TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts
Old 11-14-2004, 01:10 PM
It's Really Fast!

Quote:
Originally posted by LiLStagg
dude who said dual cells viper? Li-poly, mosfets, aluminum, its real buddy completly real, you ever hear of Microsash?
57 kph? I doubt it. Show me a vid of it running that if you're so confident. a li-po is 3.6 volts, so it's equivalent to a tricell. 35 mph is not happening with a bit. I'll shut up when I see a vid.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:15 PM
iPod therefore iAm

Speed Checkers are not the most accurate things in the world, or so I've heard.

Anyways, how can i fix my range problems with my MSPro? I read about a thing called the "Cat5 mod," can anybody tell me what that is? Do the Auto Modellista sets have the range problems too?

Here are all the range mods I've read about:

Cat5
Cripple Cap
More voltage in controller (ie more batts in the controller)
Telescopic antenna (on controller)
Better/longer antenna (on car)
Old 11-14-2004, 08:31 PM
It's Really Fast!

Quote:
Originally posted by MattPaintballer
Cat5
Cripple Cap
More voltage in controller (ie more batts in the controller)
Telescopic antenna (on controller)
Better/longer antenna (on car)
The Cat5 and longer car antenna are the same thing. Cat5 is some kind of network wire, which is solid core copper, and is available in many colors. You just replace your stock antenna with it, and it stands up really tall.

I have not heard of putting more voltage in the controller, but I'm pretty sure it'd mess up charging. The Crip cap is a little thing on the board. Look for a tut to do it on QFM.

A telescopic antenna is easy. Get a cheap dome clone with the antenna. Open it up, and unscrew the part that the antenna screws to. Open up the bit controller, and take out the windy antenna (be careful, it flies out, so point it away from you and other people). Trim the plastic piece from the clone until the controller can close with it in there. Solder the antenna wire from the board to the metal part, and glue it right below the void left by the old windy antenna. Close it up, screw in your antenna, and you're done!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:09 AM
bdnunchaku

Quote:
Originally posted by MattPaintballer
:/ I've found two websites that sell 4.2's... toyeast.com and another site. I'd rather buy from TinyRC but they don't seem to sell the 4.2's... The reason I'd buy from TinyRC is because I know that Tiny is a reputable site and Mini-ZRacer is reputable, too. They're both sister sites and they're both cool. But toyeast and the other site don't seem to be very reputable. I haven't heard anything good or bad about them, but they both seem to be almost like marketing gimmick/false advertisers... They also seem to be based in Japan and they might be like what I've heard about ########... But the other site seems to have all the things I need - 4.2's, 3.8's, 200 mAh NiMH's, new tires, and Hummer bodies. The only thing they don't have is the Auto Modellista set (which I'll be getting from after Christmas is over (I'm not allowed to buy anything until after Christmas...)

Edit: By the way does anybody know where I can get the Fairlady Z/350Z body? Those look really nice...
Four of my coworkers have bought items from Toyeast with no problems. They are also in ebay under Toyeast.

As far as your comments on the Japanese...you have a problem with my asian heritage?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:22 PM
BitPimp

WOW!! i had no idea that cat-5 was even a mod... lol i have like 40 feet of cat-3 which has a thinner casing and is a lot lighter.

its cool cause theres 50 strands of wire in the bundle, and all the strands have different color codes, so you can match it to your car's color scheme. i just started using this stuff in my cars... like a couple days ago.

i use the black w/green wire, cause my car is... i mean was a black slk with green edges. (the chassis mealted when i left it on my home made charger too long on a half amp charge.(yah... kinda sucks)) its cool tho, the only things that died were the batteries and the chassis.

oh yah that cat wire is hard to solder with because if you make a bend before you solder it, the casing will mealt right off the bend... so make sure its strait for at least a cm before soldering, make the bends after you solder it, its easier, just so you dont have to resolder another wire on it. (batteries hate the heat)

Last edited by nasphere; 11-15-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:00 PM
iPod therefore iAm

Quote:
Originally posted by bdnunchaku As far as your comments on the Japanese...you have a problem with my asian heritage? [/b]
I guess I kinda said that wrong. I have nothing against the Japanese or Asians or anything, I'm not racist. One of my friends is Asian. The Japan part of my comment meant there coule be high shipping costs to U.S., and the website seems gimmick-ish. I am sorry if I offended you in any way, I didn't mean to.