TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Master of my Domain...

Rev 5.0 Board and it's caps???

I've read all the posts on the subject of the caps on these boards but there are still a couple grey areas.

On a controller board for a Bit, revision 5.0(pictured below)

1)Which cap should be replaced to get a 90 min charge??? I have circled the two on this particular board and the bottom one already happens to be a 16v/47uf/105c. (obviously I know this is not the one to remove and replace with another identical cap ) The other just says 50v/1uf. The info on QFMs site doesn't give specs on these newer boards. Can a rev 5 board be modded in the same way by removing the top cap???
So... has anyone done this mod on a Rev 5.0 board and know if the top cap is in fact the one to remove and replace with a 16v/47uf/105c to get a 90 min charge???

2)The cap on the left... C11... the only suspect cap on this board front or back. Is this really, actually, for a fact a cripple cap??? I read one post where a guy said taking it out worked for him but was that a legit post??? Is he the only one who tried it and had it work without goofing the board it up???

I'm sure there are many rev 5 board owners who are looking for this same info... any help is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg int_caps.jpg (36.7 KB, 309 views)
Old 11-30-2002, 02:42 PM
Master of my Domain...

That should read 90sec not 90min... oops...
Old 12-01-2002, 12:43 AM
Master of my Domain...

I'm hesitating removing C11 just because of the fact that doesn't come close to the connections that the cap on QFM does. If C11 retards reception then it does it way before the antenna...

BTW... did you measure range before and after removing c11??? Any adverse reactions???
Old 12-01-2002, 06:34 PM
TinyRC Newbie

7-10 foot range increase for me
Old 12-02-2002, 02:31 AM
TinyRC Pro

Ohhh ****....

I removed the c11 cap from my controller and Now I have to buy a new controller. DO NOT DO THIS MOD IF YOU HAVE A REV 5 controller.

I reattempted to reconnect the C11 cap but it looks like my controller is just broken at this time. It's dead.