 (yes right?) and longer (similar to the lambo?).

This is off topic but there should be a general rank/list of worst car to best.

One of the people i would think is capable of accomplishing this is you (Q'on) since you have probably driven all the cars

Thanks

-Ray