TinyRC.com - XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop
Forums, XMODS, XMOD, Micro Flight, ZipZaps, ZipZaps SE, Bit Char-G, MicroSizers, TTTT, Plantraco Desktop Rover, SuperSlicks, Digi Q
XMODS Hop-Ups, XMODS Parts, XMOD Hop-Ups, XMOD Parts, Bit Char-G Hop-Ups, Bit Char-G Parts, MicroSizers Hop-Ups, MicroSizers Parts

Go Back   TinyRC.com > 1/43 and Smaller > SuperSlicks > SuperSlicks

Old 04-28-2004, 10:41 PM

Some comments on the SS (since forum is quiet).

Picked up the blue Subaru WRX 2003 today, along with the 1/4 mile dragrace/2F2F upgrade kit.

1) 27,000 RPM motor - Too fast for my house (wood floors) I have a few areas that I have about 15-20 feet straight that I can open it up, and even then the car is too fast with that motor. I'm suprised that people are wanting more speed.

2)I'm looking at picking up another one, adding some different, larger wheels, and create a body to work with large wheels, and running this puppy around my driveway. Driveway is a bit rough here and there, and Zips, Bits, and Slicks have problems with the little flaws in the cement. A little more clearance would make this my choice of driveway racing.

3)This would be a great setup for a 1/43 version of the 1/18 Team Lossi Mini-T, if you had more clearance, and some simple shocks. It wouldn't handle the grass well (too light to push it down/get traction) but simple dirt tracks would be great. Using the stock motor, the SS has a lot of power, and with the right gears, would be a great dirt track racer.

Enough of the ramblings of a new SS owner.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Tiny RC Pro

That is actually a very good idea! Now if they get some motors that are faster and have higher torque that would be awesome. I think I will do that unless they make one before that. my driveway is pavement and is too rough to drive anything smaller than a monster truck without it bouncing uncontrollably.

Everyone who owns a SS email them and tell them to make a full suspension SS with more ground clearance and easily replaceble knobbies. Please! Also ask for long travel (like a half an inch)
Old 05-02-2004, 11:24 PM

I really do think the SS's would be the perfect driveway racers...except for the clearance and suspension.

I know TRU's target audience probably races them around kitchen or garage floors, but I think this is the smallest workable size for a good suspension and better ground clearance. ZZ's/Bits, it'd be too hard to get good clearance/suspension with the wheelbase limitations, as well as the weight doesn't give them the "oomph" needed to handle some obstacles.

SS's though...there's enough chasis/wheelbase area to work in higher clearance and good shocks.

I'm not one of those that wants them as low as possible. I want to open these cars up and hit the top speed, and not worry that they'll get stuck on a small crack or a twig or pebble. I'll leave the lowriders to others.

I WANT A RALLY SUPERSLICK - IMPREZA OR LANCER OR FOCUS

When I get the time, I'm going to do some heavy work on these.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Tiny RC Pro

I was thinking along the lines of this.http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyoc0105b.jpg

Having a car that looked exactly like this just with interchangeable bodies would be awesome. I would probably just race it in the garden when it dries out to make some cool dirt courses. Imagine how awesome it would be to see one of these come around a dirt corner with the suspension going and kicking off roosts of dirt. It probably wouldn't kick off dirt but it would still be cool. It would probably be so much easier to hit full speed on my carpets if they made one like the car above. I agree that rally cars would be cool but they wouldn't be able to get the kind of suspension as these but it would still be cool. BUT... If it was 4WD I would definitely buy it. I would pay more for it if it came like the above picture. It would be cool to be able to buy better shocks and parts like the XMODS. I wouldnt mind if the rear was like a Kyosho Mini-Z Overland. The front would have to be A-Arms like a real stadium truck or buggy.