TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/43 and Smaller > Kyosho dNaNo > Kyosho dNaNo Gallery

Old 06-30-2008, 11:17 AM

Post video's of your Dnano in action!

Here's my Murcielago Dnano on my new Mini96 track! What fun!
Music is Frankenstien by Eger Winter, and White Wedding by Billy Idel. Not sure I spelled his last name right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCSsf8HWTY
Old 06-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Wow, the mini-96 is to small for the dnano! Are those flags going to be reused for your 4th of July BBQ?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM

Super cool, nice work. Is that the x-speed? I run in my house on Mini-96 and it is not too small but it is not easy either. It may be a little tight for anything more than a stock motor. If you can drive good, clean, fast laps, you are a good driver no matter what.

I have next to no room for my track so I actually run a modified grid of Mini-96 that goes down to one tile wide!!! Try driving that and then see how big a full or 3 tile wide Mini-96 feels.HAHAHA
Old 07-04-2008, 10:57 AM

LOL! No, I'm keeping those flag's, they were hard to find! I've since then gotten rid of half of those hair-pin turn's and stretched the track.

Much faster lap's, and easier on the MR02's as well as the Dnano's. The Dnano's simply love it! I actually find my stock Ferrari 360 to slow so I'll be upgrading it with the Xspeed motor as well.
Yes, the Murceilago has the Xspeed and it's awesome! My only trouble with it now, is I'm finding one of the inside screw's to the wheel mounting surface keep's coming undone. I posted it elsewhere in this forum.
This new arrangement is much better!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:13 PM

My first attempt at vids

My digital camera kinda sorta takes videos. Here's my post with my first two:

http://fraz.com/groups/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28
Old 07-24-2008, 12:47 PM

I posted my 2 vids to YouTube...

Here are my 2 vids on YouTube since many couldn't decode them properly with their browsers.

http://www.youtube.com/v/KLR4jKLjgLg
http://www.youtube.com/v/LiVlhX848is

BTW, any of you with Mini-96 RCP and dNanos... try this layout and see how well you can do. Here it is http://fraz.com/groups/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30
Old 07-24-2008, 05:51 PM

I think I like my layout better. Nice though, look's a bit tight in some areas. I bet you can't drive your MR02's on that though!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:38 PM

5 Dnano on our club carpet yesterday. The Murcielago in first pos is mine, but others had grip problems while the traction on mine with foams was just amazing.

video

Some pics

Old 10-05-2008, 08:21 PM

Cool pics! Yours look's way better with those alloy wheels than the others do with the boring stock wheels.

Very nice racing there! The others couldn't even keep up much less they were sliding all over the place!
Is that with the gyro and how do you like it? I'm still questioning the gyro my self. I've got one, but don't know if I like it as it slows the car down on the turns.

Last edited by Marcro; 10-05-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcro View Post
Is that with the gyro and how do you like it?
Yep with gyro. I like it so much I could not do without.
I did not feel the slowdown effect too much as you can see on the vid, with no gyro the power with the x-speed is just about too much for the grip available on carpet. It was obvious when I still used the skiny stock tires.
I did not try it on RCP tho, but I think the gyro is something for low grip surfaces like carpet where it is very efficient in controlling the drifts. Just crazy to see the car recenter itself when it was about to spin out.

Last edited by fovea3d; 10-06-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Aw, maybe that's what I'm seeing. Since I'm racing on a grippy RCP track, that the gyro is giving the slow-down effect. I might try and set up my track with slick side up next weekend when Dad's out again.
I'm still waiting to hear back from AVM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:05 AM

Try it on laminate floor or tiles if you have any with the giro plugged and unplugged, you will feel the difference.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:07 AM

I know that on the hardwood floor, that without the gyro it just does donuts unless your like at 20% throttle and crawling. I have yet to try the gyro on the hardwood but I dont' think I need to now that I have my RCP.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to -J- Send a message via MSN to -J- Send a message via Yahoo to -J-
Not my dNaNo but a couple other peoples' in Hong Kong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CznTsf0NBFw.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:51 PM

That's some large track for 1/43 ...my guess is you are sharing a mini-z track? Not sure if my eye sight is good enough to see a car at the far end of the track properly! Looks like lots of speed though down those straights.

I rarely see these things over steer, or traction-roll/understeer ...they seem more point and shoot rather then technical with repsect to handling. Would be interesting to see if they would drift on carpet with a less grip on the rear, or whether they would just snap oversteer.